Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!  (Read 4957 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 05:55:12 am »

This guy I know who is me moved on to better things.  Cheaper longer lasting and semi-legal (these college doctors give away anything!).  If that guy who is not you is you then you really moved up in my book.  If not, still a good person for you to know.

Anyone ever done snuff?  I roll my own tobacco so I have tried it, but, god, it is horrible.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 05:59:48 am »

However... I love the deep-water miniscule slang of illicit subcultures.


Yeah, I can totally dig on that.  Just so you know, a bump and a rail are exclusive terms, I would think.  And yeah, I like the culture as much as the drugs.  I hope I never need prison slang though.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 06:18:11 am »

Is Teodor wearing false eyelashes?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

ryanpeq

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 06:30:26 am »

the best part of today's strip was when it reminded me to a google image search for selma hayek
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 06:46:38 am »

the best part of today's strip was when it reminded me to a google image search for selma hayek
Ditto.  Apparently she won the Mr.skin award for best breasts.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 06:48:21 am »

This guy I know who is me moved on to better things.  Cheaper longer lasting and semi-legal (these college doctors give away anything!).  If that guy who is not you is you then you really moved up in my book.  If not, still a good person for you to know.

Anyone ever done snuff?  I roll my own tobacco so I have tried it, but, god, it is horrible.

Cigs in this town cost damn near $8 a pack, and ive noticed a growing trend of people rolling their own smokes. How does one get started in this trade. PM me.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Popegeorgeringo

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 01:57:11 pm »

I think what makes Achewood so good is its willingness to take risks.  For every cutting edge humor fest there is atleastt one dud. idea that plays too long. This one is not as bad as others, though.  For me at least, the Great Outdoor Fight was a big miss, but surprisngly one that articles cite as a highlight.   Often the t-shirts and gear seem to highlight the misfire strips.  The bunny ambulance just doesn't do it for me.

Some of my favorite strips in the last year or two:  Ray's blue toilet; Becoming a tit man, and the Molly/RB pending nuptials.

The Pope.
Logged

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 03:09:55 pm »

Often the t-shirts and gear seem to highlight the misfire strips.  The bunny ambulance just doesn't do it for me.

SO true.

I actually didn't mind this strip, because it made me imagine Teodor coming up with other retarded "impressions" before finally resorting to shouting out obvious physical features.
In general I have despised this storyline, even the books off-shoot with Cornelius. It's making me worry that Achewood is going to go down an unfunny path of no return. That ... that would be Sad.
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 04:49:16 pm »

Quote
They're a little big for my tastes.

I know these are English words, and they appear to be arranged in a proper sentence, but they don't make any sense to me. Too... big? Nope, simply can't parse it.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 04:59:28 pm »

There are basically two situations wherein a lady's maguffies can be too buh.... buh... bi... it's a very hard to type thing.

1.) They're surgically altered to the point of being cartoonishly fake.

2.) The lady in question's breasts are only large because of some malady, such as morbid obesity or so forth.

God wasn't fuckin' around when he invented the titty. God was ON that day.

If it grows naturally on a lady's chest and it ain't a tumor or a glandular disorder or something, it ain't too big.

At least too big to my eyes. If you're having back problems and you need to trim 'em back a bit, penisltov.

I mean, I'll be SAD, but I understand.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 05:00:33 pm »

Mmmmmm, yeah, Salma Hayak is hot. 

Hot.  So hot.  I actually think that, in addition to her flawless boobies, she also has a nice-looking face. 

But -- just me, maybe? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 05:04:25 pm »

The only problem with Salma Hayek is that unless she talks very... very... slowly, she doesn't make any sense.

being a fast talker + using your second language = I don't know what the hell you're saying.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 05:23:14 pm »

I'm a bit concerned over the quality of recent strips too, but maybe Onstad is just having a little autumn slump. We've all been there. Even my craps don't have their usual go-getting verve in any given October.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 07:13:18 pm »

The basic problem with the internet is that you get two pages of dialog out of every hour's worth of content.  Look at any great newspaper strip.  When it arrives to you once a day, you frequently go "heh" rather than laugh out loud.  But when that Far Side book is sitting on your toilet for two decades, you appreciate the near hits as much as the classics.

Imagine if every one of those squares had an appended 5,000 words of variations on "Another cow strip?  Shark. Jumped."

I think this storyline is one that works better as a book on the toilet.  Sure it isn't the funniest thing on the internet today, and it isn't the funniest Achewood ever, but that's really the wrong standard to hold anything to.

Anyway, I laughed at today's strip.  Imagine seeing Tod on TV, cut to Teodor in a leotard (Teodor in a Leotard: untaken band name) slowly singing -- his voice isn't as good as he wants it to be, you know -- Gooooood tiiits.

Also: where's the applause coming from?

Also: Todd needs way more than a bump right now.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 07:38:24 pm »

yeah, actually? I think it's more a case of my being bad at judging boobs from pictures. especially clothed pictures.

because now I am thinking of some boobies I have experienced on one level or another in real life, and... some of those were bigger, and very very nice.

but usually I go by the Handful rule.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up