Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380752 times)

0 Members and 60 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2235 on: December 18, 2013, 03:24:04 am »

I stick with the hipster classics mainly, yer murmers and reckonings, ya know.  Though Monster and Green have some great tracks and New Adventures in Hi Fi is actually fuck*ng classic (usually I don't listen to people over like 35 that have more than 2-3 albums.  N A in Hi Fi and Paul Westerberg Stereo only two counter-examples I can currently think of.)

Also, speaking of when you quit bands...I have been getting back into the Flaming Lips hard.  Y'all know that up until (and NOT including) Yoshimi they are the best band (non-Modest penis pre Good News division, and the Talking Heads and and and and), yeah?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:29:56 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2236 on: December 18, 2013, 03:29:16 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4_0vyJfwuE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n62w20H5foM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ec1AEwm1q4

I mean, that is a fuck*ng band time shift I can get behind?  That sentence is not what I wanted it to be, but hopefully it makes sense.  I don't know how to fix it currently.  All three songs awesome (and representative of the era's awesomeness for them) and a dope progression as a band.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2237 on: December 18, 2013, 03:32:11 am »

I date girls a lot younger than me and usually they are hipsters (I am a really young looking aging hipsterish guy), it is a shame what bands like Modest penis and the Flaming Lips do to themselves.  This one girl with great music taste was all, oh, this is awesome, who is this...it was Modest penis.  She didn't realize that at one point they were good, cause all she knows is kid bop and that shitty ship album.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2238 on: December 18, 2013, 03:58:03 am »

You mean there was a time when the Wayne Coyne Experience™ wasn't all stereotypical hallucinogen bullshit? In all seriousness, though, people been yelling at me to listen to Soft Bulletin for years and I just haven't. I might have just been pushed over the edge.

Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2239 on: December 18, 2013, 04:00:21 am »

And speaking of missing the boat of hipsterish shit:

WHY HAS NOBODY TOLD ME THAT CAN IS AMAZING. Sorry for the caps, but this song is just a good good good song——so is all of Ege Bamyasi, for that matter. It just grooves in the best possible way.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyJzv4AFZXc

I foresee a Krautrock excursion in my near future.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2240 on: December 18, 2013, 04:08:42 am »

I have been getting back into can recently!  fuck*ng incredible.  Tago Mago is the one I listened to the most... 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1k6JMQs0c

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fAv0-TAE1UE

I've said this here before, but I saw Flaming Lips at the OKC Zoo after whatever whatever mystic.  I was on E.  I heard about how great I was for longer between songs than the songs lasted.  I did not hear This Here Giraffe or Christmas At The Zoo.  Pretty pretty awful.  Not really a bad (poser) trip, but maybe the most miserable I've been on some type of psych because of outside sources?

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2241 on: December 18, 2013, 04:11:06 am »

In all seriousness, though, people been yelling at me to listen to Soft Bulletin for years.

You should listen to those people.

Also, speaking of when you quit bands...I have been getting back into the Flaming Lips hard.  Y'all know that up until (and NOT including) Yoshimi they are the best band (non-Modest c*ck pre Good News division), yeah?

I'm the guy that loves the albums that you consider terrible. I mean, I can hardly listen to most Modest penis, but Good News blows me away and Yoshimi... Do You Realize is the best song they've ever made.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2242 on: December 18, 2013, 04:30:37 am »

yeah, Can are the best. So, so, so good. I like Tago Mago the most, but Ege Bamyasi has some great tracks.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2243 on: December 18, 2013, 05:00:31 am »

I have been getting back into can recently!  fuck*ng incredible.  Tago Mago is the one I listened to the most... 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1k6JMQs0c

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fAv0-TAE1UE


This is 60s psychedelic rock. Pretty good. Have you heard Black Mountain?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2244 on: December 18, 2013, 05:24:12 am »

Also, you like newer hipsterish shit?  Like, the growlers?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lFEtBNxsWmI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlFEtBNxsWmI

Or IDK, this one band Sunny Ali and the Kid made 2 awesome eps...best coast was incredible before the got signed (I know, I know), the black lips and black angels (pre last album) are both really good.  Thee Oh Sees are pretty good and Ty Segall is good but sometimes bad.  On phone or would link more.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2245 on: December 18, 2013, 05:25:13 am »

I'm the guy that loves the albums that you consider terrible. I mean, I can hardly listen to most Modest c*ck, but Good News blows me away and Yoshimi... Do You Realize is the best song they've ever made.

I remember that now...Pink Floyd too.  Sorry?  No offense?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2246 on: December 18, 2013, 05:46:41 am »

This is 60s psychedelic rock. Pretty good. Have you heard Black Mountain?

Hell, let's take it back to the source. Have you kids ever listened to Quicksilver Messenger Service?  How about Spirit? Jefferson Airplane?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2247 on: December 18, 2013, 05:51:40 am »

Also, you like newer hipsterish shit?  Like, the growlers?

Never heard of 'em.

I remember that now...Pink Floyd too.  Sorry?  No offense?

No offense taken. The only response I'm likely to have to you not liking Pink Floyd is possibly pity because they are fuck*ng awesome and you are missing out on it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2248 on: December 18, 2013, 05:54:13 am »

I have listened to the first and third, and moby grape or whatever that bands name is.  More of a 13 flr/early Floyd early pysch guy.  It always seemed like I should like surrealistic pillow and crown of creation but I never actually did.  Maybe I'll try again.

I liked that black mountain song, but one of my favorite bands (spindrift) opened for them and they were bad enough to lose all hope w me.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2249 on: December 18, 2013, 05:55:13 am »

Never heard of 'em.

Did you like it/click the link?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 190   Go Up