Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Aminals  (Read 127828 times)

AugustWest

• Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 767
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #960 on: January 26, 2018, 12:26:29 am »

I was smart for once and kept my sassy mouth-hole shut tight.

Good thinking!
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

• The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Homosexuals the Gorilla
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1310
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
« Reply #961 on: February 02, 2018, 06:01:03 pm »

how do you cook them
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Asherdan

• Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 667
  • later gators
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 05, 2018, 05:23:51 pm »

Grabbed a 70 lb. tortoise Saturday, this guy is cool as dickens.

He comes over and says 'Hi' everytime I go out in the yard (actually, he says isssssssssssss 'cause he got no vocal cords).

Also, Dan the Goat tried to jump his pen fence and got his rear leg hooked up on the way over. Spouse saw him hanging head down and rassled me up into running out there. Oh my dogs it looked so bad, I thought his rear right leg was broken all to shit and dickens the way it was bent over the top rail. I got him down and got on the horn with the vet. After checking the bone from the hip to the hoof I couldn't find a displacement for a fracture. GOOD NEWS. I found a 4H friend with some banamine (pain and inflammation med) and gave him two shots yesterday and another this morning. He's wobbling around on his leg and putting a little weight on it, so it hurts but is salvagable. Stupid goats, guess I'll be raising the fence panels a foot or so soon.
still wants to fuck on the floor and break shit

Asherdan

• Mod Squad
  • Showbiz
  • later gators
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 21, 2018, 11:28:15 pm »

This is Iggy the show steer. In this time next year I'm going to eat him. Or at least make a start on it, might take awhile.

Asherdan

• Mod Squad
  • Showbiz
  • later gators
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 07, 2018, 04:52:37 pm »

This little guy was one day old and abandoned, so one of our group brought him to the fair and we all shared duties bottle feeding him and keeping him alive.

If the gal who knows the gal who owns him doesn't come around, I'm going to have a Dorper sheep jack to raise.

They're supposed to be a good meat lamb at about 10 - 12 months of age, but I can already tell that if it get's bottle raised by Spouse, it's gonna be a pet.

(cheaper and easier than a human baby at least)
(more fun and cuter too)

theinevitable

• Writer's Workshoppers
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 475
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
« Reply #965 on: March 09, 2018, 03:15:39 am »

I have a few animal things

the roommate who has a dog is moving out and wants me to come with. That would be fun, debating whether I can justify the moving expenses and probably slightly more rent for a 2-bedroom vs a 1 bedroom. Also, if things are going well with the GF in a year or so, maybe we should get a place together? So should I just hang tight here for a year and save money? Or maybe the additional ~$100 a month is worth it just for the reduced stress of fewer roommates, slightly more room, etc.

- I am gonna feel a little guilty finding somebody to take my place in this apartment, on account of the rats. I've never seen any, they're definitely not getting into the apartment, but I hear them in the walls and ceiling constantly. Ugh.

- the GF is definitely 100% farm girl. She has casually mentioned that she believes if you get a dog you need at least three (one gets lonely, two means one dog is boss, three is a pack), little dogs are boring, and big dogs Need To Have Jobs. As long as you need jobs for the dogs you want, you can have a little herd of something.... sheep are really fun my gramma taught me to shear em and make yarn out of the wool. Goats are cute and they'll keep your yard neat. Chickens are funny to watch, plus fresh eggs. Oh by the way have I mentioned a cat or two to keep away pests and gosh rabbits are not much work...
She grew up in the NYC suburbs with lawyer parents but I guess the Minnesota and West Virginia roots stick around a generation, somehow.
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

• English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 634
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 09, 2018, 01:51:35 pm »

I thought this girlfriend sounded like a catch, but the small dog prejudice is a dealbreaker. I am very disappointed.

As for the apartment question isn't the $100 worth it for the lack of rats??
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Asherdan

• Mod Squad
  • Showbiz
  • later gators
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 09, 2018, 05:15:12 pm »

I am just the opposite on the small dog prejudice. Big dogs FTW.

I kinda agree on the rat issue. Sure you hear them in the walls and ceilings,  sure as dickens they are not staying there if something in your joint catches their interest.

ALSO: just talked to a Boer goat guy one city over who has four does who threw kids in February. He's got at least 8 kids that'll be 8 months old for the next fair. Weather cooperates, we're going to go goat shopping tomorrow afternoon.

Here's two of the doelings:

Asherdan

• Mod Squad
  • Showbiz
  • later gators
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 09, 2018, 05:18:15 pm »

...but I guess the Minnesota and West Virginia roots stick around a generation, somehow.

I grew up in OC suburbia but the dirt farmer roots meant I had rabbits, dogs, chickens, ducks, etc. and still had a vegetable garden to work every year. Now look at my dumb ass. Sometimes those roots run deep.

Asherdan

• Mod Squad
  • Showbiz
  • later gators
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 12, 2018, 03:51:56 pm »

So yeah, we bought a Boer goat to show for next fair, he's a thick little monster (in a good way).

Also, Saturday this guy got dropped off on our front door:

He's a Dorper sheep named Domino, just over three weeks old. He decided laying down to nap in the warmth with Rocky the Tortoise is OK after his morning bottle.

wombat

• English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 12, 2018, 06:45:19 pm »

Waiting to see how long it takes for that photo to start flying around the internet labelled as an example of heartwarming interspecies friendship when it's really buttwarming interspecies appreciation of a heat lamp.

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Asherdan

• Mod Squad
  • Showbiz
  • later gators
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 12, 2018, 07:12:01 pm »

Babies and reptiles have a universal brood lamp appreciation, for certain.

Asherdan

• Mod Squad
  • Showbiz
  • later gators
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 20, 2018, 07:44:46 pm »

Aminal notes:

Lamb, officially renamed Chopper, is doing swell. We'll pair him up with Dan the Goat and Number Two (that's what I'm calling the new Boer show goat until he gets a real name, his Scrapies tag # is 0002) when Number Two comes home in mid-April. They'll both be weaned by then.

Neopolean the goat is putting on good weight, he's getting sold once Number Two comes home, or he hits about 90 lbs on the scale. Spouse thought about eating him for a minute, but he's got a name and has grown on her since.

Coco and Oakie are just about done with my ass. They are starting to give me the "What uncomfortable shit is he going to do to me" look every time I come around. In the last week I've pared out their hooves and treated them for thrush (lots of rain lately), grabbed them by the head and made them eat de-worming medicine (which they hate, apple flavoured or not) and last night they got a 5-way vaccination shot in the shoulder meat (tetanus, 2 types of encephalomyelites, A2 influenza and rhino-pneumonitis).

I've found that Tractor Supply will sell me 18 or 20 gauge 1.5" needles and 3cc syringes as long as I give them my license info, so now I'm giving all the animals their annual vaccinations my ownself instead of having a $800 vet visit. Which is super-rad on the wallet.

Next up, goats and sheep get their CD & T (two types of C. perfringens bacteria and tetanus) shots and a liguid dose of SafeGuard de-wormer.

It's way easier to do preventive maintenance than it is to doctor them back up later (or have them die on you).

wombat

• English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 20, 2018, 10:13:59 pm »

is the sheep for eating or wool or what?

Asherdan

• Mod Squad
  • Showbiz
  • later gators
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 20, 2018, 11:22:04 pm »

The Dorper breed is a hair sheep, meaning that it will shed twice a year and not produce wool. A S. African breed, it is primarily produced for meat and it's hide, which is excellent.

We're going to show him as a market lamb at the next two fairs, October and next February, and then he'll probably wind up a pet. He and Dan can be partner buddies for future for-sale project animals.

Also, we're waiting for the next litter of LaMancha goats a breeder has drop. We're looking for a doe to bottle raise for breeding and dairy and raising the Dorper lamb is good practice and learning.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 68   Go Up