Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132330 times)

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #450 on: March 31, 2011, 05:40:00 pm »

mostly, though, that dream was that we were driving around the city looking at awesome buildings. Which is what I wish we did a lot more.

Now that is my idea of a date. Surely you can find someone who shares this interest.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #451 on: March 31, 2011, 05:51:22 pm »

She would like doing that, but normally we don't end up seeing each other until it is dark out. I typically have work from 2 PM until 10 PM, and she has work at night as well during the week. Sometimes I have a day off on the weekend, and then we do things like that. I have a list of fun date ideas, but they all require it to be daytime/dinner time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #452 on: March 31, 2011, 06:11:11 pm »

mostly, though, that dream was that we were driving around the city looking at awesome buildings. Which is what I wish we did a lot more.

I love to do this in Portland, on foot. So many awesome buildings downtown.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #453 on: April 01, 2011, 03:36:15 pm »

She is also one of those weird people who really likes being around their family all the time.

Seriously what is up with bitches who be all up with the stable and loving family shiz.
It be freaking me out yo
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #454 on: April 01, 2011, 03:49:18 pm »

"what is the most expensive production the BBC ever put on?"
"well, if you take the correct perspective, the final Beatles special. Not only must you take account of all of the previous Beatles specials, without which this one would be impossible... you must take into account that without the BBC, the Beatles could not have existed. Furthermore, without the British empire, and the entire rest of British history going back thousands of years, the Beatles could not have existed. For this reason, The Beatles are probably Britain's most expensive production."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #455 on: April 01, 2011, 04:13:54 pm »

"what is the most expensive production the BBC ever put on?"
"well, if you take the correct perspective, the final Beatles special. Not only must you take account of all of the previous Beatles specials, without which this one would be impossible... you must take into account that without the BBC, the Beatles could not have existed. Furthermore, without the British empire, and the entire rest of British history going back thousands of years, the Beatles could not have existed. For this reason, The Beatles are probably Britain's most expensive production."

Are you sure this landed where you wanted it to?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #456 on: April 02, 2011, 01:27:56 am »

That sounds like fairly solid dream logic to me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #457 on: April 02, 2011, 03:04:13 am »

England was just a backwater island somewhere until the Beatles came along.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #458 on: April 02, 2011, 04:04:46 am »

yep, it was a dream. I woke up and laughed at how rad and funny that dream was.

I have a disease where I think my dreams are really interesting and funny.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #459 on: April 02, 2011, 06:47:38 pm »

I awoke this morning from a dream in which I was in a giant guitar store (which also had a ball pit, so whatever) and this guy was trying to sell me a guitar. He showed me a bunch of Gibsons, but they all had something that I didn't like about them. He showed me a Zakk Wylde Les Paul, with the big target on it, and then some guitar that had like 50 strings on it. Then he showed me a leopard-print strat. Then the owner (who turned out to be the guy who fucked us over on the remodel job in real life) said he'd by me breakfast the next day if I bought a guitar - and he specifically mentioned there would be beef involved. Then my wife came into the store and she was wearing a little dress that basically came down to about her waist. So, um, yeah.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #460 on: April 02, 2011, 09:03:52 pm »

He showed me... some guitar that had like 50 strings on it.

This one only has 34 strings.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #461 on: April 03, 2011, 03:28:06 am »

i bet that bitch is heavy.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #462 on: May 10, 2011, 03:24:30 pm »

...that I was single and I was going to a water park with a large group of singles, some of whom I did not know well, but the group also included my BFF. For some reason, we had to walk up the side of the highway to get there, and a small group of us got separated and lost. We took the next exit to ask for directions and ended up in an English Village type of mini theme park, where this nice young man helped us figure out where to go.

This was a long process, however, and it was getting pretty late by then, so we hung out and decided not to go on to the water park because we didn't want to walk the rest of the way in the dark. The Nice Young Man ended his shift and hung out with us, showing us the cooler shops and activities in the village, including a book store with ceilings that were only 4" tall where you navigated the stacks by kneeling on a small mat and using handrails to slide along highly waxed floors. If you pulled with any effort at all, you could really fly down the corridors. While we were there I found a huge selection of picture books that I remembered from my childhood that I thought were out of print, but I didn't buy them because I didn't have a backpack to carry them in.

Then the Nice Young Man let us come into the employee breakroom since we had noplace else to go -- he cleared it with his boss first -- and we were sitting around drinking soda and he was flirting with me and stuff, and I was flattered 'cause he was kind of cute, even if he was a bit on the young side. And then he said something about doing a third grade school project and going on the internet, and I was like, "OMG, wait, how old are you?" and he said, "Fifteen," which was a shock to me, because I would have guessed about twenty--three. I mean, dude had razor stubble. No way was he half my age.

Some other stuff happened that I don't remember, and then it was time to say goodbye to the Nice Young Man, and I told him thanks but I'd probably never see him again, and he said, "OK, I understand. I love you. Bye." And I did a double take, and I said, "Did you just say you love me?" And he said, "Yes, I do love you." And I tried to convince him that he couldn't possibly love me, he barely knew me, etc. and then I remembered what it was like to be fifteen, and I thought, oh, what the hell, may as well give him something to remember. So I kissed him (not a chaste, close-mouthed kiss, either). I woke up halfway through the kiss.

I'm choosing to believe that he was joking when he said he was fifteen and I'm not actually a total creeper. It's my dream, I can do that if I want, right?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #463 on: May 10, 2011, 03:38:03 pm »

I'm pretty sure Judy couldn't have been much older than 15 when he started posting here. Just putting that out there.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #464 on: May 10, 2011, 04:01:54 pm »

This one only has 34 strings.


Um . . . 36.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59   Go Up