Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345652 times)

0 Members and 209 Guests are viewing this topic.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6405 on: December 18, 2009, 03:45:00 am »

No matter how shirtless you get, you cannot get more shirtless than Glenn Danzig. He is shirtless even when he's wearing a shirt.

And he has an interesting grocery shopping list.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f5Hqy9lMiU
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6406 on: December 18, 2009, 07:01:04 am »

Looks to me like Glenn's gotten some work done on his face.  Ahh, vanity.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6407 on: December 18, 2009, 04:21:41 pm »

Behind me Satan, it's done and done. I was supposed to say "I wrote this for you, hope you like it" and glide off cool as all hell, but all I heard coming out of my mouth was "Here here mumblfghh rurr rurr plffff". I had to have some liquid courage in me, so that might have had something to do with it. Shit. It was beautiful in my mind, and I made a mess of it. Anyway. It's out of my system. If there are any interesting results (which I doubt), I'll let you people know. Shit. Fuck.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6408 on: December 18, 2009, 04:26:57 pm »

Good luck.  FWIW, it's romantic as hell.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6409 on: December 18, 2009, 05:08:18 pm »

Deja has testicular fortitude.

It will take him far and make life interesting.

QFT.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6410 on: December 18, 2009, 05:36:07 pm »

I had to have some liquid courage in me, so that might have had something to do with it.

First off, good work.  Secondly, you all can drink on the job in Brazil?  Wow. 

That reminds me, the coolest work regulation I've ever heard of:  in Denmark, it's apparently a law that workers must have access to sunlight at least 2 hours per work day.  Therefore, if a person normally works in a basement or other windowless area, they need to have two hours during their day that they don't. 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6411 on: December 18, 2009, 05:43:45 pm »

First off, good work.  Secondly, you all can drink on the job in Brazil?  Wow. 

Hahah, well, no, we can't. This is certainly something I won't be doing often (although a glass of wine for lunch is only perfectly acceptable and I will fight any boss that says otherwise - perhaps even physically, depending on how many glasses I have in me ^^)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6412 on: December 18, 2009, 06:44:57 pm »

Our office holiday potluck was today.  I scored a bottle of Kaluha in the gift exchange.  w00t
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6414 on: December 18, 2009, 10:19:46 pm »

...spend the whole afternoon trying not to fall asleep at my desk due to the combined effects of a slow work week and my wife's amazing cheesecake with carmelized orange sauce.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6415 on: December 19, 2009, 12:50:42 am »

Deja has testicular fortitude.

It will take him far and make life interesting.

Yeah, really. I can't imagine doing this, ever. Props, dude.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6416 on: December 19, 2009, 01:24:32 am »

Poetry iis made for stuff like this .  If youerve never dopne it nefiore, thne best time to stary writing powtry is with new love.  Or old love.  I think I'll write my lade a peom on the balckberry on my weay home tonigyht,.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6417 on: December 19, 2009, 01:26:50 am »

Poetry iis made for stuff like this .  If youerve never dopne it nefiore, thne best time to stary writing powtry is with new love.  Or old love.  I think I'll write my lade a peom on the balckberry on my weay home tonigyht,.

If you type it up like that, you may end up with unintended negative consequences.  Or are you just drunk? 

Ah, answered in a different thread.  Party on, Wayne!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 01:32:57 am by bluemoon72 »
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6418 on: December 19, 2009, 03:40:22 am »

...prepare to celebrate an early Christmas with my kids before we leave for Orlando to spend the 25th with Mickey & Co.

It is so odd to be responsible for deciding how a child experiences Christmas. Pedro and I are trying to blend our family's traditions and create our own, and it's fun and wonderful and yet an extremely weighty responsibility. It's one of those many times in a parent's life where you suddenly look at your partner and realize: If we don't do this, nobody else will. And then you make up your mind to move heaven and earth if necessary to make sure your kids have the best Christmas ever.

Mmmm, holidays.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6419 on: December 19, 2009, 05:27:58 am »

drive 11 hours, which is way more than it should have taken to get from Nashville to Charlotte. Thank you, huge snowstorm which re-routed me through Atlanta.
secondary thanks to: Atlanta traffic.

thoughts:
-people in Georgia apparently don't know the word "litter." The signs say "$1200 fine for throwing trash on road."
-when people honk at me when I am taking a little while trying to make a left turn, my main impulse is to put my car in reverse and gun it.


Upon arriving home, I had a large package from my girlfriend with my christmas present. I am an asshole and looked at where it was from, and accidentally discovered what it is.
Um, suffice it to say that I do not deserve her, and nothing I get her could ever be as good as what she got me.
I need to discover something she has wanted for years and years but never gotten, that I know she would never get herself. Hm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 878   Go Up