Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Some TV show I didn't just see.  (Read 58659 times)

0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 04:32:46 am »

There isn't a baseball thread yet, so this is going here. Does anyone do the mlb.tv thing? And if so, did you end up running into weird blackout restriction changes in the middle of the season or anything like that? Luckily my team isn't included in my local blackout region but there was something about how that could change at any time. Any other common problems with the service?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2012, 09:51:02 pm »

I'm just getting caught up on Mad Men, currently near the end of the second season. The first couple episodes didn't really grab me and it took catching some later ones to get me hooked, but I'm hooked. Peter Campbell is a creepy fuck and I can't tell if it's just the character or the actor. Vincent Kartheiser really irritated me in Angel, too. Maybe if the guy grew some facial hair.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 12:03:44 am »

yeah that's all pete needs, a pervy mustache
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2012, 10:55:08 pm »

I am in the same boat as you about Pete Campbell.  Once you get caught up we will need to discuss the episode they aired on Sunday (Season 5, Episode 5).  I can't say much without spoilers, so all I will tell you is that I got everything I wanted, but feel conflicted about it now that I got it.  The writers are damn good.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2012, 11:11:28 pm »

I love this season, and I love Pete. A lot. He is just so great.

Is it because I secretly want to be married to a weird spoiled rich girl played by Alison Brie? Yes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 03:03:35 am »

I am in the same boat as you about Pete Campbell.  Once you get caught up we will need to discuss the episode they aired on Sunday (Season 5, Episode 5).  I can't say much without spoilers, so all I will tell you is that I got everything I wanted, but feel conflicted about it now that I got it.  The writers are damn good.

I was hoping to be caught up by this weekend, but I've actually been doing shit (taxes, working overtime, getting prints framed) so I doubt it. I'm gonna try though.

I love this season, and I love Pete. A lot. He is just so great.

Is it because I secretly want to be married to a weird spoiled rich girl played by Alison Brie? Yes.

Jesus yes. Alison Brie. Oh yes.

But that's a perfectly good reason to hate him!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2012, 05:35:32 am »

this season is super good so far, aside from john hamm's direcing during the premier. i love to hate pete, i can't bring myself to enjoy him any other way. good for lane is all i'm saying.

also alison brie is wins, and often the best part of community.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 05:42:19 am »

also alison brie is wins, and often the best part of community.

Gillian Jacobs has been remarkably funny this season too.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 07:29:43 am »

I really don't understand why I have so much sympathy for Pete. At this point I kind of hate all of the men but Pete.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2012, 01:30:52 pm »


Quote
also alison brie is wins, and often the best part of community.

Gillian Jacobs has been remarkably funny this season too.


Love me some Community. 

Also, those two could make an egg sandwich anytime they want.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2012, 02:08:02 pm »

and finally, after all these years, the nickname makes perfect and complete sense
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 09:08:44 pm »

and finally, after all these years, the nickname makes perfect and complete sense

Canned!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2012, 06:56:56 am »

I'm Peggy Olson, and I want to smoke some marijuana.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2012, 02:53:31 pm »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2012, 10:45:38 pm »

Took me a season to realize I like Game of Thrones.  I should have waited until the series was over.  Now I have to wait week-to-week like some 1980's time warp.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Up