Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348040 times)

0 Members and 191 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6150 on: November 28, 2009, 07:05:09 am »

...commiserate with a friend from knucklehead times. His GF just said no to the big question. I really thought those crazy kids had a chance at some happiness. Sorry for any typos; I'm having drunkenly typing on a tiny phone keyboard.

Holy shit, dude. It is good of you to be there for him. That is truly shitty.

Get a goddamn haircut and probably have a shave as well

When I first joined this board I was 15 and hadn't even HEARD of beards. How times change in the most horrific of fashions

JUUUUUUUUUUUUDYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! omg. Is it truly you?
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6151 on: November 28, 2009, 04:07:52 pm »

Holy shit, dude. It is good of you to be there for him. That is truly shitty.

JUUUUUUUUUUUUDYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! omg. Is it truly you?

YES! Hi Linnea!

Today I am going to tidy my room in anticipation of a friend coming up to stay. This is a massive, massive undertaking.

We should have won in football today. ARGHHHHHHHH. Lost 1-3 should have won 4-1!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6152 on: November 29, 2009, 12:28:46 am »

I went to a holiday craft fair and bought some incredible homemade fleur de sel (sea salt) caramels. Oh god. I am trying to prevent myself from having any more. They are insaaaanely delicious. Later, I will go to the liquor store and then go to a friend's party. It will be a good night, I think.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6153 on: November 29, 2009, 05:07:12 am »

We rode bikes to my wife's ex-in-laws (long story), then rode back and made a vegan pot pie (very good, but a little salty). Then we clipped the dog's nails--or at least the nails on 3/4 feet.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6154 on: November 29, 2009, 06:58:03 am »

find out about how brilliant stealing music through rapidshare/ google is.  Hello Ciccone Youth, the Dixie Narco EP, Metal Machine Music and the "new" Sleepy Jackson.  I'll still be buying Student Film and Spindrift through itunes or amazon.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6155 on: November 29, 2009, 07:03:02 pm »

Friday I went to the Natural History museum and found that that holy fuck everybody goes there the day after Thanksgiving. It was difficult to move. Damn, people.

Yesterday I had a date, and today a potluck. Tomorrow: another first date (no chicken, though)
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6156 on: November 29, 2009, 07:26:27 pm »

find out about how brilliant stealing music through rapidshare/ google is.

care to share?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6157 on: November 30, 2009, 03:34:36 am »

... finally finish a month-long home renovation project.  Due to the hurricane we got last fall and the huge ice storm we had last winter, we had some roof damage.  Our insurance company bought us a new roof and fixed our kitchen ceiling! (Hooray for Liberty Mutual!).  I stained the new kitchen ceiling myself (shudder) and painted the entire rest of the kitchen (walls, trim, doors and so on).  I've been working at least 12 hours a day on this since Wednesday.  Finished up late last night, just in time to start cooking our family Thanksgiving dinner, which we had today because Mrs. West had to work on Thursday.  Grilled a nicely brined turkey which came out great.

I'm just about ready to get back to work so I can get some rest.

Pictures are here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6158 on: November 30, 2009, 04:06:08 am »

Well done!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6159 on: November 30, 2009, 04:09:10 am »

Wow, AW, that sounds like A Thing. Glad it's all done with.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6160 on: November 30, 2009, 04:10:37 am »

nice job on the stain! but why ditch the skylights instead of replacing them?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6161 on: November 30, 2009, 04:12:56 am »

 Yeah, sorry you had to deal with all that, but you did some great work there.


nice job on the stain! but why ditch the skylights instead of replacing them?
Skylights have done him wrong
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6162 on: November 30, 2009, 04:39:11 am »


Skylights have done him wrong


That's pretty much it.  Also, the pitch of the roof where they were is pretty shallow, so that makes it even more inevitable that they'll leak.  And we have have four great big windows right there, so there's plenty of light already.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6163 on: November 30, 2009, 06:24:53 am »

care to share?

just type in what you want plus rapidshare into google.

here are some examples:

http://www.google.com/search?q=neil+young+on+the+beach+rapidshare&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=R7z&q=bob+dylan+pecos+blues+rapidshare&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

http://www.google.com/search?q=spacemen+3+forged+rapidshare&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

click on the first link on the first one, the second on the second, and the seventh on the thrid.  look around til you find the link/ address to copy paste then copy paste it.  On the third one it is in the comments.  Megaupload is a better site if you can find links to there, so you could search for that instead of rapidshare.  I always just search rapid share as that seems to make the most come up and you still get the mega upload option sometime.

Also, the first and third links are to amazing albums, everyone should get them.  The second is to a Bob Dylan outtake CD from Pat Garrett and Billy the Kidd I have heard two songs from and am looking forward to, so maybe download it.



Oh My God.  If I was 16 and would have found this I would have had a heart attack.  So much dylan, so simple to get:  http://ondal.blogspot.com/2008/02/bob-dylan-dump-mediafiremegaupload.html 

sorry to make this all about this.  really excited + know multiple people here like this type of info.  I am not even downloading anything from this last link, just, holy shit that is amazing.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 01:14:08 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6164 on: November 30, 2009, 04:21:38 pm »

...deal with the ongoing fallout of having my Facebook and Gmail accounts hacked this weekend, with the requisite "help, I got mugged in London, send money!" email sent out to everyone I've ever known.   Note to friends: "Hey, how was your trip to London?" isn't funny.  I'm going to spend the next 6 months waking up with hate shakes because I'm worried about the hackers finding the one (there was only one) email that had my SSN in it.  Fuck off.  Besides, why the hell would I go to Jolly Old England during America's holiday of gastronomic excess?

They also set up a dummy email account on Opera Mail, but that account has already been shut down.  I was really looking forward to opening a Yahoo! Personals ad for them, with the headline "Small Dick, Big Heart".
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 878   Go Up