Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 65134 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2011, 01:03:02 am »

I'm going to be so annoyed later when I can't find the thread about popcorn no matter how many thread titles I scroll through.

Damn, the search function worked for once.

I just made plain popcorn kernels in the microwave using a brown paper bag and these instructions, which were the first result to Googling "how to microwave plain popcorn kernels."
http://www.instructables.com/id/Microwave-Popcorn%3a-Home-made%2c-cheap-and-easy/?ALLSTEPS

I am totally converted. I will never dirty a pot to make popcorn again.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2011, 01:07:38 am »

Or you could put all of that in a microwave safe bowl and do it like that and not have to deal with the greasy assed bag.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2011, 01:21:20 am »

Do I need to make a followup video?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2011, 02:11:31 am »

I don't mind about the bag, and either way it's only one dirty bowl, but I'd be willing to give it a try. You must need to cover it though? I don't have a bowl with a proper cover.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2011, 07:14:49 am »

The oldest boy goes in tomorrow and gets four wisdom teeth pulled out of him. Does it make me a bad guy for telling him "If you die I'm playing the shit outta your xBox."

Yeah, that's pretty fucked up.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2011, 10:06:49 am »

Yeah, that's pretty fucked up.

Seriously, you're the alpha male, he doesn't need to die for you to take his shit.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2011, 01:22:42 pm »

it would have been rude if you had said, "when you die..."
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2011, 06:28:00 pm »

The oldest boy goes in tomorrow and gets four wisdom teeth pulled out of him. Does it make me a bad guy for telling him "If you die I'm playing the shit outta your xBox."

He's what, late teens? The concept of his own mortality is foreign to him.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #218 on: December 02, 2011, 07:25:16 pm »

I've never had general anaesthesia.  I expect the first time I have to deal with it I will have quite the set of jitters about not waking up from this.  I am, however, 42.  A dude in his late teens is probably wondering what the high will feel like.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #219 on: December 02, 2011, 07:36:50 pm »

I guess I was under general anesthesia when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. To be honest, I did not think/worry about it at all, aside from how much it would hurt afterwards.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #220 on: December 02, 2011, 08:16:27 pm »

Having worked with exotic animals, I have personally known living things that went to have their teeth cleaned and came back dead. It's also not unheard of for cats and dogs to die from it, where they have a lot more experience with how anesthesia affects the species. While I have been assured that we're now really good at this with humans, I am still terrified of anesthesia.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #221 on: December 02, 2011, 08:54:48 pm »

When I got miy wisdom teeth out they had to junk me up a lot, and I distinctly remember making a long dissertation to the medical staff touching on how fucked up I was and how much I was enjoying it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #222 on: December 02, 2011, 09:19:10 pm »

I've only been under general anesthesia once, when I was 5-6 years old.  All I remember is the doctor told me we were going to count backwards from 100.  I got to 98 before blacking out.

I wrote about that experince here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #223 on: December 04, 2011, 03:10:17 am »

Hey, customer service person:  When I say I'm doing fine and that I will ask you when I need help, I mean it.  When you instead interrupt me and ask me (in your empty store) about four more times if I need any help, I will leave and go elsewhere. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #224 on: December 05, 2011, 12:55:43 am »

I survived as well.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Up