Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132662 times)

0 Members and 37 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #585 on: October 15, 2011, 10:37:30 am »

Another post-apocalyptic dream, this time winding up with coming upon some sort of small, loosely-aggregated community which was augmenting their food supplies with human flesh (as would most likely happen, I suppose). I was revolted, spouse tucked right in. I guess this shows that I think she is practical?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #586 on: October 17, 2011, 12:50:09 am »

the other day i had a dream that i was at a big-assed party.  my multimedia instructor and andrew mcmahon(he sings in the bands something corporate and jacks mannequin) were the only people i specifically remember.  at one point during the party i went away from the crowd for a few minutes.  when i came back, everyone was gone.  apparently they went to long island and did something hella fun because i was pissed when they got back.  andrew mcmahon was being all dismissive of my hurt feelings.  all, "you werent here and we had to leave.  im sorry you missed your chance, bro."
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #587 on: October 17, 2011, 04:24:14 am »

Fuck THAT guy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #588 on: October 17, 2011, 09:09:30 am »

I had a wife who was a crazy lady so I hid in an attic man cave and drank beers with Bill Murray. She tried to break into the attic and kill me so I threw Bill Murray out a window and jumped out.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #589 on: October 17, 2011, 09:52:16 am »

Go Bill Murray! Save yourself!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #590 on: October 17, 2011, 12:32:16 pm »

Times been tough since you last stopped by, A-Cap?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #591 on: October 17, 2011, 05:13:46 pm »

At least you had Bill Murray to cushion your fall.  Is this your way of announcing that you are returning to us?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #592 on: October 17, 2011, 05:57:24 pm »

I had a dream where I was showing off my limited St Louis Architecture vocabulary, and this local preservationist blogger popped up. He called me a big show-off and said "let me guess, that's the only architectural term you know, so you have to point it out every time you see it?"

Harsh, dude. Harsh. But true.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #593 on: October 17, 2011, 10:20:03 pm »

I had a dream where I was showing off my limited St Louis Architecture vocabulary, and this local preservationist blogger popped up. He called me a big show-off and said "let me guess, that's the only architectural term you know, so you have to point it out every time you see it?"

Harsh, dude. Harsh. But true.

Inev is like, DOME…DOME…DOME…
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #594 on: October 18, 2011, 04:09:39 am »

I had a dream where I was showing off my limited St Louis Architecture vocabulary, and this local preservationist blogger popped up. He called me a big show-off and said "let me guess, that's the only architectural term you know, so you have to point it out every time you see it?"

Harsh, dude. Harsh. But true.

You seem to be surrounded by total dicks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #595 on: October 18, 2011, 04:39:34 am »

>look
You seem to be surrounded by total dicks.

>exit south
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #596 on: October 18, 2011, 05:11:16 am »

>look

You find a tiny can of Dr. Pepper.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #597 on: October 18, 2011, 03:07:31 pm »

it is funny, because I have never met him. But we have enough of a twitter relationship (?) that maybe he is creeped out that I told him about that dream. SORRY BRO.

Especially since there have been a lot of "I saw @preservationresearchoffice at Riley's, but didn't want to bug him. Hi!" type things.

...I am a Historic Preservation Blog fanboy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #598 on: October 20, 2011, 09:52:54 pm »

Asherdan, you are not allowed in my dreams anymore.

i was in an old fashioned theater talking to one of the other dads of the group.  Asherdan was in the center aisle, about 20 rows back, just beaming like the proudest father in the whole world.  Apparently, one of his kids played a big part of putting on the show that had just taken place.  i was about to go shake his hand and say hi, but i woke up too soon.

this 3rd shift job is making my dreams really outlandish.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #599 on: December 16, 2011, 03:04:42 pm »

I had a dream that I was hanging out with Inev's mother, sister, and girlfriend. They kept saying things about him that I knew were not true. I can't remember any specifics, but they were along the lines of, "Oh, he loves Band X," and I would remember a post he made here about how he is so tired of that band. I didn't say anything, though, because I did not want inev's closest female relatives to feel like a strange internet person knew their son/brother/boyfriend better than they did.

When I woke up and remembered this, it made me think about how sometimes we are more honest about ourselves here than IRL, so in that sense we get to know each other better than we would if we were face to face. But then I thought, but I don't know what inev sounds like when he laughs, or how to recognize that look he gets when he has a really fantastic idea, or whether he has any peculiar mannerisms that his friends secretly discuss behind his back, so maybe I don't really know any of you at all.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 59   Go Up