Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239443 times)

0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #555 on: December 29, 2013, 09:31:12 pm »

I am... in Northwest Ohio with my relatives

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #556 on: December 29, 2013, 11:33:39 pm »

I had to fly into Akron a couple times for work. because I'm young young and no one senior wants to go there. The only worst place is Dallas. If you get sent to a securities office in Dallas it is because you did something wrong.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #557 on: January 06, 2014, 05:04:49 am »

I don't know how much snow there is outside, but it is a fuck*ng shitshow. It took me almost an hour to get home from work. It usually takes 15 minutes. About 15 minutes of that was getting stuck and not being able to figure out how to get unstuck. Nobody else showed up for work so I ran around like an asshole all day. I didn't realize I could just call my job and say "hey it's snowing, sorry, can't come."

Really though, I dug out the snow around my tires, I rocked the car back and forth, I even did the thing where I put the car floormat under one tire to add traction. No dice.

Good news:
-I just bought a bunch of cold weather stuff. Sweaters, thick socks, smartwool baselayers. Awesome
-no work tomorrow
-yesterday I made this bomb-ass (in both senses) chicken chili verde with cornbread.
-probably soon I'll find out I got into school in California, right? Right?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #558 on: January 06, 2014, 06:28:45 am »

That sounds rough. Try to stay warm.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #559 on: January 06, 2014, 01:13:24 pm »


-probably soon I'll find out I got into school in California, right? Right?

Weren't you just bemoaning missing the deadline for a school in Chicago? Maybe that wasn't such a bad thing after all.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #560 on: January 06, 2014, 03:41:56 pm »

Yesterday at 4 pm: 55 degrees
This morning at 8 am:  -2

Nice.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #561 on: January 06, 2014, 04:05:52 pm »

Eastern Canada is a place, dudes.

We got over 50cm of snow during the Christmas break alone, an ice storm that snapped every birch tree in a fifty-mile radius of my town and gave 20 000 people week-long power outages, and it also hit -40 with wind chill a couple nights ago.

It's currently raining outside. Suffice it to say I'm happy not to be a car owner this time of year.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #562 on: January 06, 2014, 05:03:01 pm »

Thermal sensation 127º Fahrenheit (baseline temperature was 107) the last two days down here. I spent the holidays (5 days in a row) laying prostrate on the tile floor in my apartment (I live in the 11th floor) , not daring to acknowledge reality, wanting to cry but not daring to waste the liquids. 5 days when I could only go outside after 6pm, when it got tolerable. Blinding hard light threatening to hammer my eyes in all day from behind the curtains, the quiet hum of things baking. Thank God Rio is only this unreasonable some 2, 3 months a year, then it just gets normal, beastly hot. I wouldn't be able to survive.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #563 on: January 06, 2014, 05:38:44 pm »

I didn't know the heat numbers even went that high. Damnn.
In 2012 here it was in the 110's for a few weeks and people were dropping like flies.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #564 on: January 06, 2014, 06:39:02 pm »

I guess I don't have a dog in this hunt. I'm super cold right now because my house is old and drafty and my heater is inadequate, but it's above freezing and I'll be fine if I just put on another layer.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #565 on: January 06, 2014, 06:46:25 pm »

In other California weather news, its been something like 30 days since we got a measurable amount of rain, and over 60 since more than 1/2" fell.  There's been a grand total of 1.2" since the end of August.  I expect the whole state will burn down, then blow away in the hot wind.  In fact there are 2 wild fires burning right now, at 350 and 500 acres in size.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #566 on: January 09, 2014, 04:20:29 am »

Whenever I am trying to do something physically difficult and struggling, I hear ash in my head laughing at me. Today it was trying to dig my car out of the snow for the fourth day in a row. It gets worse and more frustrating every day.

It is incredible how little snow it takes to stop a car in its tracks. I also feel like this snow is destroying my car. This plastic panel on the bottom of the car came loose and is dragging along the ground when I drive. The "low tire pressure" light is on. The interior is covered in dirt/ice remnants from my boots/shovel/scraper. All floor mats destroyed. [in before "the snow isn't destroying your car, you are getting frustrated and destroying the car on your own"]
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #567 on: January 09, 2014, 06:45:16 am »

maaaan, FUUUCK YOU, BRAIN ASH

if i let brain ash dictate everything i did, i'd have broken so many bones and ripped so many tendons i'd be basically like a quadriplege by now.

a commercial just now came on the teevee where this wife wakes up her husband in the middle of the night to kick him out of bed for snoring. this ad is so goddamned sexist i can't stand it. look, if you can't sleep next to somebody who snores, YOU get the fuck up and go to the couch. DON'T wake up a person who is SO in NEED of SLEEP and kick THEM out of BED. JESUS.

(idk bout y'all but our couch is so comfy that dinner guests fall asleep sitting up in it) (it's really easy to sleep in) (but it's no bed) (which is marginally less comfy than the couch) (even though it's a memory foam mattress) (but srs its a comfy-ass couch we got)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #568 on: January 09, 2014, 01:55:59 pm »

Brain ash?  Isn't that the stuff that comes out of my ears the morning after I drop acid?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #569 on: January 10, 2014, 08:47:54 pm »

Yeah, I mean. I have a brain Ash. But my brain Ash is like that one friend who will tell you when your ass looks big in those jeans. Except for fitness and home repairs, instead of fashion.

My brain Ash is like, "you know what, most people would just say 'fuck it' and call a plumber. But do you want to be most people? DO YOU?!? You're better than this."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 94   Go Up