Sounds like an inner ear infection Smick. You'll need to see a doctor to get diagnosed for sure though. I had one once and the vertigo was terrible. Felt like the whole world had gone wonky - I remember the floor flyind up at me when I looked down, which reminded me of that scene in Fear and Loathing at Circus Circus.
When I had an inner ear infection, which was primarily severe vertigo and some nausea, I was told by the doctor that it would typically clear up on it's own over 3 weeks or so. I wasn't able to wait 3 weeks so he also perscribed some meds that he warned me might not work at all and may
cause nausea. I didn't end up taking the meds because I found a better way of dealing with the situation.
At the time of my ear infection I was working with children and several coworkers had inner ear infections too. One of them shared some exercises with me from the Mayo Clinic website that had cleared up her vertigo within a week of diagnosis of the inner ear infection and starting treatment. The version she shared was a print out, and I can't find the exact exercises anywhere on line now, but they're similar to the
these brandt-daroff exercises explained here, however there was a component where I held a
massage bug over my ear while doing these exercises (they mayo clinic suggested using a piece of equipment that vibrated and strapped to the head, and since I didn't have that, I improvised) and the some instructions encouraged using a heating pad on each ear as well for 5-10 three times a day. For me, my vertigo cleared up within a week. I was never sure if I just happened to heal or if the exercises really helped, but considering how bad the vertigo was and how simple the exercises were, it was well worth it to try.