Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343627 times)

0 Members and 168 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8070 on: August 26, 2010, 01:55:48 pm »

That's both rough and sweet, ain't it? First boy went back for the twelfth time today and it seems like yesterday I was (mis)giving him off to Mrs. FitzPatrick.

The youngest starts next year. That'll be a thing.

My youngest just started her senior year last week.

/snuff
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8071 on: August 26, 2010, 03:09:22 pm »

That's both rough and sweet, ain't it? First boy went back for the twelfth time today and it seems like yesterday I was (mis)giving him off to Mrs. FitzPatrick.

The youngest starts next year. That'll be a thing.

It's more sweet than rough, honestly, given his particular particulars.

As we waved to the school van as it disappeared over the horizon, I turned to Pedro and said, "I'm just so damn proud of that kid."

After that, I was just happy to have the house to myself for a bit before I went and got the girlface from granny's.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8072 on: August 26, 2010, 03:16:09 pm »

Yesterday morning I awoke to a broken toilet (the float wasn't shutting the water off). My first thought was "well, I'd better call maintenance right away... Shit. I am maintenance." My dad actually came to help which was good since it turned out there were other issues, but it works now.

I still hate my toilet, though. I do not recommend circa 1993 lo-flow toilets to anybody. Just FYI if you're in the market.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8073 on: August 26, 2010, 03:25:56 pm »

I still hate my toilet, though. I do not recommend circa 1993 lo-flow toilets to anybody. Just FYI if you're in the market.

we have something similar in one of our bathrooms and yeah it is a shitty toilet.



today i am going to continue this wood crafting project thing that involves power tools so old that the dude who discovered fire would go "huh" at them.

seriously, this jig saw is so old
it has no handle.  (this is not a fabrication.  why is there no handle?O
it cuts slower than dripping molasses.
it had sex with your mom's mom.

it's an old jig saw.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8074 on: August 27, 2010, 12:08:38 am »

Forget I have to register my son for his Freshman Year of High School.

(It was easier to send him to Kindergarden)
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8075 on: August 27, 2010, 12:19:02 am »

my moms youngest graduated from high school this past summer.  he wasnt able to get into any schools for the fall, but hes going to work and save and try for the spring or summer.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8076 on: August 27, 2010, 12:30:28 am »

Taking a class or a few at the community college is cheap and very effective at demonstrating college level proficiency and will even help save money later in college if one takes a class everyone has to take in college, like stats or bio 101. But whatever works for him.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8077 on: August 27, 2010, 02:30:27 am »

night manager at a Naugles

Did you:

-- Prepare food fresh?
-- Serve Customers Fast?
-- Keep Place Clean?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8078 on: August 27, 2010, 02:56:25 am »

Taking a class or a few at the community college is cheap and very effective at demonstrating college level proficiency and will even help save money later in college if one takes a class everyone has to take in college, like stats or bio 101. But whatever works for him.

This. In our area, there is actually a program that allows you to do a 2-year program at the community college and get a certificate that lets you transfer to any state-funded university for full credit. It's pretty awesome; tell him to check his local school(s) to see if they have anything similar.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8079 on: August 27, 2010, 07:16:11 am »

Dear new boss: I know our clients are screwing us around and there isn't much work at current but when you send me an e-mail saying I don't have a shift this weekend putting four exclamation marks at the end of your 'sorry' does not communicate to me how sincere you are, it communicates to me that I should hate you.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8080 on: August 28, 2010, 08:02:22 am »

I really wish someone would go postal at work and kill as many managers as possible.  This is not hyperbole, I actually wish for this to happen.  Those of you who know me might think it's because I'm crazy, but I'm not actually that crazy.  I used to value human life without exception, and I am against the death penalty, but I would certainly feel satisfied and feel no sense of loss or surprise or shock or anything if someone came into work and started just shooting managers.  In fact, I would just keep working while the bullets were flying.  So long as the shooter didn't seem to be going for workers, and just managers, I wouldn't worry about it.  I'm clock out at the end of the day, and come back the next day as if nothing had happened, except for how giddy I'd feel.

The company I work for is like BP.  They twist and contort reality and language.  It's really kind of annoying.  So annoying that you want them all to die.  Oh well.  I'll be quitting eventually.  within a year.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8081 on: August 28, 2010, 01:40:18 pm »

so, upon moving into this new place, we realize that one bedroom is only slightly larger than a bed.

oops.

I know I am supposed to pee into toilets and not replace them, but we are going TOOL TIME on this bitch and turning the dining room into a bedroom by adding bifold doors.

the tiny bedroom will become... something. An "office?" guitar/amp room?

other than this construction, I am so pumped about this apartment. I have today off to finish moving in, and monday and tuesday off to set everything up, buy a couch, etc.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8082 on: August 28, 2010, 03:13:52 pm »

hate her guts?  say it with dirty rotten flowers.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8083 on: August 28, 2010, 06:47:09 pm »

so, upon moving into this new place, we realize that one bedroom is only slightly larger than a bed.

oops.

Maybe you could find one of these here.  Damn.  None listed right now.

kapuseru hoteru
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8084 on: August 28, 2010, 07:04:10 pm »

Ive seen those capsule hotel things before, but I didn't know until now that they are frequented by drunk people who dont want to deal with their wives. America should get on board with this chamber scheme. Maybe even a model with a time-lock.... So that guys will have a place to put their wives when they come home.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 878   Go Up