BTW, if any dudes want some cheap threads,
Land's End Canvas is having a big sale. I'm trying to move away from t-shirts in a major way, so I'm probably grabbing a button-down or something.
Just started reading
my old professor's book. It is completely awesome. It's interesting how, since I know him and how he talks/communicates in emails, I notice the weird stilted way anthropologists write a lot more. He is a brilliant dude doing really cool work, and I'm excited to go home and read it tonight. The introduction kind of nailed everything I think about why anthropology is important, and all of the ways it has influenced how I see the world.
Today at the internship there is nothing for me to do. I'm doing searches of "ethnographic" and "anthropology" on jobs websites and mostly getting Human/Computer Interface research. They all want a master's degree, though. I'd never thought that would be the big chance to use my degree... I'll need to look into this. Too bad the jobs are all in horrible, boring places like NYC, San Francisco, and Chicago.