You may recall I work for a cellular telephone company.
Our clients have a reputation for "circumstances".
Our stores are split into two halves. One half is customer service and bill paying, the other half is new phone sales and activations. I was working on the new phone side, trying to trace an issue that was happening when new phones were turned on. One of the sales reps came over and in a very worried tone explained to the manager and I, "There's a man over here wearing a mask, and he refuses to take it off."
I've been in the stores when drugs were found and brought up to the counter ("Do you all have a lost and found?"), am aware of robberies we've had, and spoken with people who were conspicuously altered. I was pretty sure something awful was about to happen. Skimask, snubnose, murderapist. The manager went across to handle things, while I peered around the corner. This man is now etched into my memory.
The masked man was wearing a Carnival mask, full on Mardi Gras style, with a giant feather out of the top that went a foot over his head.

He was wearing a tan Members-Only style jacket. His arm was in a sling, and he had some kind of tropical bird with him.
He wanted to pay his bill, and was becoming very indignant about the repeated requests for him to remove his festive mask. He was VERY vocally concerned about out closed circuit camera system, and our companies ties (none) to the F.B.I.
Thank you.