Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283566 times)

0 Members and 45 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1200 on: July 14, 2012, 02:05:46 am »

I am going to preemptively post:

Fuck Chicago. Lamest city in America.

Because I have been saying that all day, and I'm sure someone out there thinks it is jerky and stupid.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1201 on: July 14, 2012, 02:45:12 am »

i had fun when i visited chicago. nice hotel near michigan ave, plenty enough money for food and shopping. awesome second city show. wasn't hanging out with locals.

those are probably the differences right there.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1202 on: July 14, 2012, 03:14:00 am »



Fuck Chicago. Lamest city in America.


Wow.  You're really becoming a true St Louisan, huh?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1203 on: July 14, 2012, 04:30:57 am »

Quote from: AugustWest
Wow.  You're really becoming a true St Louisan, huh?

Oh, that's a cannin'.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1204 on: July 14, 2012, 07:37:40 pm »

Yup. I guess if you think about it Chicago has metaphorically stolen away St Louis's girlfriend.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1205 on: July 15, 2012, 02:18:41 am »

Hey man.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1206 on: July 15, 2012, 02:53:16 am »

A woman commenting on Facebook about her recent purchase of a Ford Mustang.

"it's an American car, and that makes me proud. I was sniffing at a candy-apple-red Saturn Sky until Obama shut down that wonderful company."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1207 on: July 15, 2012, 02:57:53 am »

So she's been working on this car decision since 2009 or something?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1208 on: July 15, 2012, 03:19:57 am »

So she's been working on this car decision since 2009 or something?

I don't know, possibly. But really, how warped is your perception that you blame Obama for the demise of Saturn?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1209 on: July 15, 2012, 03:57:43 am »

I thought it was Mittons Romney who went around destroying and exporting american industry and that socialist Obama took all our tax money to bail them out.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1210 on: July 15, 2012, 12:10:52 pm »

I would have bought a Pacer if that darn Obama hadn't killed AMC.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1211 on: July 15, 2012, 04:29:22 pm »

I was all set to put up Solyndra panels until that B.Hussein Obama...oh wait...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1212 on: July 15, 2012, 07:54:36 pm »

I don't know, possibly. But really, how warped is your perception that you blame Obama for the demise of Saturn?
Well, considering that the government was probably the largest GM shareholder at the time, it's not thhhaaaatttt much of a stretch compared to some things people say. However, the fact that no other company was interested in buying more than than the name (and even that fell through when Penske backed out) suggests that it was not a sustainable brand. They had to stop making the plastic cars because plastic cars went out of style. They more or less lost their identity at that point.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1213 on: July 15, 2012, 09:54:41 pm »

My first car was a plastic Saturn.  I used to talk shit about how it was dent Proof and all, and we would go about hitting people's trash cans and taking it off roading and shit (sorry, that is hella lame but it was OKC suburbs and I was 16, what are you gonna do?  Get drunk and stoned and do stupid, destructive shit was our answer).  Anyways, eventually people would kick it cause I talked so much shit about it.  One time my friend kicked it, and, instead of denting, the door just cracked in half.  I wonder why plastic cars went out of style?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1214 on: July 16, 2012, 10:19:08 pm »

Today my coworker was going off about how Global Warning makes no sense. Probably should have just smiled and nodded. I have this stupid idea that if you explain things to people they will understand them. I was pretty proud of my metaphor to the length of the checkout line but she was just NOT HAVING IT. (every month there are certain days when the checkout line gets really really long. This is usually for some reason like a baseball game downtown or a huge convention down the street at the convention center. throughout the year there are always these days. But if we started having more and more long-line days every year, that might indicate a trend. The fact that there have always been days with long lines doesn't mean it is insignificant when there start being more and more days with long lines. It is about frequency of high-intensity days, not level of intensity.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 143   Go Up