Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132826 times)

0 Members and 35 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #615 on: January 27, 2012, 10:00:25 pm »

The most constant reoccurring dream archetype in my life is of going back to the summer camp I worked at/attended as a child. It is always somehow ruined.

My girlfriend, who just graduated, had a dream that she went home and realized she only had children's clothes. Everyone was very disappointed in her, and she couldn't find anything to wear.

Pretty heavy handed dreams in this corner.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #616 on: January 28, 2012, 12:49:55 am »

the only time internet people have appeared in my dreams were for sex or kissing reasons.

As it should be.

I had a nice dream about my mom. This has been happening every couple of months, and is really a good thing for me.

Most of my recurring dreams are about trying to collect things - coins, candy bars, buds, cigarettes . . . small things. It's weird.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #617 on: January 28, 2012, 12:53:19 am »

Most of my recurring dreams are about trying to collect things - coins, candy bars, buds, cigarettes . . . small things. It's weird.

dream dictionary says collection dreams mean you're being picked on.  that seems like the last thing you'd put up with, AFAIK.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #618 on: January 28, 2012, 12:58:07 am »

Huh. I did not realize that. I don't really consciously feel that way.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #619 on: February 10, 2012, 12:46:34 pm »

I dreamed I went to an Oingo Boingo reunion concert and one of the background singers was my evil nemesis from my first job at the zoo, the one who is the reason I didn't get that job.

This seems like a not at all subtle metaphor for how frustrated I am about all the people who have success at what I badly want to do when they aren't any better at it or more deserving than I am and in some cases clearly worse.  A bizarre juxtaposition of elements but as a way of making the point, almost unimaginative.

Apparently now I'm criticizing the literary quality of my dreams.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #620 on: February 10, 2012, 02:20:09 pm »

This morning I dreamed my alarm had gone off and I was listening to the radio after hitting snooze. Then it went off for real. It was confusing and depressing.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #621 on: February 10, 2012, 10:16:15 pm »

I dreamt I was an industrial spy, for some reason, running a secret mission of some kind.

The rendezvous point was in Old Forge NY, a tourist hamlet in the central Adirondacks best known for the Enchanted Forest theme park that I went to twice a summer as a child.

I met with my contact, Ronald MacDonald, and received a plain manilla envelope full of information. We didn't speak, there was fear of audio bugs, so to confirm that I was happy with the transaction, I popped a boil on my left arm and smeared the pus on Ronald's right cheek. In response, Ronald gave me a military salute and then descended into a miniature submarine and departed.

The lake in Old Forge could not get you very far by submarine, I'm pretty sure. I have no idea what that meant.

The same night, I dreamt we were holding a poker tournament at my parents house with all my friends and all my brother's friends and... while it was going on... my brother was blocking all the doors with logs and broken furniture in preparation to set fire to the place killing everyone. I woke up before he could explain his motivation in this regard.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #622 on: February 11, 2012, 07:00:31 am »

My wife had a dream where a teenager said her name was "Tramp". I don't think Otis Redding was involved.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #623 on: February 22, 2012, 01:10:46 pm »

Wow, I don't remember that Otis reference.

I had another zombie dream. I was shepherding about ten people dressed in evening clothes (one a woman in some dress that left her topless, which was a little odd but not unwelcome) into a motorhome. I just had to go out and get my partner, who was securing the perimeter. While he did that, I sort of went back out to draw the fire of the zombies. My partner in this endeavor? Shaq, of course.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #624 on: February 22, 2012, 06:21:49 pm »

Shaq is a good choice.  He's big enough for his head to be well out of chomping range so he could last awhile. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #625 on: February 22, 2012, 09:55:21 pm »

My husband has occasional screaming dreams that are clearly about his accident, but he wakes up in the morning remembering nothing and feeling well rested.  He's always been really active in his dream life - lots of talking and such - but this is an weird turn.   
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #626 on: February 24, 2012, 03:48:02 pm »

Last night I had a dream that involved Paul.

I was walking through a mall, and I was passing one of those middle-of-the-isle kiosk merchants that sells jewelry for specialized piercings.  One of the displays included a photo of Paul that was being used as a backdrop to a bunch of jewelry.  I paused and then said to the girl running the kiosk (cute girl with pig tails, Betty Page style bangs, lots of piercings and tattoos, super skinny) "this is weird, but I know the guy in that picture." And it turned out the lady was friends with Paul too.  We both agreed that Paul is a pretty cool guy, and I said I knew Paul, but then I felt like I was lying because I've never met Paul in person but I was too embarrassed to admit that after saying I did know him.  I asked how she knows Paul and she explained that she considers herself a sideshow freak and works as a human skeleton when she's not doing stuff related to body art, and that her freak work sort of intersects with the artcar world on some levels and that's how she met Paul.  She said she had danced on his car at some point.  We talked a bit more about art, and this prompted her to show me these fine-art style toys that were sort of figurines or action figures.  One was of her, made of rigid plastic, and looked very skeletal.  The toy was of her nude, but it was packaged so that the toy was posed laying belly down like a pinup from the 50's to hide the more private parts of her.  The toy of her looked pretty anorexic (much more skeletal) and the packaging on it showed pictures of her when she used to be much skinnier than she is at present.  I remember thinking I was glad she looked healthier now, but that it was none of my business, so I didn't mention it.  Then she said she had another toy from the same series, by the same artist of Paul.  The toy was of Paul, and it looked so much like Paul - they got the mustache and facial expression just right, and like the other toy, the rigid plastic Paul was posed in the packaging to be laying on his stomach, posing like a pinup in a manner that was coquettish in expression, but concealed his junk.  In comparison to the skeleton girl, I was thinking about how pleasingly plump the Paul toy was and was noticing that there was some serious detail - as both his cheeks and his butt cheeks were tinted with a nice pinkish blush.    I was sort of transfixed by the blush of the toy's butt cheeks, and wondering what the cost of such a toy would be and if I should buy it.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #627 on: February 24, 2012, 04:06:22 pm »

Can you get me the number of that kiosk?  I want to give those figurines away as gifts.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #628 on: February 24, 2012, 04:29:22 pm »

Can you get me the number of that kiosk?  I want to give those figurines away as gifts.

my birthday is may 12 and that would be the best dirtythirty present, ever.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #629 on: February 24, 2012, 04:33:55 pm »

I can not explain the shiny, plastic-y perfection of blushing face and butt cheeks to you.  There was a slight cartoonification of the style too which made it super cute. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59   Go Up