Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381850 times)

0 Members and 74 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2760 on: October 27, 2016, 04:25:58 am »

Listened to her interview on Maron and then went and found this to listen to.

She's blowing up, apparently. I liked it okay.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2762 on: January 12, 2017, 09:06:53 pm »

My brain all day today:
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIIIIS
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIIIIIS
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS, KILLER WHAALES, KILLER WHAA-HAA-HAA-HAA-HAALES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccztRby3FAk
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2763 on: January 13, 2017, 12:24:30 am »

Oh god damn I love that album.  But I like the one that came before even more.  Keep meaning to check out his band camp stuff but haven't yet.

Drugs are better, drugs are better with friends
Friends are better, friends are better with drugs

Yesterday I read steppenwolf, today so much United States of America: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sb8Q4EHozjU

And, I love this album right now:  https://oppositesex.bandcamp.com
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:35:39 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2764 on: January 13, 2017, 04:20:18 pm »

My brain all day today:
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIIIIS
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIIIIIS
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS, KILLER WHAALES, KILLER WHAA-HAA-HAA-HAA-HAALES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccztRby3FAk

Very nice!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2767 on: January 21, 2017, 04:19:43 am »

Probably my favorite currently active band. Damn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2768 on: January 21, 2017, 04:30:50 am »

I think they just took over from parquet courts for me.

Or cloud nothings!  But not super stoked on the tracks I've heard from their new one

Shit...or car seat headrest maybe.

I'm saying, yeah, the are a sick band.  I also think you maybe posted some of their stuff in this thread?  I know I heard parquet courts cause of Paul.  I also think I might have posted some car seat headrest stuff before Carlos.  Maybe we should keep posting the same three bands over and over.  It can eventually become one of those bizarre corners of the internet.  Though I guess maybe this forum itself already is.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:02:59 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2769 on: January 21, 2017, 02:34:50 pm »

Damn,  I need to hear Car Seat Headrest. I saw them play one song before Protomartyr came on at a show I went to and they seemed great.

And my old roommates opened for Cloud Nothings! All I need is to see parquet courts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2770 on: January 21, 2017, 08:05:39 pm »

Probably my favorite currently active band. Damn.

I think they just took over from parquet courts for me.

I found this performance compelling.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2771 on: January 21, 2017, 08:42:12 pm »

Oh yeah...I love that their look/stage presence seems to be three different types of high school burnouts and their English teacher.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2772 on: January 21, 2017, 08:58:31 pm »

Oh yeah...I love that their look/stage presence seems to be three different types of high school burnouts and their English teacher.

The guitar player has such a baby face. How old is he, 14?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2773 on: January 22, 2017, 08:38:49 pm »

Oh yeah...I love that their look/stage presence seems to be three different types of high school burnouts and their English teacher.

Haha, totally. They should make that their next album title.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2774 on: January 26, 2017, 02:05:12 am »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 190   Go Up