Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239278 times)

0 Members and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #645 on: January 31, 2014, 02:21:47 pm »

This is a delusion that seems to afflict many of the women I know.  I guess if someone wore a gold lamé bikini twice in a row I would notice, but short of that I doubt it.  And I'm observant for a living.

What people like this need to understand is that nobody gives a shit about you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #646 on: January 31, 2014, 02:48:30 pm »

This is a delusion that seems to afflict many of the women I know.  I guess if someone wore a gold lamé bikini twice in a row I would notice, but short of that I doubt it.  And I'm observant for a living.

I trying to avoid falling into patterns. I don't want to accidentally always wear my green shirt on Mondays because then I'll feel like the guy in Fight Club.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #647 on: January 31, 2014, 06:23:26 pm »

I absolutely notice when people wear the same outfits.

The mistake they're making is thinking that this makes me think either positive or negative thoughts. If the outfit is good, I think it is good. If the outfit is bad, I think it is bad.

Mindy Kaling has a thing about how she has determined that men want their wives/girlfriends/whatever to wear a t-shirt and tight jeans at all times. Everything else is women dressing for each other.

The only thing I worry about is wearing the same outfit on two dates in a row. That is too much. It doesn't help that I have a very set "favorite outfit." But everything I wear is a variation on a dork theme anyway.

I wear the same outfit 40 hours a week. Recently my coworker sewed some big pockets onto the front of my apron, and it is like a whole new world. It turns out that big apron pockets are very functional.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #648 on: January 31, 2014, 09:14:11 pm »

I have a blocked eustachian tube after a cold, and holy hell is it just about the most major minor inconvenience. Constantly dizzy, can hardly hear people speaking, eating sounds like I'm putting my hearing organs down a garburator, and I can't even listen to music. That's the worst part.

everybody says it's 'normal' and to 'wait it out,' but they wouldn't be saying the same thing if it were my goddamn eyeball that just suddenly stopped working.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #649 on: February 01, 2014, 04:08:35 pm »

I have learned I can't handle even the most basic tasks in Photoshop and even super basic 3D stuff is way beyond my understanding.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #650 on: February 07, 2014, 10:28:11 pm »

A-Cap and I will CUT YOU

Why? Do you guys have MBA's and all the shame that should go with such a degree?
Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #651 on: February 07, 2014, 10:33:18 pm »

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:31:16 pm by doomglobe »
Logged
[expletive deleted]

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #652 on: February 08, 2014, 04:48:31 am »


I usta squirrel around in the BLM land outside Barstow in one of those things. Fun like puppies on crack.

It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #653 on: February 08, 2014, 06:56:56 am »

hey aug do you wanna go to the hardware store later? i gotta get some power converters
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #654 on: February 08, 2014, 02:26:50 pm »

and what the hell does the upkeep on deadbeat uncle's ben's 'moisture farm' even entail? I'm imagining dude just sitting around and exhaling onto a single sheet of cellophane until a bead of condensation drips into a bucket. Forever.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #655 on: February 08, 2014, 07:19:14 pm »

Malcom gets a can for making me laugh in the middle of a graveyard shift.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #656 on: February 08, 2014, 07:56:45 pm »

hey aug do you wanna go to the hardware store later? i gotta get some power converters

Maybe we could swing by and catch Nick Winters afterwards.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #657 on: February 10, 2014, 06:34:04 pm »

Nice.  Nice.  Very nice.

I'm kind of jealous.  I have bathroom remodel work that needs to be finished, if it ever gets over 40 for a few days straight. 

I'm so close to having my own bathroom again, yet so far away...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #658 on: February 10, 2014, 06:48:10 pm »

EggMan, thanks for the Bag Balm tip. I bought a tin of it and have it set on the fireplace mantel at the new house for use after joint compound or thinset shenanigans. Spouse doesn't like the smell but we both agree that it sure helps. I hain't split anymore fingertips.

It's great stuff.  You can use it all over.  I've been known to use it when a bee stings my gentleness.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #659 on: February 10, 2014, 08:48:46 pm »

It's great stuff.  You can use it all over.  I've been known to use it when a bee stings my gentleness.

When I was on Accutane* my dermatologist recommend bag balm for my lips. He said it was way more effective than any other chapstick. Southern States** even sold it in tiny tins that fit in that weird jeans pocket. It was effective but messy since you had to apply it with your finger so I switched to Neutrogena in a handy tube.


*is that shit even legal now?
**does that chain still exist? All the ones by me closes like 15 years ago
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 94   Go Up