Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342724 times)

0 Members and 182 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12705 on: March 07, 2013, 08:38:54 pm »

TIG eat the kind of lunch that makes you happy to be alive.  Salmon burger on fresh baked multi-grain with crispy onions, remoulade, lettuce and ripe tomato and a Cesar salad with homemade dressing.  So damn good.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12706 on: March 07, 2013, 10:44:04 pm »

Today I'm gonna post here for the first time in years.  Actually I did that before I made this post.  So I guess really, today I'm going to have done that.  Today I have done that.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12707 on: March 07, 2013, 10:48:07 pm »

TIG read Whitey Bulger's wikipedia page. Whoah. fuck*ng MOBSTERS 'n' shit.


...now wishing I had side-show's lunch.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12708 on: March 07, 2013, 10:55:37 pm »

...now wishing I had side-show's lunch.
QFT.  Although the braised pork loin and coleslaw wasn't bad.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12709 on: March 08, 2013, 04:05:58 am »

If you guys have more recommendations along those lines (especially the Gram Parsons/Flying Burrito Brothers angle) please send them my way via that other thread.

I know we've discussed it before, but that Neil Young song is SO GOOD. For the longest time I thought it was my little secret. That Bob Dylan recording is amazing. Best version of Like a Rolling Stone I've heard.

This probably isn't new to you, but this song belongs on that mix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAUTfkk2zp0
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12710 on: March 08, 2013, 08:55:22 pm »

It's a live action Achewood at your place.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12711 on: March 08, 2013, 11:38:59 pm »

Nashville is awesome. Every girl has a cute accent and a jean jacket. Mannn.

At the concert the cute girl asked to ride piggyback to see the band better. So. That was a thing.
Her parents are the sweetest ever, and talked to me for an hour over breakfast about the older son's Urban Planning grad school experience. Her dad gave me country music pointers. What a great trip.

Today we cruised the main strip downtown, and walked to Third Man Records. Very cool tiny shop if you like Jack White stuff. Later: Hot Chicken and more rock music and tons of beer. Both my roommates' hostel and the cute lady's parents' house are within a mile walk of the venue. Awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12712 on: March 09, 2013, 04:45:20 pm »

I will admit to having a wishlist at Third Man.

Today: home opener! Wooo! I'm volunteering at the tailgate so I can eat for free. Also, any professional team owner who doesn't attend every home tailgate is a giant pussy and doesn't deserves a team at all.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12713 on: March 09, 2013, 08:14:19 pm »

Put together the portable playpen/bassinet/change table thingy while hubby Lysols the used crib before assembly.  This shit is getting real, yo.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12714 on: March 09, 2013, 08:41:55 pm »

Everywhere I go I am seeing members of cool bands. Jack White and the drummer from the Black Keys were at the show yesterday. Oh man. Nashville is so great. Laid back southern vibe with beautiful people and cool music everywhere.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12715 on: March 09, 2013, 11:46:07 pm »

TIG throw a surprise 65th bday party for my mums. They're going to go to the youngest boys baseball game and when they get back to my house her brothers and sister, her sons and all the grandkids will be there to yell "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" when we walk in.

If'n I luck out it'll give her an infarction and she can go happies.

I was reading along thinking "Isn't he at odds with his family?"  Then I got to the end. Ha ha. Good show my friend.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12716 on: March 11, 2013, 03:01:58 am »

What a fantastic trip. Nashville is really fun, my friends are fun, had a great time all around. None of the bands blew me away, but 3 nights of pretty-good bands was very fun. Sometimes what you need to be happy in life is to jump into a loud pile of people and shove some dudes in denim jackets. A couple of my friends kept hating on Nashville which got pretty old. They kept arguing Nashville is a lot less dense than St Louis, which didn't really hold water to me. We wouldn't have had to drive so much if we hadn't been staying in two different places. The difference is that the northernmost 3rd of St Louis is pretty devoid of "hip" locations, so if you are us you pretty much hang out in the middle third. Which means it seems like "you don't have to travel as far in St Louis." It's really just that most of the cool stuff in St Louis is in a small area.

Lots of pictures upcoming on that Facebook if you guys are friends with me on there. There is one in particular where me and a roommate and the cute girl I stayed with are looking at the sunset from a hilltop that is pretty much the definition of happiness.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12717 on: March 11, 2013, 03:45:40 am »

I'm glad you had a great time.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12718 on: March 11, 2013, 05:44:35 am »

There was this moment where the roommate I have a lot of problems with did this "wingman" thing very successfully and I realized that despite kind of being an asshole, he wants to be a good friend to me. That's always a nice moment.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12719 on: March 11, 2013, 01:56:07 pm »

Damn but I would love to go on such as a road trip.  How was the hot chicken, then?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 878   Go Up