Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239756 times)

0 Members and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2013, 01:32:28 am »

One of the roommates got a new job which pays basically nothing, and has said he is too broke to keep sharing groceries. This is gonna fuck everything up. Also, he owes me $200.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2013, 10:12:23 pm »

In other words you. JL do you want to be my girlfriend?

Awww Paul. Too bad I don't do long-distance.

I went away for a couple of weeks because my life became (more than usually) insane and I come back to find Inev being a grownup about ladies. What the heck people.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2013, 12:57:16 am »

Awww Paul. Too bad I don't do long-distance.

That was from like 5 pages ago. I'll take it as a positive sign that it took you so long to consider your answer. Ha ha...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2013, 01:03:39 am »

I just didn't check in for a while. Family vacation and other stuff keeping me busy. I missed all of your beautiful faces, though, so I read everything in this thread and a few others to catch up.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2013, 02:07:28 am »

hm, when did I act like a grownup about ladies? I must have missed that part.

Hoping that once this crazy week is over she's going to call me up and say she's ready to have some fun. I shouldn't be holding my breath on this one, but I kind of am. Damn this girl is cool.

I was trying to peg down what is so appealing about her, and i realized she has a weird aura in common with the cute young moms I have crushes on at work. She is very pretty, and in good shape, clearly has a good sense of style... but projects "I have better things to worry about than my fuck*ng hairdo."
Unfortunately she also has better things to worry about than hanging out with me, maybe. (also it's easy to not worry about your hairdo when you have that perfect short curly hair)

Friend's roommate knows her and said "I fuck*ng HATE HER." Her explanation only made this girl sound even cooler. I responded with "ok, that's fine. I don't really know you, so your opinion is not extremely relevant to me? Don't take that the wrong way." It always surprises me when I come out with something like that. This conversation also inspired my JL-style nickname for this girl if things continue.

Today I met with the guy I met her through to talk about getting involved in this young activist organization thing. He did a good job of explaining things in a way that made me feel like I have something to contribute.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2013, 01:37:07 pm »

hm, when did I act like a grownup about ladies? I must have missed that part.

I dunno, your whole attitude just seems like you're less..."loves every girl" and more..."likes girls but loves Inev more."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2013, 01:52:37 pm »

I dunno, your whole attitude just seems like you're less..."loves every girl" and more..."likes girls but loves Inev more."

JL, stop writing Inev/Inev's clone slash-fiction.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2013, 02:33:23 pm »

TIG celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary.

Gosh that didn't seem to take long. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2013, 02:44:20 pm »

The 25 years, or the celebration?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2013, 02:47:23 pm »

Zing!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2013, 02:49:54 pm »

The 25 years, or the celebration?

I'm picturing August with a pointy hat blowing into one of those curly party favors exactly once. "*fweee* Well, that's enough frivolity, then. Dignity and all that. Back to work everyone."
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2013, 03:08:50 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2013, 03:14:46 pm »

TIG celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary.

Gosh that didn't seem to take long. 

I meant the 25 years, since I haven't yet laid eyes on Mrs. West yet today.  I think we're going to dinner tonight.  We're taking a trip to Niagara Falls next month -- that's our main celebration.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2013, 03:16:42 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2013, 06:00:52 pm »

Back now. Did I miss anything?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 94   Go Up