Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132802 times)

0 Members and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #600 on: December 17, 2011, 12:57:33 am »

Clearly more stalking is required
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #601 on: January 03, 2012, 12:19:47 pm »

...that my desktop computer (I don't currently own one) was possessed by a demon that was residing in the RAM. My solution was to unplug the computer, since once you deprive RAM of a charge, the information is gone. It didn't work because the demon somehow migrated to the hard disk or something.

It sounds silly, but I actually woke up, frightened. Although I don't go in for any of that stuff anymore, my ultra-religious upbringing probably had quite a bit to do with it. Pretty hard to overcome the early-life programming, methinks.

Of course my nightmare had to be nerdy as all get-out, too.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #602 on: January 03, 2012, 06:34:57 pm »

my dream was that I was lost in south-west STL (an area where I never go), and found the White-Gold Tower. None of my friends were as impressed by this as I was, and it made me mad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #603 on: January 13, 2012, 05:32:13 pm »

Right before bed: saw my roommate's new t-shirt with the St Louis flag on it. Thought to myself "OK, the St Louis paraphernalia in this apartment is getting out of control."

My dream: I was walking around my parents' neighborhood, and walked past Wombat's house. I recognized her car because it had STL Flag logos all over it. As I walked past, I realized that she was actually IN the car with the technical staff. I looked down and realized I was wearing a t-shirt with the flag on it, and matching running shorts. I ran around the block so that I would be out of breath and could say I had been working out. This was going to be my excuse for why I was running past her house and checking out her car. Then I went up and said, Hey, Wombat! Immediately it was really clear that she was busy. She tried to be nice and invited me in, but I could tell it was a really inconvenient time. Then we were sitting inside and talking, while at the same time technical staff was running around trying to get something done, and Wombat gave him instructions. There was some sort of Italian food thing going on, also, but I don't completely remember that part.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #604 on: January 13, 2012, 06:07:56 pm »

The Italian food is the only part of that that is plausible. And why weren't there any pugs?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #605 on: January 15, 2012, 04:14:57 pm »

I woke from a dream and came straight here to tell it.

My husband and I were at a large party held by my work at the fairly swank local.  The party was indoors, but the ceiling was painted into a sky-like canopy, with tree branches with artificial lights almost like starlight twinkling in them.  The lighting was low, and although it was apparently my work party, I didn't recognize anyone.  Husband went to get drinks, we got separated briefly, but then he flagged me down as he'd found us seats at a good table.  When I joined him, he was seated to my right at a table of my coworkers (of whom IRL I do not work with or know).  To the right of him was Anderson Cooper, who was accompanied by he adorable partner who I had to mention looked so much like Cooper that they could have been brothers.  Both Anderson and his partner were tickled that I thought so, as they both thought the other was quite attractive.  They made a light comment about their shared silver hair and differing, but lovely hair styles.  I had complimented them and put them at ease.  To my left was an unlikeable, grump of man, and his wife sat beside him.  Due to the noise of the bustle of partiers all around us I couldn't hear his wife when she spoke, but it was clear she was a bitch with a specific dislike of me.  Cooper's partner made mention that he's just arrived on a train from Queens, and I replied with some mention of a midnight train to Georgia" which he, Cooper and my husband thought was hilarious.  Cooper's partner declared me the star of the table.  Food arrived, and our table was covered with various platters of many hot hors d'oeurves of high quality.  Cooper and his partner and my hubby and I started sharing and passing things around, but the couple to the left of me was just eating what was placed in front of them which annoyed me, as the man had an onion tart which I had really hoped to try, and was eating it all.  It was clear he and his wife didn't understand that the assortment of appetizers were for sharing, and were instead treating them as entrees.  I noticed there was a salmon coulibiac and had Anderson pass it to me, and cut myself a nice piece, noting how crisp and lovely the outer pastry was.  Through her husband, the lady to my left then angrily demanded that she wanted the piece of coulibiac I had served myself.  I explained that the piece I had cut was for myself, but pointed out that there was still some on the original serving platter that she was more than welcome to help herself to, but her husband insisted that she wanted the dish I had served myself.  His hand was on my plate, but I also firmly gripped it and didn't let go.  I looked down in despair, as the piece I had cut was from the end (extra pastry) and was oozing with a generous amount of cream cheese.  Anderson demurely spoke up and made some quip about it being rude of the man to try take my plate, and I was relieved that the plate was again relinquished to me.  I took a bite and then remembered that, like in all my dreams, I can never enjoy food no matter how good it looks, as I never taste anything in dreams.  I realized I should have just given the lady my salmon instead of increasing the tension, but comforted myself that at least I could enjoy the texture of the pastry, the perfectly tender salmon and the melting cream cheese, even if it had no flavour.  Then I decided I would take the opportunity to get drunk and started explaining to a waiter was was in a true Tom Collins, but this was too confusing for the wait staff, so I just asked for a Gin and Sprite instead, and then woke up.

Weird dream.  I never watch Anderson Cooper, so I'm not sure why he was featured so prominently in the dream.  It is a regular feature of any food based dreams that I look forward to eating something only to remember that, because I'm dreaming, I can't taste anything.  Sometimes it takes a few bites for this to occur to me, and it's always so disappointing. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #606 on: January 15, 2012, 06:22:09 pm »

JL, i did not see your dream about meeting the ladies in my life until just now. That is a weird, cool dream.

In my feverish flu haze, I dreamt that I was kidnapped by the Borg. The borg cube cafeteria has lots of weird looking, mushy foods. I ate some cereal, but I was worried that the stuff I poured on it was not milk.

Later, my old roommate bought tiny, tiny bees and released them in our apartment. I was SO MAD and could not even explain to him why this bothered me. He said it was a Christmas tradition.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #607 on: January 15, 2012, 06:41:50 pm »

It is a regular feature of any food based dreams that I look forward to eating something only to remember that, because I'm dreaming, I can't taste anything.  Sometimes it takes a few bites for this to occur to me, and it's always so disappointing. 

You should try eating foods in your dreams that you don't like, because presumably they won't taste bad to you in the dream. Once you've done this enough times, see if it translates into liking the food in reality.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #608 on: January 19, 2012, 04:18:38 pm »

...last night where I went to a dinner party - only the food consisted of dishes made from shit that could kill you.  More specifically, there are parts of some edible things that are toxic like potato leaves, or puffer giraffe livers, or rhubarb leaves.  The trick was, the dishes were prepared with the toxic stuff right alongside the edible stuff - the conceit was that you had to be so worldly that you knew which was which.  I of course had no idea, as the food wasn't real world food and so I had no knowledge of what to eat.  My date had brought some sort of salad'y dish which consisted of young leaves and old leaves from the same plant (supposedly belladonna - but in checking Wikipedia I see it isn't so) in a sweet dressing.  My date was occupied in conversation with a neighbor and since I didn't want to seem like a rube or a coward, I decided to eat some of the salad.  I reasoned that the new leaves wouldn't yet have developed the toxin and gathered a bunch of them onto my fork and ate them.  A little while later my date suggested I offer some of the new leaves to the fellow sitting to my right.  It was apparently a great joke among this crowd to offer food to one another and watch the reaction of the person to what you were offering (they all knew what was edible and what wasn't).  The guy jerked back in his chair away from my fork, and much laughter erupted from the room. (Uhoh).  I went back to my plate and had some of the old leaves, which seemed tasty.  I turned to my date and asked what a lethal dose of belladonna would be.  She thought about it for a moment then said, "About 600 milligrams" (again, not a real number).  I started to experience symptoms (blurry vision, racing heart, dry mouth, hallucinations) and had an unpleasant episode of lying facedown on the table while confusion from the other dinner guests went on around me - then I woke up feeling anxious.

Ugh. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #609 on: January 19, 2012, 08:39:53 pm »

Puffer giraffe is scary as hell.

I had a dream where I was in an old house full of antiques and old papers and shit like that and I was wandering from room to room. I ended up in an old bedroom down a long hall. As I looked around the room I began to hear children's voices elsewhere in the house, voices with clear malice in them. One began to get clearer and closer, and I tried to leave the room. As I headed to the hall, I found myself slowing down - becoming basically paralyzed. I ended up on the floor on my back, and managed to - very slowly - push myself into an adjacent room. This was followed by a long drawn-out vignette which ended with me paralyzed on the floor, staring helplessly as a ghostly little girl came into view and began to claw for my eyes. That's when I forced myself awake.

I . . . I don't like children. For some reason little girls disturb me far more than little boys do.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #610 on: January 20, 2012, 08:02:11 pm »

...last night where I went to a dinner party - only the food consisted of dishes made from shit that could kill you. 

This sounds like some weird combination of Desperate Housewives and, I dunno, The Twilight Zone? Like a metropolitan, cosmopolitan version of The Most Dangerous Game, set in a dystopian, Stepford-Wives-in-the-City kind of future.

Somebody needs to write a short story out of this.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #611 on: January 21, 2012, 01:30:31 am »

Somebody needs to write a short story out of this.

This is right up sMets alley.  He just needs to figure out a way to work Guns and Roses into the plot.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #612 on: January 27, 2012, 04:01:47 pm »

...that I was reading this thread, and Smells was telling us about a dream she had that would have been a great TV series. She said it popped into her head that it would be the kind of thing Felicia Day might make, so she sent her a quick email that said, "Hey, I had this idea but I'm a playwright, not a TV writer, do you want to use it?" She was saying here on the board that she thought the email might never even get read, but it was worth sending on the notion that maybe it would inspire Ms. Day in some way. Smells said, "If I add a drop of my own pigment to her bucket of paint, it might change the color a little bit."

Of course, in the dream, the base idea for the show was brilliant, and of course I can't remember what it was. I do remember being amazed that Smells' dream presented a complete story arc, with conflict, resolution, and denouement, and I was posting here about how most of my dreams only give me a setting and some bizarre, random, meaningless action. Then I woke up.

My dreams are getting very meta.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #613 on: January 27, 2012, 04:24:30 pm »

That's interesting.  I've never heard of Felicia Day before.  Wikipedia tells me she had some association with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I never watched that show.  Other than that I've never heard of any of the other stuff she's involved in.

I do think it's very interesting that some of us here appear in each other's dreams.  In many ways, as we've never met, there is a lot of potential to see each other as architypes, and dreams are all about architypes.  I'm flattered that I'm a creative architype to you though.  That whole drop of pigment thing is pretty brilliant, and just foo-foo enough to have come from my mouth at some point.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #614 on: January 27, 2012, 05:11:31 pm »

the only time internet people have appeared in my dreams were for sex or kissing reasons.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 59   Go Up