Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132537 times)

0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #375 on: January 05, 2011, 03:53:41 pm »

I had a dream last night that involved this man, Randy and this woman, Ember.  I should point out right from the start that I have a huge crush on Ember.  She's one of the sweetest ladies I know and totally hot.  Now if Facebook status updates are any indicator, Ember and Randy are two of the most happily married people in America.  Except they are not married to one another.  In my dream however they had just gotten married and we are at the reception which is being held in a nice hall with a big stage.  The band is playing and everyone is dancing.  The party is really hopping.  So the leader of the band calls Ember up to the stage.  She is going to sing Randy's favorite song Rhiannon. I have no idea what Randy's actual favorite song is.  So she starts singing and she's really good.  The crowd is just going nuts for her.  I notice that of all the faces in the crowd she's focusing her attention on me.  She leans over for emphasis and her blouse falls open and I can see that she has a dragon tattooed on her left breast.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2011, 05:46:14 pm »

I hope it's not actually Rhiannon.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2011, 10:23:35 pm »

This is way late, but I've tended to have weirder and more intense dreams on Melatonin.  Which kind of didn't help the needing to sleep part, so I stopped taking it.

Usually my nightmares are things like "Some <piece of technology> is on in my room" and I keep waking up and stumbling around to turn them off (they are already off).  They're not really scary, they just break up the sleep cycle and make me feel horrible the next day.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #378 on: January 06, 2011, 12:13:30 am »

I swore off Melatonin.

It fucked my dreams up WAY the fuck too much.

Diphenhydramine and/or maybe a little valerian tea, thank you very much.

I got enough monsters in my head, I ain't need MORE.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #379 on: January 06, 2011, 02:47:46 pm »

We dropped her dose to .75 mg and for the last 2 nights she's slept like an angel. Here's hoping it stays that way.

Without melatonin it was taking her literally 4 - 5 hours of lying in her bed in the dark, occasionally weeping, before she would finally fall asleep. We'd put her in bed at 8 and she'd still be awake at midnight. We had the bedtime routine, too, just like all the books say -- warm bath, dim the lights, a quiet, calming video on TV and some snuggling on the couch -- nothing worked. I stopped letting her take afternoon naps, but all that did was make her overtired by suppertime.

And then she'd wake up on her own at 8 AM and be crabby and impossible because she was permanently sleep deprived. I don't like to complain, but have you ever hung out with a grumpy-tired toddler? Ever try to take one to the grocery store? That was my life, every single day of it, for six months, and I do not want to go back to those days if it can be avoided.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #380 on: January 06, 2011, 04:10:01 pm »

An ex of mine just told me yesterday about a dream she had in which I figured prominently, with the sexing of her and her ex-girlfriend. She mentioned that at one point my wife moseyed by, watched for a bit, and approvingly said "carry on". The dream sounded good - I wish it had been me who dreamed it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #381 on: January 07, 2011, 02:24:01 am »

Even in other people's imaginations Nabu's lady is a class act.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #382 on: January 07, 2011, 02:26:11 am »

A classy lady knows when to treat a hot threeway like the gift from God that it is.

To break up a hot threeway would be like murdering a thing of beauty for no real reason at all.

It would be as if to kill a mockingbird.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #383 on: January 07, 2011, 06:43:39 am »

You know, ever since I read that book I've wondered if Southern mockingbirds are different from the ones here - because these guys are plain and have terrible voices.  Entertaining sometimes because you can hear them imitating car alarms every once in a while.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #384 on: January 14, 2011, 07:09:18 pm »

man, I hate straightforward wish-fulfillment dreams.

first the dreams where I found out that if i went to grad school I was guaranteed to get an awesome job.

now these. Fuck these dreams.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #385 on: January 24, 2011, 03:57:45 pm »

A young woman (Eliza Dushku) meets a wealthy older man (Steve Martin) in a four-star Canadian hotel. She's in town on a six-week work-study program for college and somehow ends up sitting near him in the expensive hotel restaurant (the dream picks up from this point so I don't know why she was there). He is there on what he calls "my annual business trip to attend to some...matters." He's very mysterious about it. They strike up a conversation, he buys her dinner and asks her to come back the following afternoon.

They meet again, and they begin to develop feelings for each other, but she reveals that her high school sweetheart is waiting for her back home. She's torn, and on his last night in the city, just as it appears she's going to choose to travel the world with him, she asks him one final question: Why are you here? What secret business do you have to attend to?

He won't tell her. She says, I need to know that you're a good person. I need to know that whatever you're doing isn't something that exploits the poor or causes the deaths of hundreds of African babies or something. She says, I'm not naive. I know how business works. And I need to know that you're an honest businessman. He looks at her, stands up, pushes a stack of poker chips in her direction (the hotel had a casino for some reason?), and walks out of her life...forever.

The next day, she walks into the hair salon at the hotel, puts on an apron, and thanks a co-worker for covering for her for a few days. "I had some business to attend to." The whole thing was a con. And she's tens of thousands richer.

I dreamed a heist film disguised as a romantic comedy. It was...kind of epic.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #386 on: January 24, 2011, 04:01:25 pm »

It's like Lost in Translation meets The Sting.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #387 on: January 24, 2011, 04:09:45 pm »

I haven't seen Lost in Translation. I heard it was good, if you like that sort of thing. I can sit through a rom-com if my girlfriends drag me to one, but I'd never choose to watch one on my own. For this, Pedro is thankful.

I've seen The Sting several times. I love heist movies most of all.

I'm pretty sure Steve Martin and Eliza Dushku played these roles in my dream because I've been watching Season 2 of Dollhouse, and also about a week ago I saw the episode of 30 Rock where Steve Martin has the hots for Liz Lemon and he turns out to be a convicted criminal under house arrest. Also, because Martin and Dushku are both super, super hot.

Super hot.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 04:13:16 pm by jay-ell »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #388 on: January 24, 2011, 04:27:06 pm »

watch Lost in Translation but don't go into it expecting a rom-com, because that isn't what you get. i can't think of a genre it fits in, really.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #389 on: January 24, 2011, 04:57:51 pm »

Martin?  Hot?  Really?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 59   Go Up