Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348651 times)

0 Members and 216 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8955 on: January 13, 2011, 03:00:51 am »

I don't know much about the kind of woodworking that would be required, I don't think. Besides, it's like $25 for the kit (which includes some roving to get you started). It's probably not worth the time it would take to do it myself.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8956 on: January 13, 2011, 03:47:27 am »

...shave my face pubes off.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8957 on: January 13, 2011, 04:09:55 am »

jayelle, I spoke with my lady and she says she'll make you one in the coming weeks gratis.

She'll even send you some good beginning fibre to start...

It might take us some time because we're moving but PM me your deets and we'll get one to you eventually.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8958 on: January 13, 2011, 04:15:22 am »

yay internet!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8959 on: January 13, 2011, 05:24:22 am »

Today I'm going to spend all day filing, cleaning the office, catching up on the budget, and the like. Not that I wasn't on top of the budget, but more granular stuff that I haven't done in four months. I'm glad that's over with.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8960 on: January 14, 2011, 12:43:35 am »

Today I changed my headlight. It took me two attempts. The first time I gave up when the housing wouldn't move. I googled the problem and found out on the driver's side there's a 3rd bolt about 14" down that the manual doesn't mention and you can barely see. Changed the bulb, reassembled everything and noticed I'd left the cap off. Took it apart again, capped, and reassembled again to produce light.

Then while driving home I realized my new light is wonderful for illuminating treetops but pretty shitty at making the road visible. I just tried lowering it but it was hard to tell if I was having any effect since the screwdriver didn't feel like it was biting on anything when I put it in the adjustment hole. Tomorrow night I'll see if I can find a brick wall or something to park in front of so I can tell if I'm actually moving the light or not.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8961 on: January 14, 2011, 02:46:10 am »

I like the idea of driving around looking for "a brick wall or something."

So, apparently feeling nauseous for the past week was not entirely emotional. Randomly puked in a parking garage. Maybe all the beer, vodka, and greasy food had something to do with it.

I think I finally realized that I don't like vodka.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8962 on: January 14, 2011, 04:54:58 am »

Ash, I want you to be my boss at that corporation.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8963 on: January 14, 2011, 02:53:42 pm »

...freeze my tits off. jesus OKAY we GET it mother nature you're AWESOME in the original sense, now please take winter back north where it belongs
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8964 on: January 15, 2011, 03:34:45 pm »

Yesterday I found out exactly how much sickness it takes to make me give up on life and stay in bed for eighteen hours straight.

Answer: Start with a lingering sinus infection that leads into a debilitating sinus headache that lasts 2 days. That won't knock me out, but it'll get me fatigued so I can't fight back. Then, just as the headache starts to clear up, segue into nausea and start the menstrual cramps. A few hours later, start the horrible diarrhea and I'll be down for the count.

I spent twice as much time in bed as out of it yesterday, and not in a good way.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8965 on: January 15, 2011, 09:43:01 pm »

Today: flood warnings. Also, picked up a copy of FO3: New Vegas.

Tonight: going to a reading by Janet Hardy. Pretty excited about it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8966 on: January 17, 2011, 03:51:24 am »

Today, I'm going to contemplate exploring Williamsburg Brooklyn tomorrow.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8967 on: January 17, 2011, 04:05:42 am »

Oh shit! Somebody's gonna do some fightin'!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8968 on: January 17, 2011, 06:39:07 am »

develop unfounded crush on the first cute girl with glasses I meet, only to find out she has a boyfriend. and is 19. SUCCESS. (the boy is back in town.)

one of my coworkers said that I give off a really strong 'I don't give a single shit" vibe lately. I would worry about this, but this coincides with customers being a lot less actively rude to me. Maybe there is something to be said about doing this job like a *****.

Also my coworker got fired for trying to get me to do something that would get me fired. I am also pretty sure that at one point she stole my sweater, and then brought it back when she found out it was mine.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:59:34 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8969 on: January 17, 2011, 02:33:13 pm »

wake up with the pissed-off already in me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 878   Go Up