Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349406 times)

0 Members and 164 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6600 on: January 08, 2010, 04:18:38 am »

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, or sound like some privileged straight white dude.  But this whole "post your bra color on Facebook" thing that's going around is the weakest form of slacktivism.  "Raise breast cancer awareness?"  To who, exactly?  Who are you alerting about breast cancer that isn't already aware of it?  Are you raising money for research, or petitioning Congress to put more money into it?  What the HELL people.

(My opinion, YMMV.)

does that mean if i post my underwear color (purple) as my status update, it will help cure testicular cancer?

I had a dream where all of my teeth fell out. boo.

according to dream interpretation sources, that means you feel you have too much 'on your plate', as it were.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6601 on: January 08, 2010, 04:23:39 am »

I thought "no teeth" meant "feeling defenseless" as teeth symbolized the idea of weaponry.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6602 on: January 08, 2010, 04:29:06 am »

I contest the meaning of Dan's dream. I contest the meaning of Dan's dream!

We must raise awareness with an internet meme.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6603 on: January 08, 2010, 04:31:42 am »

Everyone could list three names, as their facebook update, the three people they most wanted to have sex with ten years ago but did not.

This would make people aware of the fact that Dan's dream was misinterpreted, somehow.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6604 on: January 08, 2010, 04:34:58 am »

if we discuss the color of our dumps on facebook, itll help people know about the various gut cancers that are out there.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6605 on: January 08, 2010, 04:39:03 am »

if we discuss the color of our dumps on facebook, itll help people know about the various gut cancers that are out there.

Hmmm...mine are only either brown (97.2%) or green (eating spinach too often).
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6606 on: January 08, 2010, 04:48:07 am »

Quote from: Facebook
Boobies!

I hate to quote a cartoon cat in response to such a serious issue as breast cancer, but in this case it's apt: what we need more of is, in fact, science. To put a finer point on it, what we need more of are scientists. A campaign to raise awareness for breast cancer research? Sure, fine, go for it. But where are the campaigns to raise awareness for the need for people to actually conduct that research? "Women, post about your bras"? How about "Girls: Science is cool! Pursue a career in the sciences!" Where's that campaign? Is it not sexy enough?

tl;dr: Toaster has a bug up his ass about the state of the western world.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6607 on: January 08, 2010, 04:51:47 am »

Okay, easy enough, Toaster.

We shall all go on facebook and post the picture of the person from our high school graduating class whom we believe has aged the most gracefully, in terms of wanting-to-bone.

We will do that to raise girls-in-science awareness, somehow.

See! Done and done.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6608 on: January 08, 2010, 06:03:40 am »

We shall all go on facebook and post the picture of the person from our high school graduating class whom we believe has aged the most gracefully, in terms of wanting-to-bone.

I'm only Facebook friends with one lady I knew in High School.  She has aged very gracefully (totally hot), but she's a fundamentalist Christian so she probably doesn't believe in science at all.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6609 on: January 08, 2010, 06:15:04 am »

I'm only Facebook friends with one lady I knew in High School.  She has aged very gracefully (totally hot), but she's a fundamentalist Christian so she probably doesn't believe in science at all.

Does she believe in Doin' It?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6610 on: January 08, 2010, 07:38:32 am »

Does she believe in Doin' It?

Not with me, I never fucked her.  She was gf to my best friend in those days.  However, one of her Facebook friends is a woman I did have a teenaged relationship with. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6611 on: January 08, 2010, 09:09:25 am »

I didn't go to highschool with any girls so that could be awkward for me.

You guys talking about this meme though has officially made my day all about breasts and genitals. Odd day.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6612 on: January 08, 2010, 03:24:02 pm »

Pretty much a basic day for me.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6613 on: January 08, 2010, 07:54:56 pm »

But where are the campaigns to raise awareness for the need for people to actually conduct that research? "Women, post about your bras"? How about "Girls: Science is cool! Pursue a career in the sciences!" Where's that campaign? Is it not sexy enough?

Boys: major in science, and ladies will remove their shirts for you.


Here is what I wonder: Is anyone actually unaware of breast cancer? Is anyone unsure whether it is a good thing or a bad thing?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6614 on: January 08, 2010, 08:10:53 pm »

Here is what I wonder: Is anyone actually unaware of breast cancer? Is anyone unsure whether it is a good thing or a bad thing?

i think that they think that the average person doesnt know how plentiful and common breast cancer is.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 878   Go Up