Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346296 times)

0 Members and 177 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5835 on: November 10, 2009, 01:50:22 am »

wish i was this guy:  http://twitter.com/snakebro
me:@snakebro Are you viral marketing for cutty sark or what? And you left us hanging on what the girl called about.
snakebro: bk chick called again. turns out she is getting back together with her ex. whatever, i hope bro enjoys lady gaga ringtones and so-so sex

All in all I cant decide if he is real or not. He claims to drink a heroic amount of alcohol yet maintain a steady flow of activity and coherent "tweets"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5836 on: November 10, 2009, 01:58:05 am »

me:@snakebro Are you viral marketing for cutty sark or what? And you left us hanging on what the girl called about.

i make sandwiches at quiznos bro
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5837 on: November 10, 2009, 02:12:33 am »

I haven't watched Mad Men because I assumed it was as poorly written as everything else on television.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5838 on: November 10, 2009, 02:25:55 am »

my roommate who is a Comparative Literature major loves it intensely. He reads big books about Narrative Theory and shit so I believe him when he says it is well written.

Also I like it a lot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5839 on: November 10, 2009, 02:59:00 am »

Goddamn it I had stayed away for so long, mostly because I have avoided hearing or reading anything about it. But Slate has had this dialogue and now you guys. Three seasons in? I have some catching up to do.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5840 on: November 10, 2009, 03:05:07 am »

...save 37% off my groceries this week by combining sale items with triple coupons, and putting the whole thing on my Discover card for a 5% cash back bonus.

*frugal dance*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5841 on: November 10, 2009, 03:14:11 am »

Harris Teeter frequently does triple coupons but I never have any. Where do people get these coupons that let them get their groceries for like $1.97?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5842 on: November 10, 2009, 04:12:18 am »

Today, I'll be firing up the browser every few minutes, to look at this picture.

That is a saucy looking pony.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5843 on: November 10, 2009, 04:31:42 am »

wait, Harris Teeter is all the way up to DC??

I am pretty sure, if I remember correctly, that the place where my neighborhood is stands used to be a small forest owned by one of the families that started that supermarket chain.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5845 on: November 10, 2009, 05:07:59 am »

rowboat i hope you don't think less of me ;_;

i'll probably watch mad men once it ends, three episodes a day for weeks, straight through. if i can make it through the first night i'll watch the whole thing.

it's how i watched the wire, which was awesome.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5846 on: November 10, 2009, 05:10:30 am »

rowboat i hope you don't think less of me ;_;

i'll probably watch mad men once it ends, three episodes a day for weeks, straight through. if i can make it through the first night i'll watch the whole thing.

it's how i watched the wire, which was awesome.
Thats what I did with the sopranos. So glad I wasn't waiting years to finish cliff hanger season finales. Also a great way to bond with new roommates.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5847 on: November 10, 2009, 05:14:59 am »

Yeah, my roommate and I watched the first 2 seasons of Mad Men in marathon sessions.

And then we got behind on the third season, and had this day were we were watching them as fast as we could to catch up before the new one came on...
it turned into a thing where we had 3 minutes left of the last episode before the newest one, and we paused it, and turned on the TV to find out we'd missed the first showing and were just in time for the "encore presentation," except we saw the last minute of the episode, then the opening credits, then the first segment of the episode, then we turned the volume down during the ads to watch the last bit of the previous episode on the computer...

rad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5848 on: November 10, 2009, 05:23:45 am »

oh hey does anybody remember when amc only showed old movies without commercials and george clooney's dad introduced them
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5849 on: November 10, 2009, 06:21:18 am »

This catching up with old episodes on the internet and netflix or whatever is a not as easy as it seems.  I've been watching Xena episodes and it's taken me like all damn year to get through it.

Are you supposed to watch while you are doing something else?  I just don't have enough time to devote to that much television watching.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 878   Go Up