Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 240373 times)

0 Members and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #420 on: October 18, 2013, 01:14:02 pm »

I tried, though. Really, you can't call more than one everyday thing "fascist" in a conversation without seeming like you're kidding, right?

Right.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #421 on: October 19, 2013, 10:03:39 pm »

man, filling out these applications is not fun. I don't enjoy it. Berkeley is asking me questions like how much money I'll make over the summer of 2014, and how much is in my bank account. Do I say what's in it right now? The day I apply? This is some goofy stuff. "Relocation costs, including travel, shipping, utility and rental deposit costs." Yeesh, I don't know, a lot? How could I possibly know when this won't happen, theoretically, for a year? By then rents in the cheapest parts of the bay area will probably top 1k per bedroom per month, right?

MIT asked me to "list courses taken as an undergraduate, especially those relevant to Planning. Do not list textbooks."
The two fields are "Course Name" and "Textbooks." Is this some kind of tricky logic thing?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #422 on: October 20, 2013, 05:36:21 pm »

I bought a huge thing of kimchi and I have been eating kimchi fried rice for every meal. Awesome.

I looked up "kimchi bad breath" and found one of the worst things I have read on the internet. A thread on a site for American expats talking about how their Korean wives smell like rotten food all the time, and it shows how primitive and disgusting Korean culture is. WTF. Nice helping in there of suggestions of how to manipulate/bully your wife into not eating kimchi anymore. No suggestions of how to stop having really weird bad breath.

(I brush my teeth, floss, use mouthwash... it's like the smell is coming out of my glands or something. After I eat it my mouth has a weird taste/smell for the rest of the day.)

This week I am going to Chicago to see Thee Oh Sees. 11 months after my last trip, this time I'm going to have fun. Then next week my parents are coming! They haven't been here in 2 years, I think, so I am pretty excited. Haven't planned yet what to do. They've seen the arch and the art museum and the botanical garden. Hmm.

Oh, and the Cardinals are playing in the World Series. I still haven't figured out the right response to customers talking to me about Baseball. "I don't really watch baseball" doesn't help. Trying to express "oh yeah, go Cards!" just makes them want to talk to me about baseball more.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 05:41:40 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #423 on: October 20, 2013, 07:02:31 pm »

I bought a huge thing of kimchi and I have been eating kimchi fried rice for every meal. Awesome.

I looked up "kimchi bad breath" and found one of the worst things I have read on the internet. A thread on a site for American expats talking about how their Korean wives smell like rotten food all the time, and it shows how primitive and disgusting Korean culture is. WTF. Nice helping in there of suggestions of how to manipulate/bully your wife into not eating kimchi anymore. No suggestions of how to stop having really weird bad breath.

Dude I think the suggestion on how to stop having really weird breath - is to stop eating so much kimchi.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #424 on: October 20, 2013, 10:28:38 pm »

both people in the couple eat the kimchi.  they both have bad breath.  it doesnt matter if you have bad breath if the person you kiss all the time has bad breath, too.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #425 on: October 21, 2013, 04:04:03 am »

ok so, in order:

1. meet a nice girl
2. get her to start eating kimchi a lot
3. first kiss
4. nice!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #426 on: October 21, 2013, 11:29:44 pm »

I'm  curious what qualifies as a dingy ass question that deserves that response.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #427 on: October 22, 2013, 12:08:17 am »

"The printer says, 'Out of Paper'.  What should I do?"
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #428 on: October 28, 2013, 04:37:27 pm »

So we went to the open mic/Halloween party Saturday night, the one that had an actual cash prize for first place as arbitrarily picked by the host. And we won that mofo. While dressed as a vampire and a pink bunny.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #429 on: October 30, 2013, 01:24:52 am »

I put new strings on my acoustic guitar and it sounds like a dying guitar. What gives? Maybe they are just too too thin? They sound AWFUL. All rattley and too-low in a really strange way.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #430 on: October 30, 2013, 04:30:10 pm »

I don't know from guitars, but when I used to play viola sometimes that happened with new strings 'til they had a chance to stretch out a bit.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #431 on: October 30, 2013, 04:50:13 pm »

I think it is a combination of new-string sound and being way too thin. If I play delicately it sounds... OK. But if I play normally they rattle all over the place.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #432 on: November 01, 2013, 11:00:49 am »

I joined the Achewood group in Facebook and was a dick to assholes. Shit gets old, tho', so I left shortly afterwards.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:43:02 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #433 on: November 01, 2013, 09:55:53 pm »

what an insane weekend this is shaping up to be. My parents just left, my childhood best friend who I haven't seen in 10 years just got into town. Meeting him tonight. Meanwhile, my friend from the summer I worked at camp just called and said she is in St Louis for a few hours. Also, this lady I made out with a few times after I broke up with The Ex is in town and possibly staying here.

Too many people.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #434 on: November 01, 2013, 10:59:01 pm »

we are moving to portland.  the wife got an offer from her old boss at the public health department and she wants to be closer to her family(her mom passed away in may).  lots of big changes.  whew!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 94   Go Up