I have a few animal things
the roommate who has a dog is moving out and wants me to come with. That would be fun, debating whether I can justify the moving expenses and probably slightly more rent for a 2-bedroom vs a 1 bedroom. Also, if things are going well with the GF in a year or so, maybe we should get a place together? So should I just hang tight here for a year and save money? Or maybe the additional ~$100 a month is worth it just for the reduced stress of fewer roommates, slightly more room, etc.
- I am gonna feel a little guilty finding somebody to take my place in this apartment, on account of the rats. I've never seen any, they're definitely not getting into the apartment, but I hear them in the walls and ceiling constantly. Ugh.
- the GF is definitely 100% farm girl. She has casually mentioned that she believes if you get a dog you need at least three (one gets lonely, two means one dog is boss, three is a pack), little dogs are boring, and big dogs Need To Have Jobs. As long as you need jobs for the dogs you want, you can have a little herd of something.... sheep are really fun my gramma taught me to shear em and make yarn out of the wool. Goats are cute and they'll keep your yard neat. Chickens are funny to watch, plus fresh eggs. Oh by the way have I mentioned a cat or two to keep away pests and gosh rabbits are not much work...
She grew up in the NYC suburbs with lawyer parents but I guess the Minnesota and West Virginia roots stick around a generation, somehow.