Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239637 times)

0 Members and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #870 on: May 28, 2014, 06:53:05 am »

jesus, housing in the northeast is expensive. Looking at spending twice as much for lower quality/less space, plus living with multiple people I don't know.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #871 on: May 28, 2014, 12:05:39 pm »

Well look on the bright side, they won't be people you don't know for very long.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #872 on: May 28, 2014, 01:17:32 pm »

True. I moved into a group house in Arlington via an ad in the City Paper when I was 25 or so. One of those roommates ended up being in my wedding party.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #873 on: May 29, 2014, 03:59:32 am »

hmm. Now there is another contender-- a guy in the program I'm entering (but in the transportation program, so probably won't have any of the same classes.) $150 less! The house looks smaller/cruddier, but $150 a month can buy a lot of cheap food at the Asian grocery store.

Today this customer who is always a total pain in the ass was going on and on about how much she doesn't like homeless people asking her for change (including saying she wants to slap them,and  that "where [she] grew up, if you didn't work you didn't eat"), and I leaned in and said "well, you don't seem like a very nice person!" and handed her her bags and walked away. I think I am getting sassy. I am kind of into it but maybe this is a bad habit.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:52:14 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #874 on: May 29, 2014, 01:15:23 pm »

Inev knows that he'll be leaving his job soon. This could be fun.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #875 on: May 29, 2014, 09:04:03 pm »

Inev's getting short.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #876 on: May 30, 2014, 05:46:39 pm »

whoa, golfhaus hasn't been online in over a year?

I am going completely nuts because every day for the past week (or more) it has said it was going to rain, so I decide not to bike to work, and then it doesn't rain. Today is my day off and it says there is a 50% chance of rain all day. I guess I should just go for it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #877 on: May 30, 2014, 08:56:42 pm »

There are worse things than riding in the rain.  Although if you're on a mountain bike on dirt trails with no rear fender, the result can be...unsettlingly embarrassing.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #878 on: June 01, 2014, 05:46:45 am »

well, I got to 4 years with this computer without it getting to where I want to throw it out the window. Upgraded the OS and now everything has a lag. This blows.

Also stupidly paid for/downloaded a game without checking what specs I needed. Will not run and I am feeling major nerd rage.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #879 on: June 01, 2014, 09:22:11 pm »

There are now two different romantic relationships among my friends that I thought were weird Facebook jokes until they got engaged.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #880 on: June 02, 2014, 02:02:04 am »

There are now two different romantic relationships among my friends that I thought were weird Facebook jokes until they got engaged.

That's hilarious!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #881 on: June 02, 2014, 02:57:34 am »

It took me until now, a month and a half before I leave, to realize the burger joint by my job is staffed exclusively by beautiful women.

(Also the chili fries are exactly what I want after work. Biking home after eating them? Uhhh report to come.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #882 on: June 02, 2014, 03:18:40 am »

You need to bike home after the chili fries.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #883 on: June 02, 2014, 03:36:14 am »

My stomach felt bad, but overall I am happy with my choices.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #884 on: June 02, 2014, 03:07:33 pm »

There are now two different romantic relationships among my friends that I thought were weird Facebook jokes until they got engaged.

So I am curious, is there any other evidence that people make weird Facebook jokes about their relationship status - I mean, other than obvious stuff like including their cat - or was this just a personal notion of your own?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 94   Go Up