I watched the VHS, it is great. Some high school (!?) kid showed up with a videocamera, took the video with a giraffeeye lens, and left the tape behind when his camera ran out of batteries. It is a perfect mix of crowd footage, wandering around our house, and my performance. The other bands are recorded spottily or weirdly focused on just one member. Gonna have to do some googling to figure out how to cheaply make this baby digital.
Everyone loved it. One of my friends approached me afterwards asking if I want to be in a band with him. Also, some guy none of us had ever seen asked "how I got the gig" and started telling me about all of the shows his band has played. He wanted me to pass along the info to whoever "booked" the show. In my basement.
During the guitar solo the drummer/my roommate started yelling the vocal melody, and THE WHOLE CROWD STARTED SINGING ALONG. Oh man I felt like I was exploding.
All the girls I have crushes on showed up after it was over, of course. Because this is still Wombat's world after all.
(the prettiest girl ever was incredibly nervous about playing, and gave me a really sweaty smelly hug, and kept asking for help calming down/finding a tuner/etc. so cute.)