Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 59   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream....  (Read 132889 times)

0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #660 on: March 21, 2012, 05:57:04 pm »

the pollen count took my by surprise this weekend, and i had to nap to make up for lost night zees. i don't remember anything but the end of the dream, where a super hot brunette with glasses and a gray sweater dress was all up on me, tickling my swimsuit area and bumping me with her pretty fantastic chest. i looked at her, said "lady, i'm married, cut it out" and woke up.

i don't even know.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #661 on: March 21, 2012, 06:10:49 pm »

the pollen count took my by surprise this weekend, and i had to nap to make up for lost night zees. i don't remember anything but the end of the dream, where a super hot brunette with glasses and a gray sweater dress was all up on me, tickling my swimsuit area and bumping me with her pretty fantastic chest. i looked at her, said "lady, i'm married, cut it out" and woke up.

i don't even know.

I'm glad you are feeling better.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #662 on: March 27, 2012, 05:35:47 am »

Last night I had a sex dream.  Well it really wasn't a sex dream, but there was this woman that I know and I watched her undress.  She was trying on costumes and being uninhibited in a way that she's never been in front of me ever in real life.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #663 on: March 27, 2012, 06:06:11 pm »

That sounds pretty sweet. I mean, if you find her appealing. It's better than zombies, anyway.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #664 on: March 27, 2012, 09:18:05 pm »

That sounds pretty sweet. I mean, if you find her appealing. It's better than zombies, anyway.

Yes, very much so.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #665 on: March 28, 2012, 12:30:34 am »

Ash made a thread where he just put links to lots of job listings. Each one was accompanied by his thoughts on the job, including lots of Ash-isms that I had trouble understanding. The jobs were mostly things that sounded really interesting but that I am not qualified for-- the one I remember is to be an auto mechanic.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #666 on: March 28, 2012, 12:43:26 am »

lots of Ash-isms that I had trouble understanding.
i can't fathom where that element originated
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #667 on: March 28, 2012, 03:32:45 am »

I think you should do it. Get on Craigslist and bring the hilarity, Dr. Jones.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #668 on: March 28, 2012, 05:27:19 am »

There is a great website that posts links to funny job listings, and I can never remember the name when I want it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #669 on: March 28, 2012, 11:02:04 pm »

...I now figured out what was really going on here. Still, that sounds like a thing I would dig doing. Good job getting that part right.
Figment crosstalk
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #670 on: April 05, 2012, 04:05:47 pm »

I was at my last day of work at the grocery store... ON DEEP SPACE NINE.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #671 on: April 05, 2012, 04:14:30 pm »

I was at my last day of work at the grocery store... ON DEEP SPACE NINE.

those ferengi's make me feel like i need to shower.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #672 on: April 09, 2012, 01:31:55 pm »

This is one of those super-involved dreams. I will totally understand if it's TL:DR for most of you. It's also really weirdly personal, so...uh...don't judge me, and stuff.

So, I started out on board the Enterprise, but that part wasn't really all that important in the end. Somehow we opened a portal to a parallel dimension, and a few men slipped through. They stayed a few days, and while two were anxious to get back home, one of them was intensely fascinated with our world and how it worked. We spent a lot of time together and developed intense feelings for one another.

We were finally able to send the men home, but I couldn't stop thinking about this guy. In my dream he had a name, but I can't remember it now, so let's call him Enoch. So I couldn't stop thinking about Enoch, and one night, while I was sleeping, he suddenly appeared in my quarters. He told me that he hadn't been able to get me out of his head, and he couldn't live without seeing me again. But he was afraid if he stayed too long, he wouldn't be able to get back home. Then he vanished.

I thought I was dreaming. But the next night, Somehow my consciousness slipped into the parallel dimension and I found myself in Enoch's quarters. This was cooler than it sounds. I asked him if he'd really been in my room the previous night, and he said yes, and he was miserable without me but he didn't see any way that we could be together. We said goodbye and thought it would be for good.

But the next day, I was daydreaming about Enoch and what might have been, and suddenly I felt like I was falling -- that jolt you get sometimes when falling asleep, except I was awake at the time. (Well, awake within my dream.) When I jerked and looked around, I realized that I was, completely and bodily, in the alternate dimension again. It was quiet and still, as though the whole ship were asleep. In fact, most of them were -- in the Enoch's universe, almost everything was the opposite of the way it is in ours, so they were nocturnal. I crept into Enoch's quarters and slipped into bed beside him. He awakened and was shocked and thrilled to find that I'd come to him. We made love, knowing it was a forbidden passion but also that we may never have another chance. Afterward, I fell asleep in his arms but awoke back in my own quarters on the Enterprise.

Weeks passed, and I tried in vain to return to Enoch's world. I couldn't get myself to fall through the dimensions again, no matter how hard I tried. He came to me in dreams a few times, and sometimes I would catch a glimpse of his ship through the interdimensional veil, but I wasn't able to make my body move outside of time and space like I had previously. Then, finally, he came to me one afternoon. We talked at length about the differences between our worlds and how we'd each been able to accidentally travel between them. He seemed to have aged, and I discovered that what had seemed like weeks for me had actually been over a year to him.

When it was time for him to go back, we decided I would try to go with him. I held his hand and he allowed himself to slip, and I closed my eyes and felt as if I was swirling down a drain starting with my left hand. Then a jolt, and I opened my eyes and found myself on Enoch's ship again. This time, he took me around to show me all the differences between his universe and mine. For starters, as I mentioned, everyone was nocturnal. Their society was matriarchal, and I learned that men were the bearers of children -- much to my surprise, when I discovered that Enoch had borne a child since our last meeting. We had a beautiful boy, and Enoch had been raising him alone because he didn't want to burden me with the knowledge that I had a child whom I could not visit at will.

I stayed with Enoch for a few hours and was continually shocked at how everything was exactly the opposite of how it is here, often in ways you wouldn't expect. I wish I remembered more specific details, but basically everything from their economy (in which wealth was reviled) to their cuisine (in which food was judged on its nutritional content rather than its flavor) was diametrically opposed to the way things are here. When I felt that I could not stay any longer without risking losing touch with my own dimension, I slipped back to the Enterprise and told some of my crewmates what I had seen.

Enoch and I continued to work on our ability to move between the dimensions and eventually became able to do so at will. We had another child, another boy, and I visited frequently, but the children were never able to come to the Enterprise. When Enoch confessed that he was expecting twins -- a third son and our first daughter -- I resigned my position on the Enterprise, said good-bye to my friends, and allowed my body to pass permanently into his dimension. (Apparently in the parallel dimension, their version of RicK Santorum had banned birth control, or something -- this dude was remarkably fertile.)

It was a difficult decision. Although a handful of Enoch's people welcomed me, most -- particularly the women -- made it clear that they didn't want me there. I faced intense prejudice from strangers. And the nocturnal-vs-diurnal issue was a constant argument between Enoch and me, especially where it concerned the children. (I was constantly letting them stay up until 1 in the afternoon, much to his chagrin.) But, overall, we were happy. On the Enterprise, I had been alone, married to my work. In Enoch's world, I had love, life, and family.

It was one of those early-morning dreams where you keep waking up, and then trying hard to go back to sleep so you can go back there for just a little bit longer. I succeeded several times, until I ran the risk of making my son late for school. It was really intense and really vivid, and it's probably going to haunt me for the rest of the day. I can't help but ask -- what does it mean? And this imagined man with whom I was completely but briefly in love  -- his form will consume my thoughts for the next several hours, I'm certain. I'll remember him, perhaps, longer than our entire affair lasted in real time, though he never existed at all.

Sigh.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #673 on: April 09, 2012, 08:40:44 pm »

It means that you have an amazing, powerful imagination.  One of the useful facets of our amazing brains is the ability to create scenarios and test various outcomes of actions without actually performing them in reality (and thus suffering the consequences of bad decisions). 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream....
« Reply #674 on: April 09, 2012, 08:48:15 pm »

Yeah, I guess. I dunno, I hate when I have such vivid dreams because I have trouble shaking out of them in the morning. It leaves me feeling all melancholy and confused.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 59   Go Up