Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349072 times)

0 Members and 199 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8850 on: December 31, 2010, 02:23:56 am »

"my local"
Like my locale?

It means "bar at which I'm a regular" implying that it's both small and stumbling distance.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8851 on: December 31, 2010, 02:35:03 am »

My company says they give us 8 holidays but that's only because they count the day after Thanksgiving separately.

Man, in my department you have to murder someone to get the day after Thanksgiving off, so you don't get to complain about that. But I did get it off this year and I think I'm well positioned to get it off next year, if I'm still around.

Normally we get 9 holidays, the market holidays, but the market isn't observing New Year's next week. But it's OK, because we'll get two floating holidays next year instead of just one. We have a decent vacation package as well.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8852 on: December 31, 2010, 03:19:18 am »

when i used to work for the state of georgia, we had 14 paid holidays every year, one of which was confederate memorial day, and none of which was martin luther king jr day. mlk, you'll recall, was reverend of a giant church here in atlanta, a mile from the state capitol by car.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8853 on: December 31, 2010, 03:25:45 am »

My office closes at noon the day before each of our holidays except MLK (technically Lee-Jackson-King Day) which was only added about 2 years ago.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8854 on: December 31, 2010, 03:58:35 am »

Man, in my department you have to murder someone to get the day after Thanksgiving off, so you don't get to complain about that. But I did get it off this year and I think I'm well positioned to get it off next year, if I'm still around.
So you've picked out your next victim, but worry that they might get you first?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8855 on: December 31, 2010, 04:20:08 am »

Quote from: CortJstr
(technically Lee-Jackson-King Day)

Ah, democracy, that ancient artform wherein everyone comes together that they might compromise to a point where everyone is equally displeased.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8856 on: December 31, 2010, 08:01:33 am »

So you've picked out your next victim, but worry that they might get you first?

Heh, exactly.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8857 on: January 01, 2011, 06:23:27 am »

Happy birthday.

Everyone at this show with me is puking. It is rare that I  not the most drunk person. Why am I relatively soper? I do not know.

Everyone is making our and puking.

iPhone autocorrect is my friend
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8858 on: January 01, 2011, 06:38:16 am »

"soper"?

Is this a sideways reference to your typing like Bizarro, the flawed "Super"-man?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8859 on: January 01, 2011, 08:26:42 am »

MAN. not fun.

everyone got so drunk. the girls walked home alone through a creepy neighborhood. I sprinted after them and walked them the final 2 blocks and put them to bed. one was puking everywhere. Then I got my car and drove it to the bar to pick up my two guy friends. One had disappeared, one was still puking. Drove that one home and put him to bed, then drove around looking for the disappeared friend (did the most obvious streets to walk on between his house and the bar) and didn't see him.

he lives in a neighborhood where it's really hip...
to be killed by a barrage of gunfire while wearing really weird glasses.

I'm sure he is fine, though? I drove back and forth several times and did not see him.

meanwhile, my girlfriend gets wasted with her ex and won't answer my calls. WELL.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8860 on: January 01, 2011, 08:36:14 am »

Quote from: theinevitable
meanwhile, my girlfriend gets wasted with her ex and won't answer my calls. WELL.

Isn't that the one cock you are most contractually obligated to block?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8861 on: January 01, 2011, 05:38:00 pm »

My wife went to a hockey game with her brother and his wife and the whole gang. I suggested she call me if she got in early enough, but maybe just send a text if it was late. Just after midnight my time she called, pretty seriously buzzed, to tell me she was walking home and wasn't sure, might have passed the train station. She then had to get off the phone so she could check the internets and figure out where she was. I asked her to call me when she got home (given she was drunk and walking and maybe a bit disoriented). She texted me when she got home. Sigh.

Edit: she did not go to a hockey gang, although fights probably did break out. She didn't say much about the actual game.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:05:24 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8862 on: January 02, 2011, 04:07:12 pm »

Today we are going to transition from the horribly frigid weather to a phase 3 blow, meaning no one can go anywhere. If it gets Captain Way-fucked, I'll try to get some more video. It's pretty fuck*ng nasty out there already. If I spot Kurt Russel, I'm going to my room and locking the shit out of the door, not that it'll help.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8863 on: January 04, 2011, 04:06:51 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8864 on: January 04, 2011, 04:12:09 am »

That was amusing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 878   Go Up