Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342536 times)

0 Members and 186 Guests are viewing this topic.

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12600 on: February 18, 2013, 02:06:28 pm »

Today I'm gonna put a picture of a pug in the news box.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12601 on: February 18, 2013, 06:16:42 pm »

Today I'm gonna put a picture of a pug in the news box.

Is that what you kids are calling it these days?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12602 on: February 18, 2013, 08:33:35 pm »

They directed me to the union website, and I think I have found something worse than a job application website. Unholy hell. There are a number of different plans listed, even though I am logged in with my union member number/plan number/etc. To figure out which one I have, there is a worksheet to figure out how many hours I have worked.

How can they tell me "it's all on the website" and all of the information on the website hasn't been updated since 2010. We changed insurance providers a year ago!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12603 on: February 18, 2013, 09:13:42 pm »

When I click on "Summary of Benefits" it says "There is no Summary of Benefits available for your plan."

Perhaps you bought into the "Never Pay" plan.
(But maybe you'll get a nude lady out of the deal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2R_DDZPCM)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12604 on: February 18, 2013, 09:25:13 pm »

To be fair: the Aetna website (which I had through my parents' coverage until I became eligible through work this January) is my prettier but not any better at telling me information. "No summary of benefits available at this time."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12605 on: February 18, 2013, 09:36:10 pm »

What happened when you called the customer service number on the back of your insurance card?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12606 on: February 19, 2013, 03:33:20 am »

They said the only thing they can do is physically mail me an explanation of benefits. So that's in the mail.

Today I went to my first Block Captain meeting. It still isn't clear what I am expected to do. The first step, though, is meeting my neighbors and telling them "hey, I'm a dorky white guy who elected himself block captain." That should be fun.

After the meeting I ran into a female friend who is newly single. I think I told you guys about her somewhere... she brought me cookies when the Big Ex and I broke up briefly a few years ago. Hmmm. Curly hair and a big smile gives me all kinds of ideas makes me think she is a nice lady who I will be friends with while I continue to focus on non-romantic aspects of my life.

Update: apparently I am a transparent enough person that I can list "oh yeah, today I went to ____, _____, _____ and ______'s house to drop off that shirt I borrowed" and everyone instantly knows which of those 4 single, beautiful women I am into. Oops.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:53:40 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12607 on: February 19, 2013, 03:15:46 pm »

Today I'm gonna try to find a brain doctor to give me some pills. This whole "learn to cope" strategy is definitely important to keep working on, but is not sufficient.

Depending on precisely what you are struggling with and how severe it is, and also what is prescribed, I strongly encourage you to exhaust every other method before taking pills.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12608 on: February 19, 2013, 07:06:32 pm »

I'm guessing it's Inev wanting to go back on ADD meds, not anything mood-altering.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12609 on: February 19, 2013, 07:26:40 pm »

Euphoria is mood altering no? 

I did a lot of add meds (straight amphetamine) recreationally.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12610 on: February 19, 2013, 07:56:20 pm »

If he wants brain pills he can go to one of any walk-in clinics and start talking about how he needs a refill of riterall or fukidol or whatever. That's what this homeboy does, anyway.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12611 on: February 19, 2013, 08:38:57 pm »

Recreational use is completely bewildering to me. The times I have done more than the recommended amount of that stuff it was... not fun. Wide awake all night and weird emotional meltdown to cap it off.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about taking drugs for this issue. I am trying to remind myself that they are not a magic solution... but they do help me feel a little less paralyzed and overwhelmed. They make me feel more like a person who can do the things I need to do (in terms of organization/motivation/lifestyle changes) to move forwards.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12612 on: February 19, 2013, 08:54:40 pm »

I have a lot of mixed feelings about taking drugs for this issue. I am trying to remind myself that they are not a magic solution... but they do help me feel a little less paralyzed and overwhelmed. They make me feel more like a person who can do the things I need to do (in terms of organization/motivation/lifestyle changes) to move forwards.

I have to take thyroid medicine every day for the rest of my life. Probably in gradually increasing dosages, until I die.

I hate taking it. Even though I know it is a chemical problem with the way my body works, I have a hard time resigning myself to the fact that I require medication to function normally. Plus, I hate the physical process of swallowing a pill. I have to take them first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, and not eat or drink for thirty minutes after. It sucks, and sometimes I skip a pill just because I can't stomach the idea of doing it that day.

I'm sharing this because I know that there is a lot of stigma attached to ADD & especially to drug therapy for it -- but it's just like my thyroid meds, you have a chemical problem that impacts your ability to live your life the way you want to. Own it, and try accept the fact that, for you, for now, this is the way things are.

That's what I keep telling myself, at least. Good luck, inev.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12613 on: February 19, 2013, 09:06:16 pm »

Also trying to remind myself that the years I was on tr drugs, I was still a complete scatterbrained weirdo. I am not going to take a pill once a day and become a little ***** or something.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12614 on: February 19, 2013, 09:11:55 pm »

That seems like a really important point - the pills are just making you a more functional version of you, not someone else entirely. That is the same as medication for the problems we see as physical and therefore don't stigmatize in the same way.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 878   Go Up