Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343451 times)

0 Members and 199 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2007, 03:40:34 pm »

Were there penalty dances involved in your poker instruction?

We don't have penalty dances, but the first player out every week is forced to autograph a copy of the children's book "Donkey Donkey."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2007, 06:09:16 pm »

Perez is fantastic because he obsessively hates certain celebrities and worships others.  Also he is fat and ugly, which makes him hating on the beautiful people all the better.  He is about to have his own TV show.

Today I'm gonna pretend my tooth doesn't hurt and hope the pain goes away like it did a few months ago.  And do some more writing.

Heh. So true!

Your poor tooth! I'm guessing that you don't have dental insurance. You might try some clove oil or kava kava root at the health food store. Both are analgesics and will help numb the pain.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2007, 08:48:15 pm »

Dental (and optical) care are not included in our universal healthcare here, but my SO has a supplimentary plan that covers me.  I am avoiding seeing the dentist because I have TMJ and a weak gag reflex.  Also, I know the news is bad, and don't really want to hear it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2007, 09:17:06 pm »

Please, go to the dentist when something is up, because otherwise I'll worry about you. I'm already fretting enough about my boyfriend, who just lost a wisdom tooth (apparently it hurt a lot and then just came out when he pushed on it?) and does not get nearly as much dental attention as he should.

Today, I'm gonna rest on my laurels now that I finally got my driver's license, many years after I should have. Hooray, driving legally!
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2007, 11:23:54 pm »

Wait, how does Canada have amongst the top dental care ratings in the world if the govt isn't propping it up?

[tongue lodged firmly in cheek there]

FOLLOW UP: The gal who got pegged has a spectacular bruise. Bad enough for me to offer sympathy even.

ALSO: I firmly support the delay of bad news. Just take care of it before it kills you off, please.

Pegging? WTF? Was this in your softball game?

Also, smells, I agree that you should get it taken care of pronto. It's too close to your BRAIN for God's sake.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2007, 02:55:15 am »

This is one of the few forums I've found that playing straight man pays off so consistently.

Heh!!! Dammit, Ash, you're going for a hat trick and another tiny can.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2007, 05:24:38 am »

see...

if the guy is getting pegged... some would argue that he isn't that straight per se. I am not sure what my feelings are on this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2007, 06:57:09 am »

Nonsense! Hetero/homosexuality is just about what gender of person you prefer to be putting things up your arse it doesn't have anything to do with *what* they are doing to you. By that same logic a lesbian with a vibrator isn't gay.
Of course you might want to make an argument for that too, but I'd disagree with you and all the cranky unsatisfied lesbians who are on your side.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2007, 04:08:06 pm »

see...

if the guy is getting pegged... some would argue that he isn't that straight per se. I am not sure what my feelings are on this.

You'll never know your true feelings about it until you try it. Good on you for being open to that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2007, 08:46:05 pm »

so, this has been weighing on my mind with a level of importance which... is ridiculous.

Is rum not considered a serious drink? I feel that enjoying rum seems silly. Is it mainly a drink of pirates and fat men on beaches (and college students who think a rum and coke is badass)?

I am pretty sure the answer is "yes, Rum is a silly drink. It is only respectable for a man to drink things which hurt a little."

I ask because every time rum is mentioned, there is a lot of Boat and Ocean and Party imagery going on, which often seems pretty tongue-in-cheek.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2007, 08:49:42 pm »

Today I'm gonna....  read a 64 page document on sustainable coffee to ensure that a five sentence conversation had by fictional characters is accurate.

Yes, recovering academic.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2007, 09:11:05 pm »

nice! *high five*

um, mostly I am reading Grapes of Wrath, listening to Woody Guthrie, and possibly seeing the simpsons movie.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2007, 09:22:39 pm »

Get the Library of Congress record, if you don't have it already.


I think rum is a joke drink, but I do not like it, so...
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2007, 09:29:13 pm »

so, this has been weighing on my mind with a level of importance which... is ridiculous.

Is rum not considered a serious drink? I feel that enjoying rum seems silly. Is it mainly a drink of pirates and fat men on beaches (and college students who think a rum and coke is badass)?

I am pretty sure the answer is "yes, Rum is a silly drink. It is only respectable for a man to drink things which hurt a little."

I ask because every time rum is mentioned, there is a lot of Boat and Ocean and Party imagery going on, which often seems pretty tongue-in-cheek.

Rum is an awesome drink.  There is nothing bad about rum itself, but sometimes it is used in bad ways.  I used to drink a lot of bourbon because I, too, felt that respectable drinks should hurt a little.  Then I discovered the Cuba Libre.  The lime is essential. 

Also, vodka is respectable and, if it is good vodka, should not hurt.  My secret shame is that I enjoy vanilla vodka.  Also, pink wine. 

Today I'm gonna: wear white to my sister-in-law's wedding rehearsal, which I feel is wrong, but which I am doing anyway because I am pregnant, it's hot, and the only other nice summer dress that fits is the one I'm wearing to the wedding tomorrow. 

I am also gonna marvel at my son's newfound ability to verbally inform me that he would like to play Wii Tennis. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2007, 10:00:23 pm »

*sniffle* Pegging and rum in the same thread. I love you guys.

Also, theinev, WE TALKED ABOUT THIS. Straight boys can enjoy gettin' pegged and still be straighter than John Wayne voting for Regan on a hoss. It's a new millennium, dude. The two are not mutually exclusive.

TODAY: I'd like to issue a big FUCK YOU to all the employers who call me in for an interview with zero intention of hiring me. I got called in for a position where the other candidates were wearing suits and had Masters degrees in Public Administration. I can't compete with that, so why the fuck did you call me in? Assholes.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 878   Go Up