Although I have received checks (mostly insufficiently large) for words that I typed on a computer, as well as Paypal deposits, Amazon gift cards, and an advanced degree, this is the first time I have received an award for any of them. I am deeply honored to know that the (at last count) 75 days, 5 hours and 35 minutes that I have spent here have contributed something to the sum total of entertainment (or whatever it is that you get out of this) in your lives.
Incidentally, one of the Awesome Powers of an admin is that I could see the poll results all along. Since it is totally wrong that I should get TWO awards, I seriously considered tampering with the ballots. I leave it to you to decide whether the reason that this didn't happen was my innate honesty or my inability to figure out if there was a way to use the admin panel to change the totals.
Also, I would like to note that I was nominated for this award at the last TOUAMBIES but did not win, so I think that the encouraging lesson that we can all take away is that success comes in large part from just persisting in showing up.
Thank you for this award, and I will strive to continue to live up to it.