Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282131 times)

0 Members and 43 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1515 on: April 13, 2013, 05:12:12 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1516 on: April 15, 2013, 01:19:29 pm »

When George W Bush did the same type of shit, those same people didn't seem too concerned. IOKIYAR!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1517 on: April 17, 2013, 02:08:37 am »

A lot of people have been posting this bit of nonsense. So far I haven't gotten into it with anybody, but I want to just start pointing out everything that's wrong with it. Lord give me strength.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1518 on: April 17, 2013, 10:00:00 pm »


I'm all for greater economic and financial literacy in our schools; but if you didn't learn what taxes are, what voting is, or anything about a bank, then my guess is you just blew it off because "taxes? who cares?"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1519 on: April 17, 2013, 10:38:42 pm »

Also weird that they picked basic geometry to throw out.

Today a dude accused me of lying because I told him we only serve one kind of gooey butter cake. I promised him that this was the kind we have every day, and offered a free sample. Nope, clearly I was lying to trick him into buying the wrong kind.

I just try to imagine that this guy has had a pretty shitty life if he can't even trust someone enough to try a free sample. I guess I can't be mad at someone who has had it that hard.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1520 on: April 18, 2013, 12:17:33 am »

I've definitely had days where the wrong kind of gooey butter cake would have been the last straw.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1521 on: April 18, 2013, 12:59:43 am »

Yesterday the nervous new girl at the Italian bakery gave me the wrong kind of cannoli, and it was way better than the kind I usually get.

Apologies in advance if cannoli with lemon zest in the ricotta make wombat sad.

In a reverse of what usually belongs in this topic, the owner of the Italian bakery is one of my customers, and likes my lattes so much that she tried to hire me. Unfortunately she cannot afford the pay a fancy guy like me is used to.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1522 on: April 18, 2013, 01:07:04 am »

Yesterday the nervous new girl at the Italian bakery gave me the wrong kind of cannoli, and it was way better than the kind I usually get.

Now that is an important life lesson.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1523 on: April 21, 2013, 04:39:06 pm »

Me: "Can I get a breakfast bagel please?"
Cashier: "No. We stopped serving those at 11."
Me: ::shrugs and walks away::
Cashier: "Sike! I'm just messing with you! You can have a breakfast bagel any time."
Me: ::kept walking::
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1524 on: April 22, 2013, 05:29:10 am »

Today the guy who refused to believe me about the cake bought it again and tried to avoid eye contact.

Today I told someone I was meeting for the first time what my job is, and she laughed in my face.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1525 on: April 22, 2013, 01:31:24 pm »

Today I told someone I was meeting for the first time what my job is, and she laughed in my face.

I hope you told her to go fuck herself?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1526 on: April 22, 2013, 01:39:26 pm »

Inev, have you checked out this show: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/10_Items_or_Less/70058005?locale=en-US
Anyone who has worked in a grocery store and those who have not may like it. Personally, I thought it was fuck*ng hilarious.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1527 on: April 22, 2013, 01:53:42 pm »

Inev, that's how you tell when a person is a piece of shit and not worth your time. Seriously, who does that? There's no shame in honest work.

I get the opposite reaction from people when I'm actually at work. If I mention that I finished grad school, the inevitable (ha!) question is, "Why do you work here?"

To which I reply, "My master's is in history."

And they say, "Oh, that makes sense."

I haven't had an occasion to tell someone I've never met before where I work, because 90% of the people I meet and befriend are customers. Which tells you something about both my job and my social life.

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1528 on: April 22, 2013, 02:24:36 pm »

Today I told someone I was meeting for the first time what my job is, and she laughed in my face.

If she was laughing at you and not with you she's not worth your time worrying about.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1529 on: April 22, 2013, 03:08:18 pm »

Today the guy who refused to believe me about the cake bought it again and tried to avoid eye contact.

You should have told him you have the kind he wanted, and gone and gotten the exact same cake from the back.

Also, I am looking forward to a very special cake soon.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 143   Go Up