Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341736 times)

0 Members and 211 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12990 on: May 20, 2013, 02:43:11 pm »

Some houses gots to be put to bed. This one has a crumbling foundation so it can't be built-up without stabilization work, and stabilization work is more work than its worth. Personally I'd like to host an episode of "Extreme Home Makeover" or "Hoarders: The Clean Up" where it is just a couple guys dropping dynamite on to a roof.

EDIT: Some salesman convinced us he could save the foundation with carbon fiber ribbing if we got rid of the concrete pads sinking against the foundation. We compromised and agreed we could build two structures for what it would cost to wreck the whole thing and build solo from scratch. weeee....

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:25:20 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12991 on: May 20, 2013, 08:06:17 pm »

I disapprove of your money making schemes but would watch reality tv that you produce.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12992 on: May 21, 2013, 03:11:29 am »

I live in fear of winding up like my in-laws. There are just two of them in the house, and they have an oversized side-by-side PLUS a stand-up freezer in the garage, and their fridge and freezer are still packed so full (and so messily) that I usually have trouble finding a place to stick a couple of juice boxes for my kids when we visit. It's so incredibly disgusting, I'm sure they've got food just rotting away in the back. It's like some kind of mental illness, almost, that's confined to their food storage areas (the pantry is horrid, too). I just can't stand the thought of all the food that must be wasted because they don't even know it's in there.

At a company I used to work for the refrigerator was like this. After about a year I decided to clean it out and it's exactly like you just described. The further back I went the worse it got. It was pretty disgusting.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12993 on: May 21, 2013, 06:43:25 pm »

... try out a new gym. Across town from my old gym, which just opened. I am nervous that this will split my group of climbing friends into partitions, as some adopt the new, taller, closer to my house, cheaper gym, and others stay at that old place that we've closed down so many nights, with my blood in it's walls and my sweat on its floors.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12994 on: May 21, 2013, 07:31:41 pm »

Hey paul. Its an artcar on the parkway!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12995 on: May 22, 2013, 10:15:16 pm »

That's pretty neat. What do you think it is? It looks like it might be a high tech tennis shoe or something.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12996 on: May 22, 2013, 10:32:33 pm »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12997 on: May 22, 2013, 11:29:49 pm »

That is actually frightening looking. Like evil aliens would arrive in it, not friendly ones.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12998 on: May 23, 2013, 01:15:45 am »

Don't judge an alien by his spaceship.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12999 on: May 23, 2013, 01:17:57 am »



Logged
[expletive deleted]

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13000 on: May 23, 2013, 01:53:45 am »

That's pretty cool. Not exactly a production car, but not a one of a kind either.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13001 on: May 23, 2013, 08:59:56 pm »

2 dozen of these fuckers: . Pre sammich.
"I need as many whale soft shells as you can sell me in 10 minutes"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

nephilim8

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13002 on: May 23, 2013, 11:56:34 pm »

Looks heavenly, but gas-inducing. What's actually in it?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13003 on: May 24, 2013, 01:14:00 am »

Looks heavenly, but gas-inducing. What's actually in it?
I don't do a lot to soft shells. I've got a lot at the moment so I'll make a soft shell crab parm with some linguini, but what you see there is a simple sandwich with tomato lettuce onion, etc. It is counter-intuitive to go through the trouble of buying soft shell crabs and then bury it in sauces and fixings so the pasta dealy is unusual for me.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13004 on: May 24, 2013, 03:02:47 pm »

TIG learn that Paul McCartney has a (step) sister.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 878   Go Up