Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 133024 times)

0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #645 on: March 05, 2012, 05:59:56 am »

That is a rad dream. I had a sex dream last night and I've been trying to think of who the lady was all day. I thought it might be Rhonda Pearlman (I've been watching the Wire a lot recently) but I never had much of a thing for her. Huh. Oh well.

It wasn't Rhea Perlman?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #646 on: March 05, 2012, 07:12:33 am »

It wasn't Rhea Perlman?

God, I hope not.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #647 on: March 05, 2012, 07:56:11 am »

can'd. something about her just triggers the response; i'm sure few of us are innocent of this experience.

Yeah, have to admit she's been on my mind all day.

It wasn't Rhea Perlman?

No, that dream is pretty much a regular thing.

God, I hope not.

Don't judge.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #648 on: March 05, 2012, 05:56:52 pm »

It wasn't Rhea Perlman?

Yeah, that's how I read this at first. Holy smokes.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #649 on: March 15, 2012, 06:07:01 am »

(in real life) I woke up having to go to the bathroom, only to realize my roommate was in there. I decided to fall back asleep. Then I had the following dream:

Since he's in the bathroom, I'd better pee somewhere else. What about this hamper of clean clothes? They're clean, and clothes will absorb pee. So I peed in the hamper. I thought it was strange that it was taking a really long time. While still peeing, I realized that clean clothes absorb pee, but then they become dirty clothes. I quickly picked up the hamper and walked to the basement to re-wash them. My final thought was "oh god, I hope he's shitting, because if he finishes soon and comes out and sees me with a hamper full of pee-clothes at 4 AM I will never live this down."

There was another weird fragment where my roommate questioned why I had bought a ton of green army men, and I screamed at him that I didn't give a shit what he thought about my fuck*ng army men.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #650 on: March 15, 2012, 06:35:18 pm »

You skipped the part where you jerk awake and pat tentatively around to see if you actually wet the bed.

I occasionally have dreams where I'm trying to find a restroom - frequently at a school or a gym - but everytime I find one the bowl is either empty of water or overflowing with shit.  As in, stacked above the rim.  No idea what that's about.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #651 on: March 15, 2012, 07:08:41 pm »

I had a nightmare the other night. I very rarely remember my dreams, but this one made an impression.

Malcolm McDowell was at my door in a long black coat, for reasons unknown. A shot rang out from the street, and missed both of us, but hit the brick wall closeby. I grabbed Malcolm and yanked him inside, and caught a glimpse of the shooter: a younger man, early thirties at the latest, almost white-haired blond, with a strange angular haircut and a long white coat.

I locked the door, and he sat on my couch, my wife in a different chair obviously shocked at this development and my dogs oddly quiet. "Was that guy shooting at you?" I asked; his reply, cool and smarmy, grinning: "Well, yes, he's been after me for some time." I called the cops, and as I was on the phone waiting for an answer, a shadow passed over the frosted window in my door, and I heard the distinctive ripping sound of packing tape. I don't have bars on my windows or any way to prevent someone who really wants to get in from doing just that - so I ran to the back door and just as the other end of the line picked up, I awoke in a complete panic.

And then I patted tentatively around to make sure that it was just sweat I felt.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #652 on: March 15, 2012, 07:23:35 pm »

I was in Burbank, working for the medical courier job and they were giving me addresses I didn't know and my maps kept shifting because it was a dream and maps do that for me in dreams.

Eventually, it was so awful, I kept trying to crash my car so that I could be dead and be done with it. After a while, it worked and I woke up.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #653 on: March 16, 2012, 03:57:49 pm »

I dreamt I was helping a blind former co-worker (in reality, not blind) around a mall. It went on and on and on.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #654 on: March 19, 2012, 09:00:40 pm »

I love exploring buildings in dreams. They just go on forever. Sometimes I dream that I find a hidden passageway or moving wall in my house and realize I have tons and tons of extra rooms I never knew about before.

They're usually full of really old stuff like you might find in your grandmother's attic, and I spend the rest of the dream looking through the items wondering about the history of it, who it belonged to and why it was saved. Especially the furniture -- there are always beautiful four-poster beds and elaborate Victorian writing desks stuffed with love letters and long lost poems by Emily Dickinson.

My subconscious is not subtle.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #655 on: March 20, 2012, 02:15:33 am »

Oh, I love those "finding an extra room/hallway to an extra wing of the house/etc" dreams.  I haven't had one in a while, but I once had a really vivid one that the house I was living in actually sat atop a lavish marble palace with an enormous swimming pool surrounded by statues, everything marble and endless, and all of it mine.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #656 on: March 20, 2012, 02:35:37 am »

The earliest dream I can remember was finding a room off of our laundry room in the house I lived in as a small child. I probably had the dream when I was six or so. I remember having to squeeze past the water heater and there was a room back there that went on for what seemed like miles, eventually becoming something like subway tunnels (an architectural feature I cannot remember having seen at that age).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #657 on: March 20, 2012, 03:04:27 am »

Oh, I love those "finding an extra room/hallway to an extra wing of the house/etc" dreams.  I haven't had one in a while, but I once had a really vivid one that the house I was living in actually sat atop a lavish marble palace with an enormous swimming pool surrounded by statues, everything marble and endless, and all of it mine.

I once found a bowling alley, like in the Biltmore (scroll 3/4 of the way down the page).
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #658 on: March 21, 2012, 04:52:40 pm »

That bowling alley is pretty keen, it reminds me of the final scene of There Will Be Blood.  I was gonna post a YouTube clip, but for anyone who hasn't seen the movie, it's too much of a spoiler, so I will just say, go see that movie if you haven't already.

Back in my theatre days, I would sometimes have dreams where I would discover a theatre attached to where I lived, or a space large enough to be converted into a theatre.  It was a kin to striking gold.  In my dreams I was set.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #659 on: March 21, 2012, 05:55:52 pm »

That bowling alley is pretty keen, it reminds me of the final scene of There Will Be Blood.
Somewhat rough chuckles, but a fantastic movie in my opinion.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 59   Go Up