Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346119 times)

0 Members and 171 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8385 on: October 22, 2010, 12:59:29 pm »

Also, you'd think the really right-wing tea party types wouldn't want to run for the water board, but there it is.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8386 on: October 22, 2010, 01:33:46 pm »

Also, you'd think the really right-wing tea party types wouldn't want to run for the water board, but there it is.

She's like the boss on Parks & Rec. She wants to head the department specifically to ensure that it does nothing.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8387 on: October 22, 2010, 02:20:13 pm »

"Stephanie fuck*ng MacDonald"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8388 on: October 22, 2010, 04:58:14 pm »

That pumpkin is so meta, my head is about to explode.

Today I'm gonna wonder why when I am looking for entertainment on the internet, the board is dead, and when I come home and absolutely need to write a half a chapter this afternoon, there are eleventyhundred new posts. How do you all know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8389 on: October 22, 2010, 05:34:15 pm »

Get subpoenaed to go testify on the location of a cellphone when it made a call.

Get instructed that there's no way I can tell the exact or even general location of a cell phone, and that I'd probably best not say anything to that effect under oath.

Daaaaaaang it.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8390 on: October 22, 2010, 06:41:39 pm »

Carve Ray into a pumpkin
Nice execution!  Its one thing to have the idea, its another to pull it off.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8391 on: October 23, 2010, 12:45:18 am »

Get instructed that there's no way I can tell the exact or even general location of a cell phone, and that I'd probably best not say anything to that effect under oath.
As in you can't for technical reasons or legal reasons? Because I thought a subpoena overrode the latter. Also, holy hell, I've finally found a word where you dang yanks use extraneous vowels like the rest of us.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8392 on: October 23, 2010, 03:23:46 am »

Today (ok, yesterday) I found out that my lunatic ex-dental hygienist, the one who constantly played ultra-right wing hate radio in the room whilst cleaning my teeth, is running for office. The water board, I think. She is a huge Palin fan.

Wait, so is she for or against fluoridation? Oh man, this is going to keep me up all night.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8393 on: October 23, 2010, 08:24:12 am »

As in you can't for technical reasons or legal reasons? Because I thought a subpoena overrode the latter. Also, holy hell, I've finally found a word where you dang yanks use extraneous vowels like the rest of us.

Well, I can offer conjecture and say that I could guess a general location, but in a legal sense, I don't have any business saying I know exactly where it was at any given time. 
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8394 on: October 23, 2010, 11:33:17 pm »

So meta!

But those pics probably should have gone in the Halloween thread.

D'oh! That's what I get for not looking harder.

her idea was cleverer than yours.

Well to be honest neither of can take credit for the idea.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8395 on: October 25, 2010, 09:37:38 pm »



yummy purple drank
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8396 on: October 28, 2010, 02:12:36 am »

Learn of the death of Myspace as a social network.

*pours 40oz OE on laptop in remembrance*

Oh shit, FUCK!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8397 on: October 28, 2010, 02:23:03 am »

I've got a friend who was, like, insanely ideological in her loyalty to Myspace over facebook and who enjoyed the culture of semi-anonymous flirtation and the "earthiness" of how the subculture of myspace was skewing urban and minority as white suburban college types ran to the lack of glitter and the lack of shitty rap acts trying to promote themselves in droves.

The idea of sticking with myspace as a working-class statement of ideology... I never got my head around that one.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8398 on: October 28, 2010, 06:08:39 am »

(this post brought to you by a 1998 Compaq PIII/600 box that will serve all the .edu games for the youngest)

shavers first 'puter.  its a beautiful thang.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8399 on: October 28, 2010, 01:22:10 pm »

My kids just bogart our updated '03 Alienware rig. "Sesame Street Music Maker" just screams on this baby.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 878   Go Up