Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239243 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #570 on: January 10, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »

I don't know how wombat is able to maintain sub-figments in the figments of her imagination. I'm lucky I find my way home at night.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #571 on: January 10, 2014, 09:01:37 pm »

Also Inev: Try kitty litter for traction under your tires. Your floor mats will thank you.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #572 on: January 11, 2014, 01:32:06 am »

This time next year I plan to be reading about old buildings or whatever on a beach with some surfer babes. But thanks for the tip in case I have to go to MIT.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #573 on: January 11, 2014, 01:34:10 am »

Inev, also: Toscanini's ice cream.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #574 on: January 11, 2014, 02:36:40 am »

Inev and Wombat have slightly different priorities.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #575 on: January 11, 2014, 04:17:01 am »

I will bring the surfer babes ice cream. Problem: solved.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #576 on: January 11, 2014, 02:14:01 pm »

Perhaps I was not clear. The ice cream is in Cambridge. Consolation for the lack of surfer babes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #577 on: January 11, 2014, 06:43:15 pm »

In Boston I would also be near my aunt/uncle, cousins and their adorable children, and most importantly my little sister. I'm sure the ice cream is good too.

(also MIT has an astronomically high employment rate for grads, and gives out lots of funding, and ohhhhhhh what a cool school)

Today I am working on my application for one of the schools that isn't MIT or in California. I'm sure New Jersey has its own charms.

Yesterday my new stainless steel pans came in the mail, and I am kind of scared to cook with them. They are so shiny that I feel like they are someone else's and I'll get in trouble if I mess them up.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #578 on: January 11, 2014, 09:12:37 pm »

Today I am working on my application for one of the schools that isn't MIT or in California. I'm sure New Jersey has its own charms.

...something about the Chris Christie scandal... Actually I was thinking that this would end the presidential aspirations of the GOP's best hope, but I'm pretty convinced that this won't phase him in the eyes of the republicans. Which is good for the democrats because he had pretty good bipartisan support up until now.

Yesterday my new stainless steel pans came in the mail, and I am kind of scared to cook with them. They are so shiny that I feel like they are someone else's and I'll get in trouble if I mess them up.

Get in there and mess those pans up. Cook something boy, do it!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #579 on: January 12, 2014, 04:14:53 am »

Chris Christie will never make it out of the Republican primaries.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #580 on: January 12, 2014, 06:31:05 am »

Oh yeah. The Bible-thumpers and other unelectable nutbars are gonna slaughter him with this in the run-up.

It's gonna be schaudenlicious.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #581 on: January 14, 2014, 12:07:17 am »

I was already concerned that the pair of shoes I got for xmas pushed me into "owns too many shoes" territory, but now that they arrived (the original pair didn't fit and they were out of my size) I realize they are way more similar to my main everyday shoes than I thought. This is bothering me, and also the fact that this bothers me so much is making me embarrassed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #582 on: January 14, 2014, 12:46:29 am »

That is just silly. Shoes never go bad. Put them away till the ones you have now wear out, and you won't have to go shopping for shoes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #583 on: January 14, 2014, 01:02:55 am »

That way lies madness and hoarding of stuff. Stuff is the bane of existence, a sea-anchor, a millstone about the neck.

You sound like some Upworthy douche writing about some 80 year old man smoking goddamn shit!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #584 on: January 14, 2014, 01:48:52 pm »

You're welcome!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 94   Go Up