Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239249 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #240 on: September 07, 2013, 06:01:11 pm »

Birth of a Nation.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #241 on: September 07, 2013, 10:42:36 pm »

Today I got in a yelling match with a coworker who I hate. He was complaining about a "pussy" customer who asked for help carrying something. He said "I should have fuck*ng bashed his face in." I had the gall to say "well, that's what they pay us for, right?" Then he started getting on me about how I "just stand there all day" at the cash register and don't do "real work" like him. I guess his idea of a grocery store is a bunch of angry middle-aged men carrying boxes around, without customers or cashiers.

He later went and complained to my manager about me, and I am really curious about how he framed our interaction.

This guy is a total macho jerk. They only schedule him at weird hours because he is so bad at interacting with people without blowing up.

The good news is, there's a new sheriff in town.

[big banner](INEV, MACHO 2013)

(also, that girl is dating a guy I know who is super-ladies-man. mannnn. gimme a break.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2013, 04:16:35 am »

(also, that girl is dating a guy I know who is super-ladies-man. mannnn. gimme a break.)

Which girl? I've kinda lost track.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2013, 06:12:47 pm »

well, it doesn't matter now.

This has been such a shitty week, considering I only worked 4 days, and immediately before that I had a 3 day weekend. Laptop busted, phone busted, rejected by girl, allergies driving me crazy, the whole yelling thing yesterday, grad school app stuff still going awfully.

The good news is, it's raining out and my plan for today has three parts:
1. Ocarina of Time
2. beer
3. go to bed early

it's gonna be a good one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2013, 07:24:16 pm »

4. Chile
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2013, 11:43:56 pm »

Poking around ifixit, seems like my expensive and time-consuming new hobby is electronics repair. But still cheaper than paying someone to fix my phone and computer.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #246 on: September 09, 2013, 04:04:57 am »

Nice, I used that site to address some PS3 problems. I was skunked and had to take it to a dude eventually, but I'd like to blame Sony and their tendency to swap out components with little to no documentation. Next project: replacing the girlfriend's iPhone speaker.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #247 on: September 09, 2013, 02:31:56 pm »

Nice, I used that site to address some PS3 problems. I was skunked and had to take it to a dude eventually, but I'd like to blame Sony and their tendency to swap out components with little to no documentation. Next project: replacing the girlfriend's iPhone speaker.
My PS3 pretends that it can turn on, but that is the end of things it can do. This website says I need to press and hold the only button the PS3 has or change the hard drive.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #248 on: September 09, 2013, 06:28:05 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #249 on: September 09, 2013, 08:01:19 pm »

They also say that Detroit, Baltimore, and STL are pretty good... which makes me suspicious.

Although, really, I can't stress this enough... I seem to be the only person who can't find a job in St Louis. All of my friends have good jobs, if they aren't purposely doing something like "working at a restaurant part time so I can focus on _____."

Oh haha, this article is written by Richard Florida. He is the True Enemy of socially-conscious urban planners.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #250 on: September 09, 2013, 08:20:59 pm »

I want to find a place that has a high jobs-for-college-grads to available college grads ratio. NoVa/DC has plenty of jobs for young college grads, but it also saturated with that kind of animal. Also, most of the US (geographically speaking) has little use for college grads and plenty of jobs that they aren't really suited for.

I hear Chile could use some young US educated workers.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #252 on: September 10, 2013, 09:01:09 pm »

Dang, being a man involves a lot of drinking.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #253 on: September 10, 2013, 09:10:41 pm »

Quote
Buy expensive sunglasses.  Superficial? Yes, but so are the women judging you.

Quote
Pretty women who are unaccompanied want you to talk to them.

Quote
Hookers aren’t cool, but remember, the free ones are a lot more expensive.

This guide is good if you want to be a piece of trash.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #254 on: September 10, 2013, 09:15:05 pm »

Dang, being a man involves a lot of drinking.

"Avoid that “last” whiskey. You’ve probably had enough."

This guide is good if you want to be a piece of trash.

I don't want to understand expensive sunglasses, so yeah that one can go. But unaccompanied people at a party, in general, would probably like to be talked to at least once. 
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 94   Go Up