Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345133 times)

0 Members and 172 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12465 on: January 08, 2013, 03:48:25 am »

I bought this shirt that might be my perfect shirt. It makes me feel like the opposite of this. I got lots of compliments the other day on it. Nice. LIVING THE DREAM. Now I just need a few more like it and I can be wearing a perfect shirt every day.

Speaking of which, LFM, you did a live storytelling thing? HOW COULD YOU BE SO PRETENTIOUS. If you really wanted people to hear your story, why didn't you write it online, or record it as an mp3? You actually made people COME SEE YOU? You are so ARROGANT.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12466 on: January 08, 2013, 03:52:10 am »

No dude, he totally did it ironically.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12467 on: January 08, 2013, 04:56:22 am »

I bought this shirt that might be my perfect shirt. It makes me feel like the opposite of this. I got lots of compliments the other day on it. Nice. LIVING THE DREAM. Now I just need a few more like it and I can be wearing a perfect shirt every day.

Speaking of which, LFM, you did a live storytelling thing? HOW COULD YOU BE SO PRETENTIOUS. If you really wanted people to hear your story, why didn't you write it online, or record it as an mp3? You actually made people COME SEE YOU? You are so ARROGANT.

If you seriously do this here, I will lock this thread.

Yes.

Even this one.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12468 on: January 08, 2013, 01:09:25 pm »

If you seriously do this here, I will lock this thread.

Yes.

Even this one.

55 pages til I lock this thread...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12469 on: January 08, 2013, 01:50:11 pm »

He's got 999 problems, and eventually the page may be one.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12470 on: January 08, 2013, 09:18:57 pm »

55 pages til I lock this thread...

MAKE IT 54 PLEASE!
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12471 on: January 09, 2013, 05:07:25 am »

TIG open my birthday present from my mom a whole month early. You can't blame me for it, though -- she sprung it on me & it wasn't wrapped.

It's a Keurig single-serve coffee maker. She got one last month (as a "Christmas present" "from" my dad, which she picked out, purchased, and opened in mid-December) and I guess she noticed that I've been eyeing it jealously because she ordered one for me last week. Today she casually asked, "BTW did you decide what you want for your birthday?" and I said "Well, I'd like a Keurig but they're too expensive." And BAM! There it was. Apparently she and my SIL went in together on it.

Also, Pedro booked us a couple's massage for tomorrow night. We have a sitter but didn't have any specific plans, so he made us an appointment and sprung it on me. I couldn't be more thrilled -- I've been wanting to do this for ages and I can't think of a better time (since my bum shoulder has been acting up all day).

I have a great family, but my birthday's not for another month and I'm afraid it's going to be anticlimactic after all this. So I'ma just go ahead and start telling people I'm 34 so I don't have to worry about the Day when it rolls around.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12472 on: January 09, 2013, 06:31:18 pm »

My wife wanted one after a couple days' visit at her parents who had one too.  I was initially offended by the concept (waste of packaging, being locked into "k-cup" only format, lack of selection in varieties....) and demanded that if we got one we had to get the little dealie that lets you use regular ground coffee through the machine.  Well, 2 years later I still haven't used regular ground coffee in the thing, and I use it at the very least once a day.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12473 on: January 09, 2013, 07:25:02 pm »

I drink tea, so I keep an electric kettle on my desk.  Works great.

Also:

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12474 on: January 09, 2013, 08:03:08 pm »

Logged
[expletive deleted]

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12475 on: January 09, 2013, 08:30:28 pm »

They don't have any of that civet scat coffee though.  Where can you get K-Cups of that?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12476 on: January 09, 2013, 08:54:26 pm »

I drink tea, so I keep an electric kettle on my desk.  Works great.

The Keurig makes tea (hot or iced), as well as chai, lemonade, hot chocolate and hot apple cider. That's what sold me -- between the Keurig and my SodaStream I can make pretty much anything I'd ever want to drink. (The SodaStream was my birthday gift last year, and I use it every day.)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12477 on: January 10, 2013, 12:14:22 am »

You can't have a mini fridge or a microwave? What kind of communist dictatorship are you living in?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12478 on: January 10, 2013, 02:00:24 am »

No restrictions on that sort of thing hereabouts.  They do get a little strict on the heaters sometimes if it's stressing the circuits.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12479 on: January 10, 2013, 05:33:35 am »

Some of my coworkers have space heaters in their offices, so its not a state thing.  Unless its the People's State of Orange County.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 878   Go Up