Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 240549 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #660 on: February 10, 2014, 10:17:27 pm »

Considering the target demo implicit in the store's name, I'm surprised they didn't make it in a back-pocket tin about the circumference of a Skoal's package.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #661 on: February 10, 2014, 10:26:30 pm »

**does that chain still exist? All the ones by me closes like 15 years ago

Oh hell yes! There's one in Manassas.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #662 on: February 11, 2014, 02:42:41 pm »

Yeah, Southern States are all over the place here.  One in every county.

Another thing I've been using udder butter on lately is Lyle the pitbull's paws.  They get badly chapped from the ice and the salt and it gives him some relief.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #663 on: February 14, 2014, 05:47:04 pm »

well, I am 1/6 more likely to be going to Chile now. And 100% less likely to go live in the Bay Area. This is disappointing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #664 on: February 15, 2014, 07:05:37 pm »

"So if I'm considerate enough to never intrude in another person's Facebook timeline to dispute or antagonize, even in the face of the most high caliber bullshit being spouted, that should be enough, right? People will take that hint and they will appreciate such consideration and will return the favor, they will live and let live, and will let me be me in my own timeline, and say the inanities I want to say without having to worry about shit like 'comparing sources' or point per point refutations which are the first indication that someone's been taking the internet way too seriously, right?" -- thought Deja. And then he fucked himself.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:34:31 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #665 on: February 15, 2014, 07:55:33 pm »

The Valentines Day tables are turned. The couples melting into each other—with their public displays of affection that the lonesome singles have long complained about—are being replaced by the increasingly vocal and visible angry singles. I had to stay away from the social medias yesterday because the self-pity parade got a bit too florid even for my morbid tastes. Hear hear to those, both single and hitched alike, who have the decency to bottle up their feelings until they snap and shoot up a Chuck-E-Cheezes.

The lady got me and my friend some tickets to an upcoming beer festival, though, so we stayed home and had a nice day.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #666 on: February 15, 2014, 08:52:21 pm »

well, I am 1/6 more likely to be going to Chile now. And 100% less likely to go live in the Bay Area. This is disappointing.

I bet Chile has many Areas with Bays.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #667 on: February 16, 2014, 05:38:35 pm »

also, I forgot about the school I fucked up the application for, it is 1/5 more likely, not 1/6.

I guess I am glad my 18 year old sister likes/trusts me enough to send me texts about being drunk. I guess.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #668 on: February 18, 2014, 09:49:52 pm »

"So if I'm considerate enough to never intrude in another person's Facebook timeline to dispute or antagonize, even in the face of the most high caliber bullshit being spouted, that should be enough, right? People will take that hint and they will appreciate such consideration and will return the favor, they will live and let live, and will let me be me in my own timeline, and say the inanities I want to say without having to worry about shit like 'comparing sources' or point per point refutations which are the first indication that someone's been taking the internet way too seriously, right?" -- thought Deja. And then he fucked himself.

I love it when someone posts some falacy that i can shoot down with wisdom, on a public forum, under their real name. Don't be facebook friends with people whose contributions you do not want. There are plenty of assholes like me out there.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #669 on: February 19, 2014, 12:18:51 am »

facebook isnt my soapbox.  plus, i dont even post much inane lifestuff, either.  my wife always tags me when she brags or updates people about our life.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #670 on: February 19, 2014, 02:09:08 pm »

People that I care about sometimes have ignorant, ill-informed or wrong headed opinions.  I'm not happy about that, but unless it rises to a certain high level,  I don't cease to care about them. 
Everyone is flawed.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #671 on: February 19, 2014, 02:26:54 pm »

I love it when someone posts some falacy that i can shoot down with wisdom, on a public forum, under their real name. Don't be facebook friends with people whose contributions you do not want. There are plenty of assholes like me out there.

You're lucky if you can get things settled that easily. In my experience Facebook is far from being an optimal platform for debate, which is why I get bored just *thinking* about it. It's a fuck*ng morass of logical fallacies, non-sequiturs, indignant para-morality and yes, poorly thought out counterfactuals. By the way, I posted my previous rant in my timeline and I think it worked. I have been posting whatever since then with not a peep for retort. *Good*.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #672 on: February 19, 2014, 02:46:42 pm »

Actually, for me having FB friends who I don't agree with politically is somewhat helpful. While it can be troubling at times, it helps remind me that not everyone who disagrees with me is evil or stupid.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #673 on: February 19, 2014, 04:32:16 pm »

I just want to post my shit undisturbed, 'tis all.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #674 on: February 19, 2014, 05:21:18 pm »

It seems like if you are not interested in discussion, you could post things somewhere where no one will see them. You could write them in your journal.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 94   Go Up