Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 240101 times)

0 Members and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2013, 03:41:42 am »

One bedroom, shared bath, shared kitchen is how I would describe every house that I and most of my friends ever lived in. Renting a house with housemates (usually) really only gives you "one bedroom" of personal space.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2013, 12:01:37 pm »

It's not just about personal space. If you have a housemate and he's horrible, you can eventually get rid of him. If the person who's totally inconsiderate about the common space is just a fellow tenant elsewhere in the building, you're screwed.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2013, 12:44:28 am »

C'mon people say something. I'm editing metadata for a website and I'm bored to death.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2013, 02:29:09 am »

Today I worked 8-4 (which is super early for me) and then went on a 13 mile bike ride. Which, for you non-bikers, is pretty much nothing. Even for my out of shape ass it was pretty easy. What was nice is that it was 6 miles north to the city Velodrome, which is a big (in this case outdoor) bike track. It was funny showing up on our janky used 10-speeds in shorts and t-shirts and watching the fancy bikes go really fast. It was in a Bad Don't Go There part of the city, so I had never biked around the area at all. It was kind of cool cruising through new neighborhoods, waving to little kids and seeing some new sights. The fact that it was in a strange direction made it seem very far away.
Anyway, the racing was cool to watch, and I got to listen to my more knowledgable friends talk about strategy and bike parts and stuff.

I also felt good because it was the first time I rode my bike since I did some repairs on it. Fixing a thing which then carried me across town felt better than most things I do.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2013, 01:45:56 pm »

So for today there's just work and then go home for more work (got a gig translating one of Agatha Christie's books).

But last Friday my band had a gig and it almost wasn't awful, which is cool. Like, 6 people appeared, halfway through the set I was already breathless and tired as all hell, thinking "maybe this stuff just isn't as fun as it was". The good part actually was that I got to watch the act for which we were opening. They're a band from Brasilia which I really got into, they have amazing guitars.

Here's us fuck*ng around: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0EHw66Gc50

And here's the other band, which I can't recommend enough (their guitars will drive you INSANE. INSAAAAANE!):
1 - https://soundcloud.com/meuamigotigre/kame-hammertime
2 - their full page: https://soundcloud.com/meuamigotigre
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2013, 04:48:48 am »

I'm on an out of state vacation for the second time in 6 weeks.  Just weird timing, and I've got PTO coming out of my ears anyway.  Still feel vaguely guilty.  We have the kids with us this time, and the in-laws, so there is definitely a different feel than Vail.  Although we are at altitude again, although its only 4900 feet.  Eden, Utah.  It's about 20 minutes east of Ogden, and it seems very very quiet.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2013, 05:15:11 am »

looks like i might finally be headed to the pacific northwest this year, for my birthday. portland, seattle, vancouver/victoria, with any luck a stop for some wine along the willamette.

ATL <-> PDX direct round trips aren't expensive, oddly, even on delta. rent a hybrid and take it to canada? sounds like fun to me.

also on the list: helium comedy club, voodoo donuts, got to pick a strip club in portland. pike place market, peet's coffee, don't care about the needle, but maybe the experience music project? vancouver for weeds and more comedy and views and giraffe eatings and to add a country to my list of visiteds.

any recommendations? whoever lives up thataway, pm me here or fb and we can maybe hook up for beers and titties or something.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2013, 07:56:58 am »

Yeah, Miles. Awesome dude. You guys should hook up.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2013, 06:38:57 pm »

tig finally stop being sore from climbing and hiking at Baxter this weekend. 3 miles to base camp, 4 miles, 4 pitches, and 4 hours of BW3 the first day, 1 hour of BW3, 5 pitches, and ~11 miles the second. I have cuts and bruises on literally every part of my body. It feels good.

I was in charge of cooking, and I really fucked up dinner for the second night (turns out just leaving dried kidney beans in a ziplock bag full of water does NOT rehydrate them, while you climb all day, it just sort of helps a little, and then you have to waste a ton of fuel cooking them for like an hour)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:45:45 pm by doomglobe »
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2013, 05:37:39 am »

My bike and my roommate's bike got stolen. The jackasses took our shitty old used bikes and left my other roommates' really fancy racing bikes that were on the opposite wall.

Weirdly I feel the worst about the fact that my roommate is convinced it was his fault and he left the door open. He isn't sure, but he is blaming himself because he was the last one home. He's trying to say he'll pay for a replacement, etc. Honestly, it was a crappy bike... and right now I'm grateful it wasn't me. When other roommate ran in and said our bikes were gone my first thought was "oh fuck it's my fault, I didn't make sure it was closed."

It's funny, because the last time I rode it (about an hour before it was stolen) I ran into my boss on the way out of the store. He was looking at my bike and I joked that I was waiting for it to be stolen, or broken, so I could buy a new one. The good news is that thing was so cheap that probably anything is going to feel like riding on air. You don't get a lot of bike for $130.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 07:37:09 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2013, 12:07:21 am »

On further calculation I am out more like $300. Wasn't considering upgrades and lights and stuff. D'oh. Roommate is kicking in the value of the bike.

The other day I had an interaction like "oh hey, inev, have you met our new roommate? She is a small, friendly, curly haired social activist who will chat you up for like an hour about South American history." Between her and her also gorgeous roommates, it is like there is a magnet on my dick heart and their house is north.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2013, 07:48:02 pm »

Something doesn't seem right about that. People don't break into houses and only take bikes, and they don't take bad and leave good. Owner of good bike is the one paying? Maybe leave it alone. Owner of other stolen bike is the one paying? Maybe ask owner of good bike for more details on who he/she had over.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2013, 09:16:27 pm »

Well, the garage door was fully open, and the nice bike was on the opposite wall. Our reconstruction is that someone was going down the alley, saw the open door, and grabbed the first two bikes he saw. Either in a car or maybe with a friend.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2013, 10:26:01 pm »

New bike is awesome. A few different details I need to get used to before I take it out on any big trips (different kind of brake levers, shifters in a different position) and I need to get a harder seat. But overall, really really cool. It is attractive and in much better condition than the old one, and weighs a lot less. Amazing. Less than $100 more than the old one. Plus, super 80's paintjob. Something about the geometry is different in a way that makes it feel a little strange... it feels a lot smaller, but has the same measurements. Maybe I need to move the seat around or angle it.



Good day. I wish it wasn't totally nasty and muggy out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2013, 04:14:49 am »

today i finished watching "the thick of it" which i started due to the doctor whom announcement.

tomorrow there's an art stroll in the neighborhood where my missus has her office, so i'm going to call in sick and instead work for my wife, who's trying to buy frames to hang my art, and make and accept phone calls as Sinjin St. James, which is the funniest british-styled name i can think of. St. John St. James is this character's name, come on, that's good. my accent's not bad, especially for atlanta.

My first thought at an incredibly, annoyingly English name was Pippin Macguire.

now, if i recognize a british accent on the other end of the line, i'll say "hold please" and cough and change into a deeper-voiced drawl, a different character named "Danny Junior," who supervises the retail staff.

i expect great fun and no frames, which means i can spend the art stroll just strolling instead of trying to sell the prints i've made, and i'll start trying to do that at next month's art stroll.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 94   Go Up