Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348576 times)

0 Members and 214 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6420 on: December 19, 2009, 05:38:10 am »

atlanta traffic <3s you too inev (people here can't drive, much less in the rain)

for her: beatles rock band + rickenbocker bass
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6421 on: December 19, 2009, 05:42:13 am »

wait, what if I actually got her a bass guitar.

that would be too much, right.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6422 on: December 19, 2009, 06:08:02 am »

Only if she doesn't play
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6423 on: December 19, 2009, 06:08:41 am »

Danzig
Pennywise
TSOL
Suicidal Tendencies

i would be excited about the top and bottom bands on that list.

have fun and try not to beat up any minors.

Looks to me like Glenn's gotten some work done on his face.  Ahh, vanity.

no, his forehead has always been that ginormous.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6424 on: December 19, 2009, 07:10:52 am »

would she play the bass guitar with you or with other people

would she play rock band with you or with other people
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6425 on: December 19, 2009, 07:19:48 am »

well, she already plays bass guitar a lot with her ex-boyfriend, because he has a bass.

this idea is sounding better and better.

if i gave her rock band she would break up with me. and maybe give a reason that would make me mad. She is into much more out-there music than I am. she is very good about not acting like she thinks I like boring music.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6426 on: December 19, 2009, 04:10:07 pm »

Inev, if you are serious about buying her a bass, PM me.  I have taken up bass in the last few months and have rented a couple of different cheap basses and tried a whole bunch of others.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6427 on: December 19, 2009, 07:08:20 pm »

get up at 930, drop off my netflix at the P-O, then come home to shovel the first half of 6-8 inches of snow.  im putting off going back out there, actually.  my brother would do it, but he pulled a gut muscle last night at his wrestling match(even though he pinned the guy).
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6428 on: December 19, 2009, 07:10:04 pm »

I've played bass for many many years, one thing I would say is only get it she's going to be playing with other people regularly.

Playing bass on my own only really got rewarding when became technically proficient enough to play slap and other forms of bass which are more fun to play.

I LOVE playing with a band on bass but I find it kind of dull playing by yourself. Half the enjoyment is the feeling of anchoring everything together and clicking with the drummer if there is one, great feeling. Can't do that with a CD. I haven't been in a band for a while and my beautiful Jazz bass is actually gathering dust, which is depressing. It (gently) weeps whilst I play lead/acoustic.

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6429 on: December 19, 2009, 07:19:09 pm »

bass is the sexiest instrument ever and ever since i discovered rock and/or roll, i have felt this way.  only, since i discovered psychobilly, i have been curious about/interested in full/double/whatever in hell you call it bass and the mechanics of playing that.



wait..... does double bass refer to a drumkit only?  i dont know...... i need to learn music, badly.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6430 on: December 19, 2009, 07:28:15 pm »

bass is the sexiest instrument ever and ever since i discovered rock and/or roll, i have felt this way.  only, since i discovered psychobilly, i have been curious about/interested in full/double/whatever in hell you call it bass and the mechanics of playing that.



wait..... does double bass refer to a drumkit only?  i dont know...... i need to learn music, badly.

A double bass is the upstanding cello-like instrument that you can play with a bow or your fingers. I think that is what you meant. I'm not even sure what a double bass is on a drum.

Agreed, it is a very sexy instrument. A bass is the perfect man: despite being the coolest, tallest, best looking bloke around he doesn't show off or impose himself on everyone, just sits back relaxed and lets his smaller, louder mates enjoy themselves. This of course makes him extremely noticeable, and if you properly tune in to him he will sway you his easy power, promising to make you move in ways you have never done so before.

Crikey.

Excuse me.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6431 on: December 19, 2009, 07:56:55 pm »

A double bass is the upstanding cello-like instrument that you can play with a bow or your fingers. I think that is what you meant. I'm not even sure what a double bass is on a drum.

Agreed, it is a very sexy instrument. A bass is the perfect man: despite being the coolest, tallest, best looking bloke around he doesn't show off or impose himself on everyone, just sits back relaxed and lets his smaller, louder mates enjoy themselves. This of course makes him extremely noticeable, and if you properly tune in to him he will sway you his easy power, promising to make you move in ways you have never done so before.

Crikey.

Excuse me.

That was hot.  I am a career bass player myself.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6432 on: December 19, 2009, 08:09:06 pm »

Dang, people, I play bass too.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6433 on: December 19, 2009, 08:11:47 pm »

I'm not even sure what a double bass is on a drum.

a double bass drum kit:



Dang, people, I play bass too.

indeed.  you help keep the sexiness alive.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6434 on: December 20, 2009, 03:27:12 am »

Today I'm gonna see this is a friend's facebook status:

Quote
Gina, Gina, Gina!!! Yay for hanging out with my GINA!!!!

And it's gonna take me several minutes to realize that she's not talking about masturbation.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 878   Go Up