...that I found a lost pug and brought it home with me to care for until we could find its owners. It was an all-black pug, which I recognized as unusual, but even stranger still, it had fawn-colored feet. Then I remembered that (in my dream) Wombat had posted pictures of her newest pugquisition, a black pug with fawn feet, and I thought it must be hers, that somehow it traveled all the way here and I was fortuitous enough to discover it. But alas, it wasn't Wombat's pug -- hers was safe and sound at home -- it belonged to a law firm, and they were using it as a mascot.
I didn't want to give it back to them, because they didn't seem like they were being nice to it. At the very least, it wasn't a home and family, like dogs need. It lived at the office and, while it was well-fed and -groomed, it still seemed lonely. But they were lawyers, after all, and I was afraid they'd take me to court if I didn't return their dog. I was still deciding what to do, and realizing that even though I didn't want to give it to them, I didn't actually want to become a dog owner, when I woke up.
So, thanks for that bizarre little foray into my subconscious, Wombles.