Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239498 times)

0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #360 on: October 12, 2013, 05:26:09 pm »

Sometimes people don't answer your email because they are travelling or working on a deadline or have a life or something. It's not always about you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #361 on: October 12, 2013, 06:48:57 pm »

I am nervous because I think I misunderstood his previous email, and I hope he is not aggravated and thinking I blew him off. I'm sure he is just busy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #362 on: October 12, 2013, 07:08:18 pm »

If think you misunderstood his previous email and therefore you said the wrong thing in reply, it's OK to write again and politely ask if you misunderstood.

Or he could just be busy. In which case you know the other thing that is OK is that if he needs to do something for you by a deadline, to send him a polite reminder a bit before the deadline. It's not as important to him as it is to you, so it's almost presumptuous to assume he won't forget, you know? Just don't do it like the night before so he has to drop everything and do it right that minute. And don't remind him fifty times. One well timed reminder.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #363 on: October 12, 2013, 07:44:33 pm »

Yes. I am sending him all of the info about where to mail the letters, etc as soon as I am definitely decided on where I am applying. There is one last school I am dithering about. Also have to decide between Harvard and MIT as my "I won't get in but if I did get in I would get lots of financial help so I may as well apply, right?" school. In the last email we exchanged he gave some suggestions about my resume, and I responded with "thanks for the pointers etc" rather than sending him a resume with the information he wanted. And then several weeks passed. And then I woke up in the middle of the night realizing HE WANTED THE NEW RESUME.

I'm sure it is fine. After the GREs my next step is compiling all that info and giving it to my recommenders. Then they have 2 months before the letters are due.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 07:50:00 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #364 on: October 12, 2013, 09:07:27 pm »

MIT of course!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #365 on: October 12, 2013, 09:26:00 pm »

yeah, MIT is the big deal. It might be less touchy-feely in approach than the other schools, but it is the best program in the field and gives out tons of money. It is also pretty big, the Harvard planning program is small.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #366 on: October 12, 2013, 10:22:57 pm »

Well, add all that to the fact that the answer to "MIT or Harvard?" is always MIT, and there you go.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #367 on: October 12, 2013, 10:27:30 pm »

Here's the link to my novella on Amazon, by the by.

Tell your friends, tell your friends who would buy it or publicize it especially if you don't mind.

Leave fair honest reviews, don't be nice to me just because I am an imaginary person in your own personal computer box.

I appreciate whatever help you awesome people can give a dude.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Undone-Man-Science-ebook/dp/B00FUKXUWU/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1381616702&sr=1-1
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #368 on: October 13, 2013, 12:33:26 am »

WHAT

A strip every Friday, and a book by LFM?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #369 on: October 13, 2013, 12:51:56 am »

And the idea that something might come out of the book is what's pushing me to write the Sasquatch book and maybe finish the John Lennon book some day so that's like hell freezing over three or four times in a row.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #370 on: October 13, 2013, 05:58:19 am »

Wait, is this that Sasquatch thing? You only mentioned it about a week ago. Dude, you work fast.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #371 on: October 13, 2013, 07:32:16 am »

Went to a late-night sprinting bike race in a weird industrial area. Crazy to think that stuff like this happens all over, right under our noses. Intense bike guys yelling at each other about racing at midnight. I guess they cruised around to find a straight street with no traffic and no potholes. So we were in between some big warehouses and the train tracks.
Also intense cute girls with the above-mentioned bike shorts with a cute dress thing going on, totally smoking my friends in races. Then we rode to a bar, then we rode to a girl's apartment for pancakes. New friends are fun.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:23:06 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #372 on: October 13, 2013, 12:28:36 pm »

Were they racing for pinks?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #373 on: October 13, 2013, 12:37:01 pm »

Also LFM I just made my first amazon purchase.
For You!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #374 on: October 13, 2013, 04:28:03 pm »

Also LFM I just made my first amazon purchase.
For You!

The fact that you have avoided making an amazon purchase until now is shocking.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 94   Go Up