Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ainít nobody gives a damn if you readiní custom vows or the 1987 ďLetís Go!Ē guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Donít and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 61831 times)

dejavroom

• Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 03:32:45 pm »

... Dreamed that I was visiting Alexandria. It had nothing to do with the real place, of course. In the dream it was just the equivalent to "An Important Place From History". It looked amazing, though, in a very hard to define way. It was dawn, and there were long stretches of flat golden land, and then some sort of Island/cave formation with a strange light and the bluest waters I've ever seen. Something illogical, out of a crazied video game level. It felt very nice to be there, Important. There was a kid playing in one of the side walls. He came nearer to me and said "I want Time to remember my name". And I said to him. "You have to do great, terrible things". Quite appropriate, given the scenario.
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jay-ell

• Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 03:33:56 pm »

There was a kid playing in one of the side walls. He came nearer to me and said "I want Time to remember my name". And I said to him. "You have to do great, terrible things".

Cann'd for sending chills down my spine.
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

• Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10026
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 12:50:27 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is a movie in there.
I was decaying inside from postponed consequences. - Walter Kirn

dejavroom

• Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 12:17:51 pm »

The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

rowboat

• Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 11:14:44 pm »

....that I went to borrow my uncle's car. It was huge. I mean, not as big as, like, Bigfoot, but much larger than a big-ass truck you'd see on the street. It was fitted with a huge apparatus that was like a cowcatcher but was actually a row of long, thick blades. When I tried to drive it away, I found that there were about eight pedals and none of them was a brake. So I'd start moving and then I'd just have to roll to a stop. The problem was, much like in real life, my uncle's property was rampant with feral cats and dogs. Only in the dream they were literally everywhere. Everytime I started moving, one would run out in front of the vehicle and there was nothing I could do to stop so I would just plow through whatever was in the way. Then I'd slowly roll to a stop, get out and go back to see if whatever I hit was OK. Of course, because I was driving an enormous truck with about twenty six-foot-long swords protruding from the grill, whatever I hit was invariably utterly ripped to pieces and smashed, though not always dead. Cats, dogs, deer, rabbits. This kept happening and every time I couldn't stop myself from getting out and seeing these horrific messes. Sometimes it would be entire animal families. Still squirming and kicking. Looking at me.

First nightmare in at least a year and the worst in several.
PS  I got shot by Ray again

bluemoon72

• Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 03:09:46 am »

First nightmare in at least a year and the worst in several.

This is...horrible.  I'm glad it was just a bad dream.
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

greenkoolayd

• VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 06:37:51 am »

This is...horrible.  I'm glad it was just a bad dream.

yeah, dude, dont tell rob zombie, or itll be in his next movie.
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I wonít."

Arachno-capitalist

• Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 07:49:54 pm »

I had a dream last night that everyone in my office park had to dress and act like people in colonial time, like with wigs and everything. But whenever there was say 2 or three of us separated from the general population we would immediately revert to our normal personalities and wonder why everyone else was putting up with the whole charade. At lunch we had to wear blindfolds to enter the cafeteria and when I tried to use colonial jargon to explain a trading strategy, a large loud woman yelled "HE HAS NO CONCEPT OF WHICH HE SPEAKS, ALL HE UNDERSTANDS IS MUSTARD!"
~fin~
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

• Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 08:51:51 pm »

I had a dream that Pedro was The Doctor and I was his companion, and he was explaining to me how the space goo (which was sentient, but not living - this was very important) clinging to the bottom of my minivan was making it levitate by bending, but not quite breaking, the law of conservation of matter.

I didn't really care how it worked, I just wanted it to go away because it's very difficult to parallel park a levitating minivan.
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

• Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 337
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
    • Rarely updated random quotes
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2009, 09:01:58 pm »

I had a dream that Pedro was The Doctor and I was his companion, and he was explaining to me how the space goo (which was sentient, but not living - this was very important) clinging to the bottom of my minivan was making it levitate by bending, but not quite breaking, the law of conservation of matter.

I didn't really care how it worked, I just wanted it to go away because it's very difficult to parallel park a levitating minivan.

I would think you could just get out and nudge it gently with your hands into the space.

Toaster

• King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2009, 11:34:24 pm »

... That Christian Slater and John Travolta were dancing assassins with a Dean Martin / Jerry Lewis -type relationship. And then I had sex with the girl that Christian was going to have sex with, and he got mad at me, and he turned into Christian Bale and yelled at me.
My OCD makes me care about things.

bluemoon72

• Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 12:00:02 am »

I had a dream last night that everyone in my office park had to dress and act like people in colonial time, like with wigs and everything. But whenever there was say 2 or three of us separated from the general population we would immediately revert to our normal personalities and wonder why everyone else was putting up with the whole charade. At lunch we had to wear blindfolds to enter the cafeteria and when I tried to use colonial jargon to explain a trading strategy, a large loud woman yelled "HE HAS NO CONCEPT OF WHICH HE SPEAKS, ALL HE UNDERSTANDS IS MUSTARD!"
~fin~

I laughed so hard at this!
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

lprkn

• VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 243
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 12:02:10 am »

I just watched John Adams, so I'm totally seeing this.

TedStriker

• Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 05:37:02 pm »

I dreamt that I went to see The Hold Steady in concert, and they covered My Sharona.  It was amazing, and if I had the musical wherewithall to do so, I could've transcribed the entire arrangement upon waking.  I could even sorta hear it in the back of my mind all weekend.

Then last night, I dreamt of a unified theory that completely explained the show Lost; the majority of the dream was fact-checking against my memory of all of the episodes, and being delighted that it all worked.  I remember nothing of the theory.

I need to focus on things besides pop culture.
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

CortJstr

• Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 337
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
    • Rarely updated random quotes
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 05:52:04 pm »

I need to focus on things besides pop culture.

I thoroughly disagree.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59   Go Up