Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342688 times)

0 Members and 187 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4890 on: July 16, 2009, 06:19:14 pm »

That is a fine looking animal.  Nice gloss on his coat.  Is there a fly problem, or is the hood SOP for convalescing equines?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4891 on: July 16, 2009, 08:54:02 pm »

Hang out and shoot the shit with Steve Gorman and Chris Robinson.  And clap and holler like a maniac for Levon Helm.

OK, that was yesterday.  Today I'm just riding out the afternoon in my cube.

I've seen BC about 4 times and they kicked ass every time.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4892 on: July 18, 2009, 05:53:55 pm »

...walk around artscape and see this great artcar:


When I do a search online to find a picture of it, who's the first result on google? That crazy photojournalist right above me. "The Brass Van" is really a great piece of work though. The owner first covered it in $15k worth of coins, then on top of that he riveted the amazing assortment of brass figures you can see in the picture.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4893 on: July 19, 2009, 05:10:20 am »

Dude, that car was parked in my front yard

I went outside the next morning 'bout 9:30 and there were about 10 people milling around it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4894 on: July 19, 2009, 04:30:22 pm »

Man, somebody wanted me to go to Artscape yesterday but I already had plans. I should go today but I don't really want to drive up to Baltimore alone.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4895 on: July 19, 2009, 04:34:13 pm »

Today I'm gonna try to find a real grown-up table for my house, so I can then measure it and determine where to place electrical fixtures to illuminate said table and whatever fancy meals shall be placed thereupon.

Also I'm going to see a lot of junk at the swap meet and possibly sunburn my feet again.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4896 on: July 19, 2009, 06:48:39 pm »

...walk around artscape and see this great artcar:


Hey, Mr Trout lives in Baltimore?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4897 on: July 19, 2009, 07:57:50 pm »

Yeah, I live in Mt. Vernon actually, right by Grand Central if you know the area. It's a hell of a lot better than 22nd st where I used to live. That area does have it's bohemian charms, but I got a little tired of waking up junkies passed out in my parking lot in order to move my car.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4898 on: July 19, 2009, 08:21:53 pm »

oh man, a party thrown by linguists for linguists is a thing to see.

Wow.

Today, I catch up on hundreds of pages of reading, and start writing two short papers.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4899 on: July 19, 2009, 08:37:55 pm »

oh man, a party thrown by linguists for linguists is a thing to see.

Wow.


Really. Things must have changed a lot since my day.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4900 on: July 19, 2009, 08:40:03 pm »

...play in my first pick-up lacrosse game of the summer.  Don't care whether its a "not-even-tertiary" event or not.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4901 on: July 19, 2009, 09:16:44 pm »

OH, I deleted the mean sentence where I made my meaning clear.

They were a bunch of awkward dorks who could not dance or have normal conversations.

the sociolinguists all sat in one corner drinking and rolling their eyes at the dance floor.
the phonetics/syntax/etc type people danced arhythmically.

"these girls are all begging for someone to come along who will say "hey, have you heard about heterosexual sex? I know how to do that. I am willing to do that with you.""
-my roommate.

Once I started thinking about that part I just got kind of sad and left.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4902 on: July 19, 2009, 09:31:15 pm »

Yeah, I live in Mt. Vernon actually, right by Grand Central if you know the area. It's a hell of a lot better than 22nd st where I used to live. That area does have it's bohemian charms, but I got a little tired of waking up junkies passed out in my parking lot in order to move my car.

I'm not sure about this. I've never once seen you say "hon" or "down the ocean."

Aaaand now I have Blue Skies Over Dundalk stuck in my head.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4903 on: July 19, 2009, 11:43:33 pm »

OH, I deleted the mean sentence where I made my meaning clear.

They were a bunch of awkward dorks who could not dance or have normal conversations.

the sociolinguists all sat in one corner drinking and rolling their eyes at the dance floor.
the phonetics/syntax/etc type people danced arhythmically.


Ah, that's more like it.  At least they tried to dance, you probably have no idea the effort that took.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4904 on: July 20, 2009, 12:09:01 am »

Yeah, the era of having to try really hard to dance is past, for me. Now I just revel in the awesomeness of "why is that guy dancing? No one else is dancing..."

At least, you know, I can revel in that for a few minutes, and then stop out of shame.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 878   Go Up