You've always seemed fairly approving of my music taste Keith, I guess it doesn't really affect any arguments but I am not a drugs user.
I would agree perhaps that a lot of (but not all) interesting, good music owes itself to some level of drugs use, enjoyment of said music does not necessarily stem from the same source. And I like nearly all music that could be objectively said to contain invention or something interesting.
As said I'm not a user. I DO know people who appreciate different kinds of music when high, but it's pretty much 50/50 in terms of which way they go. One guy I know who normally doesn't care for music will sit up all night with me listening to everything brilliant, another who is normally a good sort music wise will only listen to dubstep. Which in my opinion at least is a step down from what he normally likes.
And then there's my mate who's never touched an ounce yet has a rich and voracious interest in good music. I also have a mate who is the biggest pothead and coke fiend I know but his taste in music is, frankly, awful.
So I can't bring myself to agree with your initial statement. That's fine like, everyone disagrees, I've said why I do above, I understand why you might think differently as a fellow liker of good music and a drug user.
What I can't understand why people can be so confrontational in what seems to me a pretty chilled environment. Paul for initially calling it the 'stupidest thing I ever heard' in lieu of a reasoned rebuttal, Keith for an extremely uncalled for personal attack. We're all grown men (apart from me) lads, come on.