yeah, um, my handwriting is horrific. I have memories of being in elementary school, and just stuffing the Cursive Worksheets in the back of the desk and hoping my teacher never noticed.
She never did, and then I moved to a new school where they made me learn it.
Um, D'Nealian? I feel like this looks how i write my letters. I remember being weirdly upset when I learned that what I called Print was not actually print.
also: one of my friend's older brothers had such bad handwriting as a kid that they thought he was Developmentally Challenged. He had to go through all kinds of tests and stuff.
the way she tells this story makes it sound much more dramatic, because she says "they thought he was retarded." In truth, I too had to go all sorts of crazy tests and shit because they thought my horrible handwriting was indicative of something. Apparently it was, actually.
I also have a really clear memory of my 2nd grade teacher making me start a drawing over, because people aren't just a head with legs and arms. That made me so mad, man. I mean, I know they have bodies and feet and hands and stuff! That stuff is just really hard to draw.
now sometimes I write really neatly out of the blue, but most of time it's generally illegible.
also: weirdly, my Arabic handwriting is really really neat. At least, it was until I got better at it, when it suddenly became messy like my normal handwriting.